Everyone getting ready for SW

luvmylittleboy2003

DIS Veteran
to open their dates today :banana:, I hope they don't change the open date again...I'm so excited to get this part of our trip finished and see the final flight time/cost instead of guessing. :thumbsup2

I am waiting today to book my flight in August and also to check in for my flight for SATURDAY!! Double the fun for me today!:surfweb:

I'm waiting too!!!!! Last night I was going to stay up until midnight for them to be released then about 11pm last night I saw someone posted here that they usually don't come out until 11am-ish so I went on to bed:laughing:

I am hoping for some good rates since I have almost $400 in credits to use and I am hoping to pay for at least one way with that for the 4 of us.

Good Luck to everyone waiting with me!:wizard:

I know the "word" is that today's the day for SW to extend their available flight schedule but are they also going to offer a new sale? I'm going in 8/08 and am having trouble finding affordable flights. Is the "word" that the new sales, which includes August, will start today? Thank you!

I know the "word" is that today's the day for SW to extend their available flight schedule but are they also going to offer a new sale? I'm going in 8/08 and am having trouble finding affordable flights. Is the "word" that the new sales, which includes August, will start today? Thank you!

It seems to me that when SW releases a new schedule, the prices are quite high initially. I don't remember any sales beginning on the day a new schedule is opened. We're hoping to go west the end of August. I want to see the flight times.

Usually what happens on this board after a release is everyone being disappointed at the fares, and lots of posts about that. ;)

I waiting too. I heard the best fares are on release day then they go up after that. I guess we will have to wait and see. I don't want to risk waiting on a ding. I am so hoping to book today.

I'm waiting. :surfweb:

I hope they open on time (around 11:00 EST) because we won't be home in the afternoon. I am anxious to see what the fares will be. If fares are on the high side today, it's uncertain whether they'll come down with the ever increasing cost of fuel.

SW recently (within the past week or so) raised some of their prices, and I'm wondering if there will be another price hike today or if the fares will be the same as the recent price hike. :confused3

We'll have to wait and see, and hope for the best. Good luck, everyone!

Quick question--do we get a Ding when the schedule is extended? If so, I can turn up the volume on our computer so we can hear the Ding.

I'm waiting. :surfweb:

I hope they open on time (around 11:00 EST) because we won't be home in the afternoon. I am anxious to see what the fares will be. If fares are on the high side today, it's uncertain whether they'll come down with the ever increasing cost of fuel.

SW recently (within the past week or so) raised some of their prices, and I'm wondering if there will be another price hike today or if the fares will be the same as the recent price hike. :confused3

We'll have to wait and see, and hope for the best. Good luck, everyone!

A sale just ended yesterday and the fares are up today. I booked a trip to Orlando yesterday (a family trip, not WDW, boo hoo) for May and paid $84 each way. This morning, it's $105 each way. I'm worried about the prices and fuel costs, too. Plus, SW just cut flights, but not by much, out of Cleveland. We used to have 2 NS to MCO and now we just have 1.

I'm waiting as well,

I feel like the people that were waiting for free dining, checking everday, every hour and then post what they got...

I love it....

The past two trips that I booked on release day, the fares were high, $129 one way from PHL. I booked, since it was the best deal around anyway. Within two weeks, the fares went down to $79, not with a Ding!, just a sale. Perhaps so many people were outraged at the high fare that they were booking with AirTran. :confused3

I really hope they aren't much more than $130 from Manchester NH for Sept. I have $200 worth of gift cards but still hoping for the cheapest flights possible.

I'm stuck at work so probably won't be able to check until later tonight, maybe lunchtime, because once people start logging into our system when we open in an hour, the web crashes lol.

I'm waiting too. So excited that today is the day I can book our flights for Sept.! :cheer2: I'm also nervous about the price will be . In the past I could get flights from Manchester to Orlando for $49 or $59. That's unheard of now. I would be thrilled if I could get $99 each way, but I'm not counting on it.

So what time do you think will they open the schedule???

Subscribing and waiting as well. Could some post it here when they schedule finally does open? Thanks.

I used to wait for sale fares, but was advised on these boards not to anymore if you're traveling during the busy seasons (summer, holidays). I booked our June flight the moment the fares were released, and they have never gone lower...only up. I am so glad I booked when I did this time. So...unless the fares are ridulous, I will be booking today for our quick Labor day weekend trip. At least with Southwest, you can always get a credit for a future flight should the rates go down. With fuel prices and all of the troubles at the airlines, I'm not taking any chances!

A sale just ended yesterday and the fares are up today. I booked a trip to Orlando yesterday (a family trip, not WDW, boo hoo) for May and paid $84 each way. This morning, it's $105 each way. I'm worried about the prices and fuel costs, too. Plus, SW just cut flights, but not by much, out of Cleveland. We used to have 2 NS to MCO and now we just have 1.

hi - we are from the cleveland area also!!!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter