~Enough LaZiNess AlrEady ~ LaZyLady's TR FiNALLY done

I hate to be the one to break it to you but the Disney Anniversary buttons really only have magical powers while in Disney. They don't inspire the same kind of pixie dust back home. Sad, I know.

We really liked POFQ too. Except for the fact that they share the bus route with POR.

It's sad commentary on my thought process that I hadn't thought of the magic button losing it's power! :laughing:

what do you mean - everyone may not smile and wish me a happy anniversary and a magical day?:confused:

PO - on my first ever Disney World trip, the very first resort ever on property I stayed at was Dixie Landings now of course POR. It holds special memories for me. POFQ would be the moderate we'd stay at if CBR were not available as we visited Coronado springs and the theme just wasn't us.

Thanks for your sweet comments and for poking me along!! :flower3:

If it's OK with you, I'm going to poke too.

I am finding that I have too much time on my hands and don't want to rush my TR so I'm signing on here! (Ask Ms. Diamond about that comment.;) )

I went to WDW a week before you - also to celebrate my anniversary. We stayed at ...........POR. I loved it! I would like to see your pics of CBR and POFQ. My BFF and I are staying at POFQ next September. Girls only!!:woohoo:

Take your time. We're not going anywhere soon. Darn it!

If it's OK with you, I'm going to poke too.

I am finding that I have too much time on my hands and don't want to rush my TR so I'm signing on here! (Ask Ms. Diamond about that comment.;) )

I went to WDW a week before you - also to celebrate my anniversary. We stayed at ...........POR. I loved it! I would like to see your pics of CBR and POFQ. My BFF and I are staying at POFQ next September. Girls only!!:woohoo:

Take your time. We're not going anywhere soon. Darn it!

:flower3: welcome Kristel and poke away just not w/ a sharp stick or anything :rotfl:

How did you find the crowds when you went?
And glad you reminded me about the resort photos, need to download those..

We did a few photo pass pics & ordered one of us @ Typhoon Lagoon that is so nice I ordered a coffee mug & mouse pad - one great picture = priceless!

We didn't really have to wait for anything. I took advantage of FPs for the things I thought would be busy!

The nights were a little crazy.

We didn't really have to wait for anything. I took advantage of FPs for the things I thought would be busy!

The nights were a little crazy.
your dog is so cute!

here's my puppy picture
Bellaspuppypicture-1.jpg

we thought the night of the MNSSHP was crazy. I am jumping ahead in my story here but we didn't have fun - the night started busy and grew worse and worse. sorry. mini rant over. :rotfl:

:cool1: :cool1: "We're going to Disney World!"

How often can we wake up, and think, THIS is the day!!

We checked out of Gaylord Palms and went to the Caribbean Beach resort around 10am. We had a very nice CM check us in, wish us "Happy Anniversary" and give us our special buttons. (BTW I wore my button every day and am tempted to wear it at home)

We had requested a king bed room in Jamaica and since the room wasn't yet ready, decided to visit POFQ. Armed w/ the new digital camera we first went to the new CBR pirate pool complex to take pictures, then bought our refillable mugs, visited the gift shop THEN went to POFQ.

POFQ is pretty y'all. We (again) went to the pool area to take pictures then to the gift shop (yes again) then called to see if our room was ready. It did take a couple of calls but by 1pm our room was ready!!

We love CBR. We requested Jamaica buildings 45 or 46 and were given room #4623.

103.jpg

We LOVED our room! It is a gorgeous resort, so lush, relaxing and welcoming. King bed room (first trip as a couple only, no kiddos) and it was a comfortable bed for sure.

The location of the room couldn't have been better. We were facing into a quiet courtyard, on the other side of the building was the parking lot - so close and convenient that Lucky Man said it was awesome having "our own" front row parking spot steps from the room.

Thank the heavens :goodvibes b/c we had lots to unload. We had visited the ABC liquor store (this was Lucky Man's research :rotfl: and he had it mapped out well) then the grocery store in the same parking lot - everything was so quiet it was as if we had the stores to ourselves.

So we had a couple cases of water, a couple cases of not water, a bit of pop, groceries - not too much, fruit, snacks, etc. - but added to the luggage it was a lot to bring in & we blessed the front row parking spot.

Did I say we loved the room? :cloud9: We loved the room. Lucky Man could live here. We live in Canada so to be in a tropical setting is heaven - and we find it so quiet by the rooms (ahhh!) and very welcoming over at Olde Port Royale.

The beach is so beautiful and we checked out the Jamaica quiet pool. Lucky :cool2: Man said let's hit the new (pirate pirate: arggghh mateys) pool complex.

061.jpg

Wow! Very nice and huge new pool complex - the picture only shows a bit of it. L.O.V.E. it!:beach:
The zero entry :fish: is nice. We relaxed there for a while......zzzzzzzzzzz

So tell me again...........Did you love it or what? :rotfl2: It sounds terrific! ABC sounds like fun too! :drinking1

It feels a lot like Christmas! :santa:

We actually spent the weekend visiting with both sides of the family (we probably drove :woohoo: right by you on the 401) and having our extended Holiday celebrations so yes, it feels alot like Christmas here too (although now it is raining :sad2: )

:surfweb: Hello!!!
Just checking. Bored, Bored, Bored at work.
Our weather has been cold but not as cold as up there. Very nasty snow/sleet today. More on the way - YAY! It definitely helps you to understand why everyone heads south.

We were driving downtown yesterday in the snow storm. Luckily, Lucky Man LOVES to drive in that stuff! HE thought it was great fun! :thumbsup2

Once we arrived it was a winter wonderland - the Sheraton was gorgeous, they were taping a Christmas special with :santa: Santa in the lobby and all. Watching the snow storm from inside was amazing, and we were on the 23rd floor looking over Nathan Phillips square so could see the lights and watch the ice skaters.

At night we went into the indoor/outdoor pool - very steamy, and a bit surreal to be swimming in the snow!!

Oh you bought back tons of memories of staying in that Hotel as a child. My best friend's parent was somehow given stays there and they used to take me along with their family. Even though I lived in Toronto as a child it was a treat to stay "downtown". Of course the indoor/outdoor pool was quite a luxury back then.

We're expecting yet another storm perhaps lucky man and you want to go for another drive?

LOL! No, no more driving in the snow for me! My Lucky Man grew up driving in snow storms so it's fun for him but it ages me! :scared1:

That hotel WAS wonderful, you can bet I was happy I followed the advice from the poll I posted! :disrocks: The Dis does not steer you wrong.

You must have great memories from there, what a place!!
There were kids in swim suits, rolling in the :rotfl2: snow, making snow angels then jumping back in the steamy pool! Brrrrrrrr. LOL.

:flower3: Have a wonderful rest of the weekend, the most adventure for me tomorrow will be making hot chocolate and watching football. :cheer2:

Happiest of New Years Wishes for a Fabulous 2009!
Please excuse this TR interruption for a quick PTR insert!

~Lazy Lady's PTR for March 2009~

:santa: Merry Christmas from Lucky Man :santa:
My present was to book a 4/3 vacation in March!!:dance3:

We will go March 23-30 and have a few ADR's so far:

Monday March 23 Chef Mickey's for dinner (arrival night)
Tuesday March 24 California Grill, dinner
Wednesday March 25 Boma, dinner
Thursday Crystal Palace late breakfast, as this is 8am early entry for MK

Will add Kona in for a breakfast one day, and considering a couple other ADRs.
Would love input!!:flower3:
xoxoxoxoxo

Oh lucky you for getting LuckyMan to agree!

I think your ADR's sound great. Can't go wrong with seeing Mickey on your first night!

I'm looking forward to Boma-that's on my list too.

I'm still trying to figure out my ADR's for my April trip though. So far I have the castle booked for my actual birthday but I'm waiting on TGM for the rest of my meals.

Hi Diamond and thanks!! Oh we're in March, you're in April, we'll just miss you!! That would have been a fun Dis meet!!!!
xoxoxoxo

I've not stayed at either but I'm a rustic kinda gal so I'd pick WL if I had the choice. I've seen pictures of CBR. It looks fabulous also.

Your Toronto trip sounded fun. I bet it was beautiful with all that snow!

Hi Kristel,
CBR is gorgeous, but we've been there our last two times. For Lucky Man this means how could we stay anywhere else? For me, it means TIME TO STAY somewhere ELSE. ;) For now we're booked into WL~if Poly becomes available we'll snap that up.
Hope your pixiedust: New Year is a good one so far~and yes downtown Toronto was fun, that snowstorm was amazing if you didn't have to :car: drive in it.
xoxo
Daisy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter