• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ESPN Club

He likes to yell at the Packers in private

I guess that's one difference between Vikings and Packers fans, we have a little more restraint. ;) lol! totally kidding by the way!! :) :)

My DH likes to watch games in sports bars on occassion and ESPN should be a fun atmosphere.

Thanks for your help. You've done your good dead for the day - helping a Vikings fan ;) You're going into Packer heaven for sure now! ;) LOL!

Tamie

Absolutely great place to watch a game. We went a couple of years ago to see the Bills play, and we had a blast. GOt there about an hour before the game, I think. They do a pre-game and half-time show and there are always plenty of rivals around to spar with ;)

Not that I'm biased or anything, having worked at ESPN on my college program, but I think it's the absolute best place around to watch a game.

If you're wanting to see a Sunday NFL game, especially an early one (1:00), doors open at 11:00 and there are people waiting outside for the best seats before we open. The door host will have a list of all of that day's games (because we show all of them! Every single one!), what TV's they'll be on, and what audio will be in what room. Sometimes the techs will get that information to the door hosts early so you can call on a Saturday night and find out what the plan is. Of course, in the case of an absolute blowout or something like that, the audio can always be changed. We also changed it once when we had an entire room full of Eagles fans and no Eagles audio -- but that's not likely to happen unless there's a large majority of people asking for one game.

The food is great -- the Tuna and the Portabello Mushroom sandwich are my two favorite things on the menu, but there's a soft spot in my heart for barbecue dingers (barbecue-sauce-coated chicken tenders) and our hotwings. The Chicken on the Field salad (romaine lettuce, hot or mild dingers, blue cheese, onion, tomatoes..all kinds of good stuff) is also great. Try the hockey puck for dessert -- a dark chocolate covered brownie served with ice cream.

If you're looking for a fruity, girly drink, try the 7th inning stretch. They're so good!!

This is an awesome day of watching Pro football. Everyone in the place is cheering and taunting each other in good nature. My family does it every fall.

GO EAGLES GO

We even let my Redskin fan SoninLaw sit with us. HAHA

I agree, Bob. I wish I could be there this Sunday to watch the Bills thump the Eagles ;)

We took out food from ESPN one night (a last minute decision) and were surprisingly impressed, not only was the food good but it was quite reasonable!

BTW-all restaurants in FL are non-smoking now. WDW restaurants have been non-smoking as long as I can remember. I believe smoking is only allowed in bars that make only 10% of their profit from food (I think I got that right).

ESPN has a lively and fun atmosphere...ENJOY!!

:jester:
Normally being as passionate as I am about THE EAGLES I would take offense but there are too many things going on with the team right now.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Good luck

We will be there this Sunday, cheering for the Eagles to redeem themselves!

Thanks for the tips, SoonerKate - all your recommendations were things I had picked out from the menu:)

We will be there in Giants Blue on 10/26 to watch them play the Vikings!!!
We plan to arrive around 10:30 am and wait for the doors to open and will probably stay until halftime of the 4 PM games if not later (depends on what's going on!)
Pitchers of beer keep coming all day. We'll get the wings and I cannot wait until I can have my favorite tuna in the world!!!
As far as the OP is concerned, if you want to see the 8:30 game, you should probably get there around 7, the place will be clearing out from the day games. I've never done it, so this is an educated guess

BTW, we're going to the Beer and Food Tasting in Epcot while we're there and I didn't make any other plans afterwards; I have a feeling we'll wind up in the ESPN Club that night too (I also have a feeling that my BF isn't going to like the food at the tasting!!!)

We just ate at the ESPN Club last week and it was really quite good. I had the sirloin steak sandwich, hubby had the burger and kid had the burger. It was all cooked as ordered (medium rare for me and hubby...medium for kid) and the fries were nice and hot. Can't say that for many of the park counter service restaurants. FlameTree served us cold fries just the the day before. We also had a great server at ESPN...very attentive. I'd definitely eat there again...and like others said, a bit more reasonable than some of the Disney places...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter