Enthusiastic about Genie+ touring

If G+ is basically Maxpass at DisneyLand, then I think we have a good idea of how it will affect things. The one wrinkle is making LL reservations at 7am, and the IA$ selections. For each park, the top two attractions will be IA$, which will drive more people to the other Genie+ attractions. Still, for MK this should look a lot like how things were in 2013, under the old FP system. And at the other parks, you'll have the same problems with fewer rides - at Epcot, everyone will be driven to Mission:Space, Frozen, or Soarin' (Rat and TT will certainly be the two IA$ spots). So, at least there are three main attractions to soak up the initial flood of LL requests. I expect during normal times (i.e. not Christmas-New Years, Easter, July 4th), there will be LL selections available throughout the day.

People may remember that TSMM was the hot ticket for so long, until DHS had Toy Story land and Star Wars land built. On the busiest of days, TSMM would be out of FP by 11am. Now, with a third track and the other DHS attractions (Millennium Falcon, RNR, ToT, MMRR), there's a lot more to soak up the hot demand.

Loud and clear. Blissfully in the "ignoring what people were saying" camp it is.

It is a replacement for a system that used to be free. Not everyone can afford this. Some were probably happier with the free system prior regardless of whether it will work "better" or not now. For some FREE > better.

Some do not want to spend extra time on their phones while at the parks, whether it's hours, minutes, or milliseconds. Perhaps phone time detracts from "the magic" and reminds them of something other than vacation/relaxation.

Some do not want to wake up at 7 AM on vacation. Some object to having to do so for only a single reservation at a time.

Some do not like only having 1 reservation at a time in general, instead of being able to book 3 at once.

Some do not like that T1 attractions are no longer included unless you pull out your wallet.

Some do not like that the annual passes that were purchased in advance of this announcement, which previously included FP and allowed us to go to a park for ONLY a few hours a visit, have a few rides scheduled in advance, ride them without huge waits, and spending more time dining or just walking around. Totally a misunderstanding or ignorance of the new system that those people have to fork over 45-60 a day for 3 hours of mid afternoon park time, just like they would for a full day, where before they didn't.

Some do not like that this is just one more in a long line of decisions that has removed things (parades, live entertainment, transportation, hours,etc...) while also raising prices. Pay more. Get Less.

You can cheerlead those things all you want. Love Genie all you want. Love Genie+. You do you. Accusing others of ignorance or misunderstanding when they have valid reasons for feeling the way they do just makes you look bad. But keep that spin machine movin' baby. I look forward to further lectures on why none of these things are true (when they all are) and that we're wrong.

Sorry, quoted and replied to wrong poster

I have repeatedly said — I understand the price related objection. I just think then you should equally object to every price increase at Disney. Start a petition — how dare they raise ticket prices by way more than $15 over the last several years.

But I totally understand objecting to cost.

Now, personally, I’ll gladly fork over my money for a system that is vastly superior to FP.

I almost feel like, if Disney said, “we are raising ticket prices by $30 per day”… there would be some moans, but no huge petition effort.
But to dare say, “we are introducing a new VQ system with a daily charge” …you get this massive outcry.

I never ever was able to successfully get a same day FOP or Mine Train fp. I do not ever want to plan my rides prior to the same day. Sometimes my family wants to sleep in, sometimes we want to skip a park day. Sometimes we want to do morning and skip evening.

I want to make my plans the same day.

That is NOT FP+. It is DIFFERENT.

If it was $15 for FP+.. you still had to book 60 days in advance, you still could only do 1 tier 1, until using 3 passes, etc…
If all that was the case, I’d be pretty negative.

But getting to ride spontaneously without making plans 60 days in advance, that’s totally different than FP, and I’m very willing to pay for it.

When did WDW ever offer me the chance to get a same day FP for Slinky Dog for any time I wanted, for free?!?!??

WDW never ever gave that for free.

TLDR
It's clear in your posts that you really don't get how people can object to this "far superior" system.
If you did you'd stop writing paragraphs about how great it is and trying to convince people they are the ones who are wrong.
It's OK to accept that people feel differently than you. It's OK that people don't see Disney in the same positive light as you. I promise you will be OK from having to see others negative opinions of Genie +.
You'll continue to enjoy your Disney vacations, and others will too. Some will not, and that is OK, it isn't going to effect you at all.

You’re demonstrating your willful ignorance.
yes, some people are unhappy about the cost.

I’m unhappy about every cost — the increased cost of tickets, food, accommodations.

But apart from cost, your whole post is nonsense. Some people object to waking up at 7am?? You don’t need to wake up at 7am. You want a noon pass, book it at 11am.
7 am is simply the earliest you can book.

People don’t like using their phones? So how did they add 4th FPs? Or mobile order food?
Im sure the kiosks will continue to be available for those with a phone aversion.

If you keep saying people will have to be on their phones at 7am — that is simply a misunderstanding or a lie.

So 1 of us is right and 1 of us is wrong. I will publicly apologize if all G+ reservations get sold out by 7:15am. Will you admit you were wrong when almost every ride has plenty of availability into the late afternoon?

You’re free to hate the new system. But you shouldn’t spread lies about the system just because you dislike it. And you shouldn’t attack people who actually legitimately prefer the new system.

Your entire post is nonsense.

See I can do it too.

TLDR
It's clear in your posts that you really don't get how people can object to this "far superior" system.
If you did you'd stop writing paragraphs about how great it is and trying to convince people they are the ones who are wrong.
It's OK to accept that people feel differently than you. It's OK that people don't see Disney in the same positive light as you. I promise you will be OK from having to see others negative opinions of Genie +.
You'll continue to enjoy your Disney vacations, and others will too. Some will not, and that is OK, it isn't going to effect you at all.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I’m never going to try to change anyone’s opinion.

I will address factually incorrect statements. And there are a lot of people saying things that just aren’t true, such as implying that all the reservations for the day will be gone at 7:15 am.

If G+ is basically Maxpass at DisneyLand, then I think we have a good idea of how it will affect things. The one wrinkle is making LL reservations at 7am, and the IA$ selections. For each park, the top two attractions will be IA$, which will drive more people to the other Genie+ attractions. Still, for MK this should look a lot like how things were in 2013, under the old FP system. And at the other parks, you'll have the same problems with fewer rides - at Epcot, everyone will be driven to Mission:Space, Frozen, or Soarin' (Rat and TT will certainly be the two IA$ spots). So, at least there are three main attractions to soak up the initial flood of LL requests. I expect during normal times (i.e. not Christmas-New Years, Easter, July 4th), there will be LL selections available throughout the day.

People may remember that TSMM was the hot ticket for so long, until DHS had Toy Story land and Star Wars land built. On the busiest of days, TSMM would be out of FP by 11am. Now, with a third track and the other DHS attractions (Millennium Falcon, RNR, ToT, MMRR), there's a lot more to soak up the hot demand.

THIS, is on point.

There were times TSM was out of FPs even earlier, by 10am. But at the time, it was the only ride at 4 parks with that issue.
Everything else always had availability within 1-2 hours.

With the “hot” attractions now having a LL surcharge, it’s unlikely all the spots will instantly disappear.
And since the ultra popular rides won’t be part of G+, those rides should be very akin to the old FP system. Where you could get almost any attraction you wanted, at almost any time you wanted.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I’m never going to try to change anyone’s opinion.

I will address factually incorrect statements. And there are a lot of people saying things that just aren’t true, such as implying that all the reservations for the day will be gone at 7:15 am.

Ok, but to be fair you aren't addressing factually incorrect statements with facts. You are addressing people's opinions with your own opinions. It seems you are basing your opinions on your experience with Maxpass (my apologies if that isn't what it's called). Others are basing their opinions on what they have experienced too using Disney's fastpass+ and/or boarding pass procedures. They are all fair opinions based on individual experiences, but what none of them are facts. Until Genie+ starts nobody knows the facts, including you.
Until then it's all speculation, and open to discussion. Nobody is right or wrong because we just don't know exactly how the system is going to work out.

"For some of us, all those increases are just not worth what you get out of a WDW vacation anymore.
The resorts go up, next year I will have to pay for transportation to and from the park. If I choose to pay for a rental car, I'll now have to pay a parking fee at the resort. Ticket prices will increase. If I want to avoid SB lines I'll have to purchase G+, and if I want to ride any of the new rides or top rides in the parks I'll have to shell out even more. At some point it does become too much. I can afford it, but the question is do I want to pay for it? Do I need to go to WDW so much that I'll continue to be nickel and dimed for the experience? Nah, I just don't think so.
I can respect that some people love their Disney vacations so much that they are willing to continue to pay whatever it takes to be able to go there. That just isn't me. I won't pay several thousand dollars for a vacation that to me doesn't provide the value of that money. The more Disney chips away at what used to make those vacations a little more special than others, the less I will be inclined to go. IMO, for me G+ is the last straw, I just don't want to give them anymore money."

I'm not disagreeing with you really. I am looking at staying offsite for my next trip unless pent up demand wains and onsite comes down in price ( I'm not optimistic). I have also written of DCL as too expensive for the experience.
If any of that is not worth it to you anymore, I won't tell you you're wrong. I just don't think there is enough information on G/G+ to make broad statements about how it is good or bad.

Last edited:
Ok, but to be fair you aren't addressing factually incorrect statements with facts. You are addressing people's opinions with your own opinions. It seems you are basing your opinions on your experience with Maxpass (my apologies if that isn't what it's called). Others are basing their opinions on what they have experienced too using Disney's fastpass+ and/or boarding pass procedures. They are all fair opinions based on individual experiences, but what none of them are facts. Until Genie+ starts nobody knows the facts, including you.
Until then it's all speculation, and open to discussion. Nobody is right or wrong because we just don't know exactly how the system is going to work out.

Yes and no. There is no 100% certainty about anything. Even after it launches… it can change at any time.

Nobody can state with certainty that any person who wanted could get a same day FOP FP+ under the old system.

But based on the information stated by Disney, combined with experience, we can certainly draw some conclusions beyond mere opinions.

Disney says you will be able to book G+ same day. That’s not speculation or opinion.

You’ll be able to make reservations through the day, not just at 7am. That’s based on Disney’s statements, plus experience with MaxPass/old FP, plus simple mathematical certainty. It’s not opinion. Now, I can’t tell you whether you’ll be able to get 5 reservations per day or 8 or 10… that would be guessing. But saying you’ll be able to get reservations through the day? That’s not a guess, that’s what Disney says.
Disney’s statement:
“You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day”
It’s not my opinion — it’s straight from Disney.

FP+ reservations are made in advance. G+ is same day. That’s not opinion or speculation. These are known facts.

Saying it's similar MaxPass -- That's not an opinion or speculation. If you watch the Disney Parks video about Genie+, they keep repeating that it's "very similar to MaxPass."

Now, it's possible Disney is lying. It's possible that when they release it, it will require reservations 60 days in Advance. It's possible that it will only include 3 rides, and they are lying when they say it will include over 40.

So I guess my "opinion" is that Disney isn't lying. If they say it's similar to MaxPass, I believe them. If they say it will have 40 attractions, I believe them. If they say you'll be able to book attractions through the day, not just at 7am... I'll believe they are acting in good faith and trying to tell the truth. As opposed to opening themselves up to a false advertising claim.

(By the way, some years ago, I confronted Disney about false advertising in their dining plan pricing, leading them to change their marketing material).

Last edited:
Agree—Maxpass (and legacy fastpass) are not the same as this.

This will be utilized by many more people than Maxpass. Maxpass coexisted with a free paper version of fastpass, so there was lower demand for it. Also, DL is mostly local APs popping in for a couple of rides and snacks who aren’t going to pay for maxpass each time they do that. Disney World is mostly out if town guests trying to do as much as they can in limited time. While none of us has a crystal ball, it seems very likely that maxpass usage will be tiny compared to genie+.

Also compare how virtual queue distribution works for ROTR at 7am, when you can try to get the queue from outside then park and BGs are gone in seconds, to 1pm when you have to tap into the park and BGs can still be available hours later. That should tell you right there that competition at 7am will be much more intense than the old systems you had to be in the park to utilize.

I think it is wrong to assume this will be a similar experience to maxpass. Whether it will be better or worse than fastpass+ remains to be seen.

Yes and no. There is no 100% certainty about anything. Even after it launches… it can change at any time.

Nobody can state with certainty that any person who wanted could get a same day FOP FP+ under the old system.

But based on the information stated by Disney, combined with experience, we can certainly draw some conclusions beyond mere opinions.

Disney says you will be able to book G+ same day. That’s not speculation or opinion.

You’ll be able to make reservations through the day, not just at 7am. That’s based on Disney’s statements, plus experience with MaxPass/old FP, plus simple mathematical certainty. It’s not opinion. Now, I can’t tell you whether you’ll be able to get 5 reservations per day or 8 or 10… that would be guessing. But saying you’ll be able to get reservations through the day? That’s not a guess, that’s what Disney says.
Disney’s statement:

FP+ reservations are made in advance. G+ is same day. That’s not opinion or speculation. These are known facts.
Nobody is suggesting everything is going to sell out quick at 7am, just that many popular rides will. It may be your choice of rides “throughout the day” is not meaningfully better than same day FP+ was. Which is great if you like figment and nemo—not as great if you like frozen and test track.

Agree—Maxpass (and legacy fastpass) are not the same as this.

This will be utilized by many more people than Maxpass. Maxpass coexisted with a free paper version of fastpass, so there was lower demand for it. Also, DL is mostly local APs popping in for a couple of rides and snacks who aren’t going to pay for maxpass each time they do that. Disney World is mostly out if town guests trying to do as much as they can in limited time. While none of us has a crystal ball, it seems very likely that maxpass usage will be tiny compared to genie+.

But for usage purposes, G+ is the same as MaxPass combined with the free paper fastpass.
MaxPass used the same "lane" as paper fastpass.

So if, for example --- 30% of guests were buying MaxPass, 40% were using paper FP, and 30% were just doing all standby lines..

And if that mix allowed for passes to be available consistently through the day --- That would mean, if 70% of guests buy G+, it will allow for availability consistently through the day.

My guess? The people that previously bought MaxPass, will have no problem buying G+. The people who relied on paper FP -- Will be split, some will buy G+, some will just go to standby. And the people who never wanted the "hassle" of reserving rides, will continue to just use standby.

So if 70% of guests used MaxPass+FP, it will likely be a bit less than 70% using G+. If 90% of DLR guests used MaxPass+FP, then it will likely be less than 90% using G+.

And if we get to a point where G+ is overwhelmed because toooooo many people are using it, Disney will increase the price... which will cause the demand to drop, and it will again run smoothly.

And I see your DLR and WDW "guest behavior" a bit differently. As you note, DLR guests tend to be locals who are coming for a short stay. WDW guests tend to come for long stays. So if you have a week at WDW, with 7 early entries, a couple evening extended hours, a chance to do each park multiple times... there is plenty of time to get everything done without any line skipping. Even if you never skipped a single line, you could probably get everything at AK done in a single day. (Granted, lines were low, but I got every attraction at DHS done in 5 hours, including doing Smuggler's Run, TOT, and TSM twice each).
So I see line skipping as being more valuable at DLR than WDW, where guests are there for shorter periods of time. They don't have the luxury of spreading out their touring over a whole week.

You’re demonstrating your willful ignorance.
yes, some people are unhappy about the cost.

I’m unhappy about every cost — the increased cost of tickets, food, accommodations.

But apart from cost, your whole post is nonsense. Some people object to waking up at 7am?? You don’t need to wake up at 7am. You want a noon pass, book it at 11am.
7 am is simply the earliest you can book.

People don’t like using their phones? So how did they add 4th FPs? Or mobile order food?
Im sure the kiosks will continue to be available for those with a phone aversion.

If you keep saying people will have to be on their phones at 7am — that is simply a misunderstanding or a lie.

So 1 of us is right and 1 of us is wrong. I will publicly apologize if all G+ reservations get sold out by 7:15am. Will you admit you were wrong when almost every ride has plenty of availability into the late afternoon?

You’re free to hate the new system. But you shouldn’t spread lies about the system just because you dislike it. And you shouldn’t attack people who actually legitimately prefer the new system.
Kinda’ sad that so many of your replies are disagreeable.

This diminishes the credibility your are seeking to portray.

Suggesting someone is willfully ignorant when they remarked Free>Better is out-of-line.

Because on the one hand, while you are certain Genie will be better for you, a litany of alternative reasons (beyond cost) have been provided in the more than 200 replies on just this Thread - and you have been dismissive about what ‘better’ means to all these other folks.

You should be ashamed for accusing someone of willful ignorance while you prance around this Thread blissfully ignorant of the fact that a one-size-fits-all touring plan that resets at 7am each day is not better for the more than 50% of Park customers who are on-site guests.

And your remark above that as many as 70% of folks might purchase Genie+, well, that’s what FP+ allocation was (allegedly), therefore, standby will have net time improvement of zero if 70% buy Genie+.

Last edited:
Nobody is suggesting everything is going to sell out quick at 7am, just that many popular rides will. It may be your choice of rides “throughout the day” is not meaningfully better than same day FP+ was. Which is great if you like figment and nemo—not as great if you like frozen and test track.

See… that’s the type of misunderstanding.
Unless Disney is lying, or unless they decide to only allocate 1% of their capacity to G+, Frozen and Test Track will have plenty of availability into the late afternoon.
If it’s actually like MaxPass, if they allocate ride availability in a manner that’s even slightly similar to MaxPass, then Frozen and Test Track will be available through the day. Not just at 7am.

For example, TT will be a premium LL.. They can sell 15,000 -20,000+ slots per day. They can adjust the pricing to regulate supply and demand. Average Epcot attendance is a bit over 30,000 guests.
Believe it or not — not all those guests even want to do Test Track. And plenty will choose to simply do it in standby. Possibly with a low wait in the extended hours.
so the only way TT sells out by 7:15 am, is if 65%+ of all Epcot guests rush to their phones at 7am to pay $20 per person for TT.

Can I be 100% sure that won’t happen? No.

But it doesn’t happen in any of the other Disney parks that have used ala carte pricing.
So it’s a pretty safe bet it won’t happen here.

Kinda’ sad that so many of your replies are disagreeable.

This diminishes the credibility your are seeking to portray.

Suggesting someone is willfully ignorant when they remarked Free>Better is out-of-line.

Because on the one hand, while you are certain Genie will be better for you, a litany of alternative reasons (beyond cost) have been provided in the more than 200 replies on just this Thread - and you have been dismissive about what ‘better’ means to all these other folks.

You should be ashamed for accusing someone of willful ignorance while you prance around this Thread blissfully ignorant of the fact that a one-size-fits-all touring plan that resets at 7am each day is not better for the more than 50% of Park customers who are on-site guests.

??
See.. FP+ is one size fits all. Everyone needs to make their plans far in advance.

G+ does not “reset” each day. It is not 1 size fits all. It’s the exact opposite — you do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Now, you personally prefer to have every second of your day planned 60 days in advance — ok, you can still do that with G+. Nothing stops you from making your plan 60 days in advance. You just have to wait till your park day to “book” it.

G+ let’s me make my plan 60 days in advance, or 30 days in advance, or 1 day in advance or 5 minutes in advance.

You literally just said it’s a “fact” that G+ is not better than FP+ for “50%+” of guests.

How do you know as a fact, that after actually experiencing G+, more than 50% of guests won’t like the change?!?

I submit — guest satisfaction with MaxPass has always been much higher than FP+. Your “fact” is simply wrong.

Apparently, you don’t understand that spontaneously getting any pass you want is vastly superior to having to plan a limited number of passes 60 days in advance.
Disney has said nothing about being able to get any pass you want anytime you want it. They have said all rides are subject to availability. So maybe you will get the one you want, maybe you won't. What's probably a sure thing is you won't get all the rides you want. No matter what they do, availability will run out at some point during the day. With FP+ I was guaranteed to ride every top tier ride because I booked 3 a day over the span of a trip. I almost always got those top tier rides multiple times.

You don't seem to understand that what you consider to be vastly superior is just your personal preference, not something that applies to everyone. I could care less about the price tag- doesn't bother me in the least. Honestly, they could've charged twice that and I wouldn't blink. But it's not as good as FP+ was for me and my family and no amount of explanation will change the fact that I wanted a guarantee of being able to ride- to know before I ever left home that I had SDMT, Space, Splash, BTMRR, PPF, FOP, Everest, Safari, Slinky, Frozen and TT booked to ride and some of those as many as 5-6 times over a trip. I'll take that over Genie+ any day of the week and would've been happy to see it even if they charged.

Disney’s statement:

Yes, you can make selections throughout the day...."subject to availability".

Disney has said nothing about being able to get any pass you want anytime you want it. They have said all rides are subject to availability. So maybe you will get the one you want, maybe you won't. What's probably a sure thing is you won't get all the rides you want. No matter what they do, availability will run out at some point during the day. With FP+ I was guaranteed to ride every top tier ride because I booked 3 a day over the span of a trip. I almost always got those top tier rides multiple times.

You don't seem to understand that what you consider to be vastly superior is just your personal preference, not something that applies to everyone. I could care less about the price tag- doesn't bother me in the least. Honestly, they could've charged twice that and I wouldn't blink. But it's not as good as FP+ was for me and my family and no amount of explanation will change the fact that I wanted a guarantee of being able to ride- to know before I ever left home that I had SDMT, Space, Splash, BTMRR, PPF, FOP, Everest, Safari, Slinky, Frozen and TT booked to ride and some of those as many as 5-6 times over a trip. I'll take that over Genie+ any day of the week and would've been happy to see it even if they charged.

Are you guaranteed that the supermarket will have milk when you get there? Are you guaranteed that McDonalds will have hamburgers?

It's certainly possible that you'll show up at McDonalds, and they will be all out of hamburgers.

Yes, rides are of course "subject to availability." If it's a day of thunderstorms, Slinky Dog won't be available for the day. Even if you had a FP+, it wouldn't be available. If Haunted Mansion has a malfunction that causes it to break for 3 days, you won't be able to ride i with G+. Your FP+ also will be useless for it.

So you aren't guaranteed under FP+ or under G+. Both are subject to availability.

Now, if the ride is open and functioning.... We know from MaxPass and other parks, the rides will generally be available all day.
You might not be able to "order" your FPs 60 days in advance, but you can be extremely confident they will be available when you get to the park. Just like you can be confident that McDonalds will still have hamburgers when you arrive. Do you order your Big Macs 60 days in advance, or are you okay waiting until you get to the drive thru?

And pst---- You couldn't pre-order 5DMT, Space, Splash, BTMRR, PPF, FOP, Everest, Safari, Slinky, Frozen, and TT all for the same day with FP+. You couldn't even order them all over 2 days. Not even 3 days. It would take a minimum of 4+ days to collect all of those pre-ordered FPs. But with G+, you actually can get them all in 1-2 days.

Finally, my Magic Kingdom plan with G+

On the way to MK, book Peter Pan G+
8:30 early entry -- Ride Mine Train.
9:00 am-- redeem Peter Pan G+. Book Haunted Mansion
9:15: Ride Little Mermaid Standby
9:40: Ride Small World Standby
10:00 -- G+ for Haunted Mansion. Book G+ Splash Mountain
10:20: ride the Riverboat
11: Ride Splash G+, book Jungle Cruise
11:30 -- Country Bears
12: G+ for Jungle Cruise, book G+ for Pirate
12:30 Hall of Presidents
1:00 Use G+ for Pirates, book BTMRR
1:30 -- Lunch
2:30 -- Use G+ for BTMRR, book Buzz Lightyear... though might not book it until later in the day
Take a break to swim
Return to park at 6pm:
6:00 pm return to park -- Ride Buzz with G+. Book a repeat on BTMRR
6:30 pm -- Laugh Floor
7:00 pm -- line still too long for standby at Space Mountain, buy Space LL
7:30 -- ride BTMRR with G+
8:00 pm -- go grab a good spot for fireworks

So 8 G+ reservations through the day and 1 LL.

I suspect some people may say that's over-optimistic. But it's pretty consistent with MaxPass. Might be more limited on a high crowd day, only get 5-7 of those reservations instead of all 9. But it's a pretty realistic scenario for a day of touring.

And pst---- You couldn't pre-order 5DMT, Space, Splash, BTMRR, PPF, FOP, Everest, Safari, Slinky, Frozen, and TT all for the same day with FP+. You couldn't even order them all over 2 days. Not even 3 days. It would take a minimum of 4+ days to collect all of those pre-ordered FPs. But with G+, you actually can get them all in 1-2 days.

I didn't need to book them all in 1 day and I wouldn't want to. And btw, it would be pretty tough going to make all those rides even in 2 days, let alone 1 so the fact that technically I "might" be able to with Genie+- absolutely no guarantee that I could, it doesn't matter because I couldn't get to all of them in 1-2 days. A feature that has no practical use is useless. Your opinion that all rides will be available anytime during operating hours is not reasonable. They have never been able to satisfy demand on popular rides under any system. Genie+ did not create more ride capacity. They are going to run out at some point during the day. The only way not to is to ration and then it's not that they lasted all day, it's that there would be multiple outages during the day.

Subject to availabilty isn't just in regards to problems beyond anyone's control. The fact is, I could've been guaranteed to ride all of those rides at some point before I ever left home. Even if they were down, I would be guaranteed of of getting a recovery pass. I was in fact, guaranteed I could ride them at some point. I've gone to WDW for decades, through paper FP and FP+ and when there was no system at all and not once has a ride gone down for any reason and been down the entire trip. With Genie+, I have no such guarantee, even if the rides are operating exactly as they should all the time.

That's my whole point though- what you want and need is not what everyone wants and needs.

TLDR
I'd like to know how they are so sure this will be ""far superior" without ever experiencing it, yet be so dismissive of everyone who thinks it will be worse because how can they think that without ever experiencing it.

I already admitted cost is a very valid reason not to be excited. It’s just about the only significant reason.

But complaining about the cost is a bit useless to me. Anyone who can’t afford park hoppers has a downgraded experience compared to someone who can afford it. Anyone who can’t afford signature meals has a downgraded experience compared to someone who can afford them. Anyone who can’t afford VIP tours, deluxe accommodations, etc.

And taken to the most significant — anyone who simply can’t afford a Disney vacation at all.

The only solution to your complaint would be to charge $1 for park tickets, $1 for rooms at the Grand Floridian, $1 for dinner at Victoria & Albert’s.
Give unlimited FPs to everyone for ever ride. So that when you get the FP, you still need to wait 2 hours.

Yes, higher cost sucks. Very legitimate complaint. But it’s also how the world works. Bigger budget buys more. That’s not exactly new.
This is by far the rudest, most judgmental post on this entire thread. If you can't afford this extra cost for a thing that didn't used to have a cost, well tough luck for you. You deserve to have a downgraded experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter