Everyday Theme Swap - Progress Thread - POSTAL

DisneyIsTerrific

DIS Veteran
The due date is November 5.

Newbies are welcome. If you haven't swapped with us on this board before, then I will limit you to 2 groups.

There are 3 different types of groups listed:
-- The first set of groups are for regular elements (2 elements required)
-- The second set of groups are for 4-inch altered letters
-- The third set of groups are for 2-inch letters to spell a character's name

Groups are listed in the next post.

Due Date: November 5, 2010. This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is October 29 to make sure the package arrives to me on time.

Required check-ins will be:
July 31 (verify groups and pm info to me)
August 20
September 24
October 15
October 29 - mail by date
Due to me by November 5

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

This is an element only swap. The requirements are:

Group A through Group Y will be to make a Title/Topper and 1 element from the list below.

The Title/Topper can be: the standard 8x2 topper (other sizes okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles, mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, photo mat, altered cd, etc. - There must be double matting and embellished at least once.

Element list:
1 paper piecing (larger than 3 inches)(not a single layer diecut)
2 paper piecings (smaller than 3 inches) (not a single layer diecut)
2 photomats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook (2 if mini) - -embellished
2 slide mounts -- embellished
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
1 ATC
4 inchies
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
1 Border - 12x2 inches and able to be cut down to 11 inches in length - 2 layers and embellished.

You can mix and match -- 1 tag and box, 1 photomat and box, 1 tag and 2 squares or shapes, etc.

******Please let me know if you have an idea not listed! We are open to new things.

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Groups 6 Make a 4 inch letter, matted, and embellished at least once. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative. You are making the first letter of the word only. An example is: You chose Winter. You will make a 4 inch W and when everyone gets it back they can add "inter" to it anyway they want or just use the "W" on their page to represent Winter.

Groups 1-5 Make your letter(s) 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative and use colors that represent the character.

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS (the bag MUST close) with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this

DisneyIsTerrific
Stephanie Sadler
Group A

For Groups A-Y: Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not.

For Groups 1-6: Please put each letter for your group into it's own bag and then that bag into a QUART (or larger) bag (no smaller) and label as above.

Mailing:
* You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after October 22 [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation.
* I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large - $14.50.
* If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70 and the filled out DC form.
* Please include a label (can be the priority label completed with your info or a small address label) for me to use to return your items to you.
* DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

I hope you have lots of fun in this swap.

C. Love MAKE 3
2. Hearts and Kisses - LoveMy3Kiddos
4. I Love You - Icesk8abc
5. It Had to Be You - WDWMickey

D. Birthday - MAKE 5
1. Let’s Party - PirateTink
2. Make a Wish - 123SA
3. Ready, Set, Blow - LoveMy3Kiddos
4. Happy Birthday - AlexWyattMommy
5. The Cake - MyCutiePatooties

D2. Birthday MAKE 5
1. Let's Party - Icesk8abc
2. Make a Wish - WDWMickey
3. Ready, Set, Blow - Mickster
4. Happy Birthday - LoveMy3Kiddos
5. The Cake - DisneyBarlans

E. Kids MAKE 4
1. Look at Me! - DisneyIsTerrific
2. Helping Hands - LoveMy3Kiddos
3. All About Me - MyCutiePatooties
4. Mommy & Me - AlexWyattMommy

F. Misc. MAKE 5
1. Game Night - 123SA
2. Cut and Paste - MyCutiePatooties
3. Imagination - DisneyIsTerrific
4. Movie Time - LoveMy3Kiddos
5. Our Little Artist - AlexWyattMommy

G. Vacation MAKE 4
1. Vacation - adtillma1
3. Tourist Trap - WDWMickey
4. Road Trip - PrincessJayne
5. Bon Voyage - ArizonaRita

H. Vacation Sights MAKE 5
1. Aquarium - Mazda
2. Landmarks - WDWMickey
3. Museum - PirateTink
4. Zoo - LoveMy3Kiddos
5. The Sights - ArizonaRita

J. Cooking MAKE 5
1. In the Kitchen - PirateTink
2. Got Cookies? - DisneyIsTerrific
3. Make Mine Chocolate - Mazda
4. Finger Lickin’ Good - PrincessJayne
5. Let’s Eat - adtillma1

K. Girls MAKE 4
1. Isn’t She Lovely - WDWMickey
2. Little Lady - LoveMy3Kiddos
4. 100% Girl - 123SA
5. My Girl - MyCutiePatooties

L. Boys MAKE 5
1. A Boy Is… - Mazda
2. 100% Boy - 123SA
3. Our Little Man - LoveMy3Kiddos
4. So Handsome - DisneyIsTerrific
5. My Boy - DisneyBarlans

M. Friends MAKE 5
1. Friends Forever - LoveMy3Kiddos
2. Best Buds - PrincessJayne
3. Circle of Friends - Icesk8abc
4. You & Me - PirateTink
5. Got Friends? - 123SA

N. Camera MAKE 5
1. Say Cheese! - DisneyIsTerrific
2. What a Ham! - 123SA
3. Picture Perfect - LoveMy3Kiddos
4. Kodak Moment - Icesk8abc
5. Strike a Pose - WDWMickey

O. Cats MAKE 3
1. Cool Cats - AlexWyattMommy
3. Love That Cat - PrincessJayne
5. Purr-fectly Sweet - DisneyIsTerrific

P. Dogs MAKE 5
1. Bad to the Bone - LoveMy3Kiddos
2. Dog Gone Cute - MyCutiePatooties
3. Fur-rocious Fun - DisneyIsTerrific
4. It’s a Dog’s Life - WDWMickey
5. Fur-ever Friends - WDWMickey

Q. Zoo - MAKE 5
1. In the Jungle - DisneyIsTerrific
2. A Zoo-rific Day - 123SA
3. This Place is a Zoo - PrincessJayne
4. Don’t Feed the Animals - AlexWyattMommy
5. Zoo Crew - LoveMy3Kiddos

Q2. Zoo MAKE 3
1. In the Jungle - PirateTink
2. Monkey Business - LoveMy3Kiddos
3. In the Wild - DisneyIsTerrific

R. Garden/Yard MAKE 4
1. Every Birdie Welcome - DisneyIsTerrific
2. A Thing of Beauty - WDWMickey
4. Flowers - LoveMy3Kiddos
5. Butterflies - 123SA

S. Kids Part 2 MAKE 4
1. You Did It! - AlexWyattMommy
2. Super Star - LoveMy3Kiddos
4. Busy as a Bee - DisneyIsTerrific
5. Cute as a Bug - 123SA

T. Play MAKE 5
1. Play is Hard Work - LoveMy3Kiddos
2. I Love to Play - 123SA
3. My Toys - PirateTink
4. I Can Read - MyCutiePatooties
5. Storytime - AlexWyattMommy

U. School - MAKE 5
1. Back to School - PirateTink
2. Making the Grade - WDWMickey
3. Reading Rocks! - 123SA
4. School is Cool - MyCutiePatooties
5. Lookin’ Smart - Mazda

W. Teens MAKE 3
1. So Cool - WDWMickey
3. Hangin’ Out - DisneyIsTerrific
5. This Rocks! - Mazda

2-inch letters

1. Boys MAKE 4
1. B - 123SA
2. O - LoveMy3Kiddos
3. Y - PirateTink
4. S - StitchIsOurHero

1b. Boys MAKE 4
1. B - DisneyBarlans
2. O - LoveMy3Kiddos
3. Y - DisneyIsTerrific
4. S - 123SA

2. Girls MAKE 5
1. G - 123SA
2. I - LoveMy3Kiddos
3. R - PirateTink
4. L - StitchIsOurHero
5. S - MyCutiePatooties - Necklace

2b. Girls MAKE 4
1. G - DisneyBarlans
2. I - LoveMy3Kiddos
3. R - DisneyIsTerrific
4. L - 123SA
5. S - DisneyIsTerrific

3. Home MAKE 4
1. H - PirateTink
2. O - Mickster
3. M - Icesk8abc
4. E - rlovew

4. Cats MAKE 2
1. C - DisneyIsTerrific
2. A - PrincessJayne
3. T - DisneyIsTerrific
4. S - PrincessJayne

5. Dogs MAKE 4
1. D - LoveMy3Kiddos
2. O -MyCutiePatooties dog collar
3. G - rlovew
4. S - Mickster - leash?

4 inch Letters

6. Seasons - MAKE 4
1. S - Spring - ArizonaRita
2. S - Summer - WDWMickey
3. F - Fall or A - Autumn - DisneyIsTerrific
4. W - Winter - LoveMy3Kiddos

6b. Seasons MAKE 4
1. S - Spring - LoveMy3Kiddos
2. S - Summer - Arizona Rita
3. F - Fall or A - Autumn - StitchIsOurHero
4. W - Winter - WDWMickey

6c. Seasons MAKE 4
1. S - Spring - StitchIsOurHero
2. S - Summer - DisneyBarlans
3. F - Fall or A - Autumn - LoveMy3Kiddos
4. W - Winter - ArizonaRita

6d. Seasons MAKE 4
1. S - Spring - 123SA
2. S - Summer - LoveMy3Kiddos
3. F - Fall or A-Autumn - ArizonaRita
4. W - Winter - DisneyIsTerrific

Required check-ins will be:
July 31 (verify groups and pm info to me)
August 20
September 24
October 15
October 29 - mail by date
Due to me by November 5

:woohoo: Mailed to Me
:yay: Received by Me
:cheer2: Mailed to You
:banana: Received by You

SWAPPERS & THEIR GROUPS:
:banana: 123SA: D, F, K, L, M, N, Q, R, S, T, U, 1, 1b, 2, 2b, 6d
:banana: adtillma1: G, J
:banana: AlexWyattMommy: D, E, F, O, Q, S, T
:cheer2: ArizonaRita: G, H, 6, 6b, 6c, 6d
:cheer2: DisneyBarlans: D2, L, 1b, 2b, 6c
:banana: DisneyIsTerrific: E, F, J, L, N, O, P, Q, Q2, R, S, W, 1b, 2b, 2b, 4, 6, 6d
:cheer2: Icesk8abc: C, D2, M, N, 3
:banana: LoveMy3Kiddos: C, D, D2, E, F, H, K, L, M, N, P, Q, Q2, R, S, T, 1, 1b, 2, 2b, 5, 6, 6b, 6c, 6d
:banana: MazdaUK: H, J, L, U, W
:banana: Mickster: D2, 3, 5
:banana: MyCutiePatooties: D, E, F, K, P, T, U, 2, 5
:banana: PirateTink: D, H, J, M, Q2, T, U, 1, 2, 3
:banana: PrincessJayne: G, J, M, O, Q, 4
:banana: rlovew: 3, 5
:banana: StitchIsOurHero: 1, 2, 6b, 6c
:banana: WDWMickey: C, D2, G, H, K, N, P, P, R, U, W, 6, 6b

SLIDESHOWS:
Groups 1-6d:

Groups C-W:

It is going to take a while to sift through the list. Lots of great ideas.

I would prefer a later date myself, but I'm kinda greedy that way. :)

Either October date would work fine for me.
I already knew from last year's swap that I'd want to join nearly everything no matter how the groups were set up. My favorite "new" group - Cooking! Maybe because dh & I are foodies, but I have lots of pics that would fit in that category. So I think a mix of some general titles & some more specific titles within a category would be great.

Looking foward to it!

I'm interested in this one, as long as the beginning of school isn't too nutty. For that reason, I like the later due date (I could work on them on fall break), but that's just me.

I like the groups--specific or general would work for me.

Do you know what time sign-ups will be? I'll be back at work (boo) so I need to know if I need to get a buddy! :thumbsup2

Im in, at least for Halloween and Christmas groups.
Im thinking later Oct for me would be good, but will work around anything.

Any date will work fine...but of course the later, the easier!! :thumbsup2

Can you do a 2" letter set for Halloween? And, for the 4", you could do the major holidays...C(hristmas), H(alloween), E(aster), T(hanksgiving), etc. You could even add in some smaller holidays like New Year's, July 4th, Valentine's Day and St. Patty's. And, what about either elements and/or letters for Spring, Fall, Summer and Winter in general? I'm sorry to hijack...just brainstorming and thinking out loud. It is such a non-specific swap that it is super easy to come up with options!!!

Any date will work fine...but of course the later, the easier!! :thumbsup2

Can you do a 2" letter set for Halloween? And, for the 4", you could do the major holidays...C(hristmas), H(alloween), E(aster), T(hanksgiving), etc. You could even add in some smaller holidays like New Year's, July 4th, Valentine's Day and St. Patty's. And, what about either elements and/or letters for Spring, Fall, Summer and Winter in general? I'm sorry to hijack...just brainstorming and thinking out loud. It is such a non-specific swap that it is super easy to come up with options!!!

These are great ideas! I do have the holidays swap in the fall and I could have those groups in that swap if they don't fit here.

Stephanie - -these are great topics! Later is better for me, but overall I really to need to evaluate what kind of time I expect to have.

One more question...when we choose a spot, do we have to stick exactly to the title? For instance, under Christmas "I believe in Santa"...can we do just "I believe"?

Another category thought - milestones? Like 1st step, 1st tooth in / out, 1st bath, 1st bike ride (doesn't sound right, but you get it), 1st haircut?? I must need something to do tonight or I am having a creative push...one or the other!!! :rotfl2:

Oooh- I :lovestruc these ideas. I would definately sign up for a few--teens, cropping, camera, vacation, girls, dogs. Any time in October works for me.:goodvibes

later would be good for me - then I can pick my groups depending on what I sue from the last swap for my vacation pictures:rotfl: But that might mean pushig sign-ups back too far for the rest of you - our schools still have 2 weeks before they even break up for summer.

whatever, don't let me sign up for more than 6 groups:rolleyes1

I'm going to move the due date to November 5. That way if you finish in October you can go ahead and send it in, or you can take more time and send in November. I will leave the sign-up date as is. This will just be a long swap!

I will open sign-ups in the morning on the 23rd around 8 a.m.

Thank you for your ideas for the groups. I will be making some updates to the list I have posted.

And, no, the titles don't have to stay exactly like I have them, but they need to stay true to the topic. The example given for shortening was "I Believe in Santa" being shortened to "I Believe." That's fine. But, I wouldn't want this title shortened to just "Santa."

Please continue with any suggestions you may have. Thanks!:flower3:

I had forgotten that Susan was going to be hostessing a Holiday Swap this fall. I've talked to her and she's fine with the holiday groups in this swap, but I've decided to take them out. We've got plenty of other topics to play with and we can do the holidays in a few months when Susan has her swap!:goodvibes

Wow-so many great groups to choose from. I'm in-but just for a few groups of altered letters probably. Gotta cut down on my swapping-fall is really crazy around here. Glad you decided on the November due date-I don't think I could swing it if it was due in October.

Okay, thanks. I'll probably sit this one out. I love the looks of it, and will be kicking myself for not joining, but I want to get crackin' on my books!

I totally understand, but we'll miss you! I need to get busy on my books too! I wonder why I'm so far behind on them?:confused3:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter