~Enough LaZiNess AlrEady ~ LaZyLady's TR FiNALLY done

DearDaisyinDurham

<font color=green>I'm trying not to look at the po
:wave2: Thanks for joining us for love laughter laziness a little liquor and lotsa fun!!

~Please say "hi" if you'Ve read along!

070.jpg

Anniversary Trip September 13-22 trip for 2 :cloud9:
~Lazy Lady and Lucky Man are going to Disney World~

Background: the Lazy Lady :cheer2: loves Disney World, Disneyland, all things Disney, and her Lucky Man:drinking1 loves her (and drinking at Epcot).

They coexist peacefully with this promise of a romantic anniversary trip for two. (And the distinct possibility of bounce back being planned:rotfl: )

COMING NEXT EPISODE: We leave!!! ** September 13, 2008**
(truly it's not that late of a report it just SEEMS like forever ago)

I'm first. I have never had that honor before. Can't wait to hear what happens.

Hi Daisy!:wave2:

Wondered what you were up to now. Looking forward to following along.:surfweb:

Hi Daisy!:wave2:

Wondered what you were up to now. Looking forward to following along.:surfweb:

Hi!!
We had a super trip and then we got home and the after trip blues hit. :rotfl2:

popcorn:: I've been reading :surfweb: Dis'ing and finally :rolleyes: decided our trip is OVER and I should just write about it already

:flower3: xoxoxoxoxoxo:flower3:

September 13 bugle call!
what is that early morning sound? the cruel cruel alarm clock going off at 5am. only made crueler by the fact that my head didn't hit the pillow until oh about 2am. I was too excited!

Lucky Man has made the decision (I love him) that we are having a car take us to the airport. He did this once for a business trip and it worked out awesome. Gallant friends on our far and fair North Canadian boards offered rides to the airport but Lucky Man had decided.

The packing was done, pretty much we only had to shower & dresss at that ungodly early hour. Right on time @ 6am (in fact, the driver was early) we were picked up and it was a HEAVENLY ride to the airport. The least stressful part of our day (could be, of all the travelling/transit). We would recommend it if it works out for you. (Remind me when we arrive back to tell you the ugly story of no driver booked, and we almost didn't speak to each other on the way home, can you say post trip depression?)

Arrive at Pearson, check in w/ Air Canada, yes, all is well. Terminal 1 is gorgeous, customs not bad, our customs agent guy is very nice and doesn't even laugh (out loud) that it's just the two of us going to see Mickey.

At the gate w/ lots of time to spare and the flight is on time. Only kink (pardon the pun) in the scenario is Lucky Man's very sore back. We've booked a window/aisle with hopes of getting the middle seat open and this happens. I give my sweetie as much room as possible to stretch out.

OH! But before we got on the plane, did I forget to mention the shopping? I bought a shiny yellow hardsided carry on from one of the kiosks, it's a Brookstone and I love it. It has four wheel drive easy spin wheels. And- I told Lucky Man to get a special at the Duty Free store which came w/ a Crown Royal collapsible carry cooler. We both walked away happy.

my head didn't hit the pillow until oh about 2am

Who can settle down the night before anyway?

it was a HEAVENLY ride to the airport.

Good man booking that for you.

I bought a shiny yellow hardsided carry on from one of the kiosks, it's a Brookstone and I love it. It has four wheel drive easy spin wheels

Shiny and Spinny. :thumbsup2

Who can settle down the night before anyway?

:yay: I know! At midnight DH said pointedly "Honey I amgoing to bed!" but I was way too wound up

Good man booking that for you.

:thumbsup2

Shiny and Spinny. :thumbsup2

yes! Shiny AND spinny and it's my favorite piece of luggage ever. I asked DH if he wanted one (in blue or black) and he said "not if I have to baby it the way you're babying that thing" but it looks pretty and I want it to stay nice. :dance3:

ETA: they have the cutest little stores in Port Hope, I love it there. And the pizza place on the main street (in the east end of town, DH says, the north side of the street) is SO good! Yum!

Looking forward to more laziness - now get to work!

:lmao: :lmao: you're funny!! no worries plenty of laziness to come!! I told DH I was writing a TR and he said how far are you and I said we are about to get on the plane. :confused3 :rotfl2:

:) We are about to board the plane...lots of people going to WDW but do not spot any Dis'ers - I will just cut to the chase & tell you now that I only saw ONE Dis'er the entire trip and that was our next to last day

So we board, get our seats, we have the window and aisle in our row, and hope that no one books the middle & no one did! It's a very smooth pleasant flight and I finally get to see Iron Man. I love :lovestruc Robert Downey Jr. and have been waiting for this movie! Lucky Man chooses Indy but he is in pain so he doesn't watch much of it. I try not to poke him TOO many times to show him Iron Man!!

We had a 10am flight and land a bit past 12 noon. Lucky Man wants to see palm trees and we DO! As soon as we get on the "monorail" at the airport. We're in Florida!! Yay!!!:woohoo:

By the time we get to the luggage carousel, our bags are there. Can't say that's happened before, good omen.

We go to the parking garage to p/up from National and Lucky Man picks the car, it's nice.

Little snag w/ the out of the airport to WDW directions - they suck - we miss something and it adds a half hour or so to the drive to our resort for arrival night, Gaylord Palms. No worries, hey, we're in Florida! but we'll get better directions next time.

Arrival at Gaylord Palms

055.jpg

We had an atrium view, breathtaking.
054.jpg

We checked in & our room was in Emerald Bay. It's a gorgeous sunny Saturday, we're in this stunning resort, what do we do but go to the pool! Big pool complexes here ~ however ~ also a group of party hearty people and their drunken loudness at 3-4pm is a bit much for us. No prob, we want to eat an early dinner. Go back to the room (one of the best rooms we've ever stayed in, anywhere btw) shower & go to walk the resort to find a place for dinner.

Argh. this place is h-u-g-e and it's p-a-c-k-e-d. Buffet? No! the lines are crazy. Pool bar? CraZy! Ditto a couple other places - finally we go to the little coffee shop/deli & order sandwiches to take to our room. Good call on getting in line when we did b/c OMG right after we ordered the line grew to like a dozen peeps behind us. I felt sorry for the wait they were going to have.

It was lovely eating on our balcony overlooking the atrium & we watched a wedding down below - ok, ok, I watched the wedding, Lucky Man watched football (NCAA y'all, we love it) on the superb flat screen.

They even have a computer in the room & I did Dis a bit after it got dark.:surfweb:

We were pretty tired from the early morning & traveling so went to bed early, it was cozy & lovely w/ the curtains open you could see the twinkling lights in the atrium "night sky", almost like sleeping inside a planetarium.

:flower3: Tomorrow - We're going to Disney World!!! :yay:

I was beginning to think you had abandoned us!

You need to put a link to your report in your signature. I know you'd pick up lots of readers that way.

the cutest little stores in Port Hope, I love it there. And the pizza place on the main street (in the east end of town, DH says, the north side of the street) is SO good! Yum!

I think you are talking about Jim's Pizza. They used to have one in Peterborough too while Dh and I were at Trent University there. We went there on one of our first dates so Jim's holds a special place in my heart. Have you tried their caesar salads yet? Very yummy and garlicky. Not great for a first date but just fine if you've been married for a while like Dh and I have now.

Lucky Man wants to see palm trees and we DO! As soon as we get on the "monorail" at the airport. We're in Florida!! Yay!!!

Ah yes, the first palm tree sighting. Very exciting for us northern folks. Second only to the first sighting of the castle.

It was lovely eating on our balcony overlooking the atrium & we watched a wedding down below - ok, ok, I watched the wedding, Lucky Man watched football (NCAA y'all, he loves it) on the superb flat screen.

I think wedding watching should be a televised sport. Do you ever see the show the TLC about the wedding dress shop?

:rotfl2: I don't know if I can take the pressure of more readers!! :rotfl:

Pizza - yes Jim's it is!!!! LOVE their pizza. we almost went there this weekend - maybe next weekend!! yes their salad is awesome too. I even like sitting on the little patio though it is tiny!

yes palm trees are a rush!! plenty @ the Gaylord Palms too, nice resort!

wedding watching rocks. I loved the other thread where she saw the Cinderella bride at the GF. how cool was that.
:lovestruc

You added the link at the bottom of your signature!

I am so proud of you!

When's the next update? Your fans await.........popcorn::

:cool1: :cool1: "We're going to Disney World!"

There's no nicer way to wake up than to think, THIS is the day!!

We checked out of Gaylord Palms
039.jpg

Catch ya later, Gaylord gator!

and went to the Caribbean Beach resort around 10am. We had a very nice CM check us in, wish us "Happy Anniversary" and give us our special buttons. (BTW I wore my button every day and am tempted to wear it at home)

We had requested a king bed room in Jamaica and since the room wasn't yet ready, decided to visit POFQ. Armed w/ the new digital camera we first went to the new CBR pirate pool complex to take pictures, then bought our refillable mugs, visited the gift shop THEN went to POFQ.

POFQ is pretty y'all. We (again) went to the pool area to take pictures then to the gift shop (yes again) then called to see if our room was ready. It did take a couple of calls but by 1pm our room was ready!!

I hate to be the one to break it to you but the Disney Anniversary buttons really only have magical powers while in Disney. They don't inspire the same kind of pixie dust back home. Sad, I know.

We really liked POFQ too. Except for the fact that they share the bus route with POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter