• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of Summer celebration! Picture Overload Sept. 2015 TR Last updated 12/7

Day 5: Polynesian Resort visit, Magic Kingdom!

Like all days at Disney, bright and early start. Skipped going to Pop food court for breakfast because I had a breakfast ADR.

Waited for bus to Magic Kingdom around 6:30am hoping to get to monorail by 7 am for my 7:30 reservation at Kona Cafe. I asked bus driver if monorail was running and asked if he was willing to drop off after MK. He thankfully was very kind and dropped me off at Polynesian around 7 am.

This first thing that hits you upon entering the lobby is that unique smell, which I love. It reminds me of being in a tropical paradise.

Kona Cafe!

Of course, I had to choose the Tonga Toast! So good!

After breakfast was over, hoped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

Decently busy but glad I got there before rope drop.
While most of the crowd went towards Seven dwarfs, I went towards Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

I rode 3 times in a row, two of those times in the same row ironically behind the same elderly couple both times. Got to get these rides in before its crazy busy.

Next up was a visit to the Jungle Cruise! Love all the pun jokes.

After Jungle was a visit to the fun Enchanted Tiki Room!

Next up was Hall of Presidents. It was blazing hot so had to keep cool. I had wanted to see it but was too close to my lunch reservation so had to come back after lunch.

On the way back to front, the Move it, Shake it Parade was beginning.

The chaos of Main Street USA

Tony's Town Square

The bread offered before my meal. I chose the Margherita Pizza. It was very good, no dessert since I was stuffed and wasn't going to use my dining plan for this meal.

After lunch headed back to Hall of Presidents.

Next, went on the big riverboat which was cool, nice to take a break from the mad rush of people. No pictures of the boat I forgot to take a picture. I wondered over to Mickey's PhilharMagic. It was just super hot and needed to take a break from the heat as much as possible.

Here is the hilarious stroller parking by the carousel. Good luck

Just killed time wondering around, looking at the stores, and eventually waiting for dinner reservation at Crystal Palace. Since it was same characters as previous time, did get pictures but won't share so that way I can share other things.

Decided to get a Fastpass for Wishes, which was really nice. I didn't have to fight people for space. I stayed in the Fastpass area for the Electrical Parade. Close enough for me. I hate taking pictures at night because they usually don't turn out very well.

This wraps up another long but fulfilling day at Disney. Hopefully I will do next day report quicker then I have been. Next day will be Animal Kingdom Lodge visit, Epcot, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Day 6: Tuesday- Animal Kingdom Lodge/Boma, Epcot/Chefs de France, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Wow, I did not realize I never completed my trip report. So here I am a little over of a month from my last update trying to finish it. Although it is great to go back and see all the pictures and makes me want to go back to Disney soon.

Woke up bright and early to go to Animal Kingdom Lodge to eat at Boma. First had to get bus from Pop to AK and then to AKL.

Since most attractions I already visited in previous days I won't repeat pictures of the same things. These last few days will have mostly food pictures and anything I haven't posted yet.

First time to visit AKL and I'm impressed.

Boma was by far the best breakfast I've ever had at Disney. Just everything from the atmosphere, to the African inspired flavors to the awesome Jungle Juice. Fantastic experience.
After exploring some of the resort after breakfast, it was time to head to EPCOT.

Since it was blazing hot tried my best to keep cool and do other attractions I normally wouldn't do often.
I went to explore the aquarium and Turtle Talk with Crush, and Seas with Nemo and Friends.

Just happened to be in aquarium when some staff researchers where conducting research to see if one of dolphins can do a match "game" correctly. The dolphin did really well, and I was impressed. Turtle talk with Crush was pretty funny. This time the kids asked totally random questions about dolphins and pizza dude. Crush was lost.

Sneak preview of some Food & Wine decorations.

Voices of Liberty were just awesome on stage but nothing like when they sang inside under the dome.

An early Dinner at Chefs de France

Plat de cotes de Boeuf au Cabernet, polenta, Broccolini. The beef was very good. First time and probably last time to try polenta, just not a fan of taste and texture.

After the good dinner time to make my way to Magic kingdom for Halloween Party. I took the monorail and made a stop at Polynesian Resort on the way.

I thought it was decently crowded. The CM's were definitely guiding those not part of the party to the front exit. I went to a lot of the candy stations and got a bag about 3/4ths full of candy.
Started in tomorrowland and worked west. I found an area near Peco's Bills to watch the early Boo to You Parade.

As soon as parade was complete I ran to take a picture with Jafar! By that time it was about an hour out from the first fireworks show and went to go find a place. The fireworks were awesome. i had a great time at the Halloween Party.

Another long but fun filled day completed! Next time look for more Animal Kingdom and a visit to Disney Springs. Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter