EVERYONE Please Read .......

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
Hi Everyone
My name is Kayla and i am one of the new Moderators here

I don't know how much if any of the new stuff any of you have followed but here is a quick rundown.....

There have been some Moderator changes here on the DIS and there will be some Board reshuffling

Here is how it effects you
First you lucky ducks get Me MeanLaureen and JuithM as your Moderators ( at least I hope you think that is Lucky)
second this board and the Cooking crafting scrapbooking boards are gonna meet to make one awesome new board :flower:
and since Flower, Garden , Cooking , Crafting and Scrapbooking is way to long of a name we are looking to come up with something new

over on the cooking board MeanLaureen has started a poll for your input as well as everyone who hangs out there

so Please YOUR guys Opinions count so go on over there and VOTE :teeth:
and incase you didn't hear the Tag Fairy has been seen floating around there and from all the insider info we have will be back to visit once we combine the boards apparetnly MeanLaureen has some Dirt on he she it they and the Tag Fairy doesn't want her to share it :rotfl:

any questions PLEASE speak up and ask Either here or on the poll or send us a PM

We want this new happy home to work for everyone :flower: :daisy: :flower1: :flower2: :rose:

I'd like the gardening board to remain separate. When I click on the gardening board, that's where I want to go. It can be an offshoot of some other board, but I don't want to see them all mingled together.

amid chaos said:
I'd like the gardening board to remain separate. When I click on the gardening board, that's where I want to go. It can be an offshoot of some other board, but I don't want to see them all mingled together.

That is what we are working out
the poll seems to be heading toward one main community type board NOT THE MAIN CB ALREADY HERE but a CB for the people who want to share with the friends here and on the cooking crafting board and Off that main board would be a gardening board and cooking board a scrap booking board ETC ....

many have raised questions in the poll thread and Meanlaureen has been trying to answer them you may want to check it out :goodvibes

kaylajr said:
T ....many have raised questions in the poll thread and Meanlaureen has been trying to answer them you may want to check it out :goodvibes
I can't find this poll thread. Could a link please be provided. Thanks.

I'll say it's heated! Who would have thought that a little housecleaning would have stirred up so much dusty animosity???

I am not into sewing or scrapbooking etc... so I would vote to keep the gardening board separate from the other aforementioned interests. It would get lost in the shuffle and feel too much like a Martha Stewart magazine gone cyber.

Not that my vote counts much because I have not been hanging out here much recently... but there it is ... for what it is worth.

Just stopping by to wish you well, Kayla, congratulations. :wave: No votes here, I save mine for Chicago, LOL. :teeth:

And nice to see you again, Dbl D!! :goodvibes :wave2:

Well, I missed the voting deadline but it would have made no difference in the grand scheme of things. As Amid said, as long as F/G board is separate, that's fine with me... not that I'm here much anymore anyway :guilty:

I guess Snowwark is officially and definitely gone from the garden. Missing her and the rest of you guys alot. I pop in occasionally but really basically never ever post anymore. My gardens were a bust this year and I truly believe it is partly because of my absence from this board. I used to get so much enthusiasm and encouragement and ideas from reading what you guys were into and it was also fun posting my feeble attempts at trying to beautify my yard. Hopefully I'll return renewed and with fresh vigor next spring -- perhaps the reorganization will be over and accepted by then.

DixieDee, nice to see your post and, of course it counts!

Why, after reading that poll thread, do I feel so melancholy?

Oh, and thank you and welcome to the new Moderators. I hope your job will be a lot more enjoyable once things get settled into the new format.

Tulirose said:
I guess Snowwark is officially and definitely gone from the garden. Missing her and the rest of you guys alot. .

What happened to Snowwark? I was wondering what happened to her as I don't see all of her pretty pictures.

Just got back from a Wonder-ful cruise and Grand Floridian lap of luxury week and what to my wondering eyes does appear the board shuffle dance!:eek:

amid chaos said:
I'd like the gardening board to remain separate. When I click on the gardening board, that's where I want to go.
Dittos. My vote doesn't count but I'll say my peace.
If it ain't broke don't fix it :badpc:
Comingling posts like the CB will mean wading through lots of off topic (whatever cat) posts that (sorry) I don't find interesting. :rolleyes: That's why I never go over to the CB. We stay on topic here. Too bad we had a good thing going here for the past few years. Really enjoyed sharing with the F&G board buds and their gardens. Maybe it's time to load up the Bud van and find a :flower: garden friendly spot to dig in:wave:

Deb - welcome back to what is still presently just the F/G board. Hope you saw many beautiful flowers, plants and trees at CC and at the GF!!!

The voting was over last week and nothing has been done. Perhaps we will be left alone.
Makes me sad that I have not been participating here as much as I had in the past. Trying to rectify that now while we still are on our own.

maybe if we are quiet when we talk among ourselves, the powers-that-be will overlook us and forget about joining us with others -- not that they are bad people, of course. It's just that I was never really good in a crowd.

Tulirose said:
maybe if we are quiet when we talk among ourselves, the powers-that-be will overlook us and forget about joining us with others -- not that they are bad people, of course. It's just that I was never really good in a crowd.

Maybe they think it's time to divide & transplant us.
3.gif
I hope it's a sunny well watered spot with a view :sunny:

I have tons of pics of beautiful flowers and gardens. Epcot was really blooming. It'll be awhile, just got back last night :cloud9:

DebºoºS said:
Maybe they think it's time to divide & transplant us.
3.gif
I hope it's a sunny well watered spot with a view :sunny:
I SECOND THAT FOR SURE!!!! :rotfl:
I'll keep an eye out for your gorgeous photos.

Really enjoyed sharing with the F&G board buds and their gardens. Maybe it's time to load up the Bud van and find a garden friendly spot to dig in

I second that, deb! let's start up in Canada and pick Kim up.

Sorry Guys I should have came back with an update for you all

Eventually we will probably have to put the boards together
but after the many upset people last week we are slowing things down for now

Let me tell you though IF and When we do put the boards together their will still
be a place for you all to talk about flowers and gardens :flower: :flower:

for now though have you seen the new sticky at the top of the page??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter