Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they’ll be able to move those barges out each day. They’re just too big.

Theyre anchored into the lagoon, that’s why they’re not going to be moving every day. But if they really needed to, im sure they could. I think they’re confident in what they’ll be able to do with the shows that after a while people won’t care.

. It’s still a small footprint compared to the size of the lagoon
Dont know if you would be able to make that observation if you have actually seen the size of just this one piece. And there will be 4 (maybe 5 more pieces) plus the central orbit that would probably fit a Disney bus standing up through it! ... and the Globe will still appear ?
But the nightly projections will be seen at the Riviera for sure. And that’s the goal to keep guests happy.

I don’t think they’ll be able to move those barges out each day. They’re just too big.
Theyre anchored into the lagoon, that’s why they’re not going to be moving every day. But if they really needed to, im sure they could. I think they’re confident in what they’ll be able to do with the shows that after a while people won’t care.
One of the big reasons that has been said as to why they are permanent is that to move them in and out each day would take significant time. From an ops point of view the bridge would be up for a long period of time disrupting the World Showcase flow. The Illuminations barges could be moved out fairly quickly. These would take way longer due to size and complexity.

Give us a freaking opening date for Remy, that is all I ask.

I'm with you! For our March 2021 trip, we are only doing 2 parks days and the rest will be at the beach. If Remy won't be open, we want to do DHS instead... I'm thinking it's a slim chance it will be open by March :( but it still would be nice to know if it's a possibility...

I'm with you! For our March 2021 trip, we are only doing 2 parks days and the rest will be at the beach. If Remy won't be open, we want to do DHS instead... I'm thinking it's a slim chance it will be open by March :( but it still would be nice to know if it's a possibility...

I think March might just be around the time it opens. I’m not sure how much longer they’ll want to wait than that before ramping up 50th advertisements. They might want to try and get people to double dip. Once in the spring for Rat and maybe Harmonius. And again for the 50th

I was keeping an open mind om the barge until i saw it for myself. I did yesterday. It's huge, not only wide but tall and ugly, definitely disruptive of the WS sight line. Now at night it does disappear and the only reason you know it's there it's because you can't see across. Can only imagine the sight once all of them are in place

I was keeping an open mind om the barge until i saw it for myself. I did yesterday. It's huge, not only wide but tall and ugly, definitely disruptive of the WS sight line. Now at night it does disappear and the only reason you know it's there it's because you can't see across. Can only imagine the sight once all of them are in place
🌮 barge

Today would be a good day to bring the other barges out. And then when the complaints start rolling in about the new barges, start the entrance fountains to distract everyone and make them happy again

Today would be a good day to bring the other barges out. And then when the complaints start rolling in about the new barges, start the entrance fountains to distract everyone and make them happy again
Only one more was supposed to be out before years end. They aren’t all finished yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter