• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ESPN Club

tkyes

<font color=purple>DIS Earth Angel! :)<br><font c
Has anyone eaten at the ESPN club at the Boardwalk?

It's not my first choice for dinner, but there is a big football game on one night of our trip that DH insists we must watch.

I've read the menu and it looks to be pretty standard sports bar stuff.

Just wondering what opinions or recommendations others have.

Tamie

Well, using your words- "pretty standard sports bar stuff". Good wings, good chicken sandwiches, good caesar salads, a pretty good burger - and BEST of all good cold beer! TVs everywhere (even in the bathrooms- don't want to miss that big play!). Overall a GREAt place to watch a game. Our latest BIG event was the NCAA tourney - fans all over the place from every team - whooping & hollering - almost like being at the game. We have also watched pro & college football there - same atmosphere - FUN!!!

Yep, I agree. Typical bar food, yet pretty good. We ate there last month with 4 adults & 4 kids and we all enjoyed our meals.

And since I believe it was you who gave me the heads up on the Applebees Mudlsides(which by the way I did try and were very good), check out my tag. ;)

Awesome wings and even better Mudslides.

Depending on the game you may want to get therre early.

We have been to the ESPN Club several times and thought the food was really good. It's a fun atmosphere and though we haven't ever been for a game, I am sure that would be lots of fun. They have a great club wrap and very good burgers as well! Have a great time!

We ate there twice and loved the food. I thought it was much better than 'typical bar food'. I would liken it more to an Applebee's or Friday's.

It's first come first served so be sure to get there soon enough. We had to wait in line each night (maybe about 10 - 15 minutes...not too long)

Pam

ditto on the club wrap -- it was great!

Originally posted by pstepka
We ate there twice and loved the food. I thought it was much better than 'typical bar food'. I would liken it more to an Applebee's or Friday's.

LOL! Thats exactly the type of places I was thinking of when I said typical bar food. Since my city cant have any "bars", those are the bars around here, along with The 99 Pubs. ;)

Was there last week to see Gator game. I had:

Rib Eye Steak - juicy rib-eye steak, grilled to perfection, served with garlic-smashed potatoes and fresh vegetables, beer, beer and then one more beer.

It was ALL GOOD!

Of course it was fun, the Gators won.

thanks guys!

Thanks for the mudslide tip Camcolt :) Yep, that was me. Glad you liked the mudslide at Applebees.

Tamie

This is a must do for me on every trip.. My kids love it too. If you decide to order the big bucket of wings, be prepared to eat. Hard for on person to eat, but I keep trying.:p

We have gone to ESPN Club everytime we have been to Disney. A little cheaper restaurant than some of the others, with a great atmosphere. Husband loves the barbeque pork sandwich. Each sandwich comes with fries and a GREAT pickle. Daughter likes the ice cream for dessert. Comes in a little baseball helmet.

Like others have stated, arrive early if it is an important game. We turned around and left when we showed up on All Star Game night last summer. Line way out the door. I am sure they get crowded for Monday Night Football.

Well, I'm going to have to disagree with everyone based on my experiences there, and I've been several times. The food has always been of mediocre quality and good luck getting a seat for football because you'll have to arrive a couple of hours before the game to get a table or even a stool in the bar. We were there last week and boyfriend wanted to see the Ravens game on Sunday so he stood in the bar for the entire game (I went to Epcot instead). You also have to constantly drink or the wait staff will bug you to death, regardless if you are seated at a table, sitting, or standing in the bar.

We were there last Christmas day. I thought the food was good, the staff very attentive (not busy at all, think everyone was at the park!) we ate and watched the MK Christmas Parade on TV. That was so fun. Because it wasn't busy we met others from Wisconsin- my husband doesn't go any where without his Packer gear. Our son got a nice little game to keep him interested while we waited for our food.

I am sure that if you wanted to be there for a big game it would be crazy. We don't usually do sports bars when the Badgers or Packers are on because you can never really watch the game.

It does look like a place that could get packed. Have fun and roll with it.

It's a Sunday night game - 8:30 start between the Vikings and the Packers.

I'm sure we'll get there much earlier to eat dinner, we don't like to eat too late.

Do I have any other options for watching that football game? Do you suppose I could find it at a resort lounge?

Tamie

Originally posted by tkyes
It's a Sunday night game - 8:30 start between the Vikings and the Packers.

I'm sure we'll get there much earlier to eat dinner, we don't like to eat too late.

Do I have any other options for watching that football game? Do you suppose I could find it at a resort lounge?

Tamie

If it's a Sunday night game on ESPN, you'll have lots of choices. Any lounge with a TV should have the game playing. Also, you could just watch the game from your room if you choose. As long as it's a nationally televised game (which this one seems to be), you'll have numerous game-watching options.

Personally, I wouldn't go to ESPN Club to watch the game unless that's the only place it's on. Like another poster said, it gets very crowded very early.

One more question - this might be a silly question - is the ESPN Club non smoking?

Tamie

It is non-smoking. The only place that allows smoking indoors on Disney property is JellyRolls.
I've heard that it's fun to watch a game at the Outer Rim in the Contemporary.
Have fun!
:)

thanks Montessori - that's what I thought, but I just wanted to double check.

We still don't know what we are going to do. It sounds like DH wants to check out the ESPN club and give it a shot at least for the first half of the game and then we would probably go relax in our room. We'll just see how we feel that day and decide from there.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Tamie

We eat at the ESPN restaurant every time we go to Disney. My vet's wife found out we were going to Disney last time and told me that her favorite thing to eat was the tuna salad at the ESPN club. I thought that I might try it since she raved and raved about it. Well, I had it and it was awesome. Now, I am craving that sandwich and only have to wait 24 more days to get it. Tuna sounds boring, but this tasty sandwich was a welcome change to everything else we had all week. Everyone else enjoyed their food as well. Have fun!:smooth:

Yipes! I didn't realize I was helping out a rival! :). As it is the Packer/Viking game. If it was my husband I know he would not be at the ESPN Club. He likes to yell at the Packers in private, and people who are not watching the game are just not appreaciated. It was all he could do the year we went to Hawaii to not see the whole Packer/Bear game that year. We had breakfast with the Packers, but had to leave to see the Arizona Memorial before the game was over. There were tons of people wandering around looking for the score (we had gone to watch the Wisconsin Badger's play Hawaii in football).

Go Pack Go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter