• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Sorry if I missed it, but is ROTR still starting before official early entry begins? Most were reporting that ROTR was starting 30 mins before early entry. With Disney changing early entry to an hour for Christmas weeks, is that still the case?

Thanks
This can change daily, especially right now as the parks are extremely busy. It's best to arrive as early as possible if you wish to ride RotR during ETPE. How early this ride starts can also depend on if it is ready early or not.

Do guests arriving by bus/skyliner still have an advantage over guests driving and parking? Or is it possible to drive and still be one of the first to arrive (other than MK)?

We were the very first bus to AK at 6:08 from OKW- got there around 6:30 on Monday. They were already parking people. We were in the tapstile line at we were against the ticket building. It took us the full hour to ride FOP but the line did move pretty much the whole time. They took a few minutes to set up the line and put the first rush into it if they makes sense. They didn’t let people into the actual queue until about 7:07. Not sure if that’s typical. I’d say we were in the first third of the line, but definitely not at the front.
We were on the first bus to MK yesterday at 6:58- there around 7:20 and were much further up in the crowd.

Hi. I know WDW was allowing resort guests an hour early entry during the holidays. We are starting our vacation tomorrow and were wondering if this is still the case or have they gone back to just 30 minutes early entry? Thanks for your help.

Hi, I will be at WDW with my 2 daughters this coming weekend 1/8-9. We are staying at boardwalk and although we are Disney veterans we have never rope dropped before. Current plan is to do our genie+ selections in our room at 7am and then head to bus to MK (7:20-30?). Hoping to get a ride or two in before CRT breakfast at 9:10. On Sunday we plan to rope drop HS, should we take boat or sky liner from Boardwalk? I know it’s marathon weekend too so wondering if we need to factor that into our plans. Thanks for any tips in advance!

Hi, I will be at WDW with my 2 daughters this coming weekend 1/8-9. We are staying at boardwalk and although we are Disney veterans we have never rope dropped before. Current plan is to do our genie+ selections in our room at 7am and then head to bus to MK (7:20-30?). Hoping to get a ride or two in before CRT breakfast at 9:10. On Sunday we plan to rope drop HS, should we take boat or sky liner from Boardwalk? I know it’s marathon weekend too so wondering if we need to factor that into our plans. Thanks for any tips in advance!
To take the Skyliner from Boardwalk, you have to walk to the Epcot station, take it to the end of the line, and then switch to the DHS line. It will take a very long time to do that. It’s faster to walk. It’s really not terribly far. I don’t know what time the boats have been running. Check first post for Crescent Lake boats.

I too would walk from BW to DHS, especially if you're staying at BWV - from the Villas you have to backtrack to get to the boat dock or the Skyliner station, and if you're willing to take the stairs down, some exits at BWV actually take you onto the walkway halfway to DHS already. If you're staying at the BW Inn, the boat dock is not as much out of your way, but the Skyliner is. The boats do start running early enough for ETPE.

Can you walk through the ETPE procedure for each park? For example, DHS you walk to the left and look for the sign and get in that lane, then get to the tunnel at Galaxy's Edge. What is the best way or is it obvious because every person will be headed that way? What about the other parks, like Animal Kingdom? Is there also a special line?

Can you walk through the ETPE procedure for each park? For example, DHS you walk to the left and look for the sign and get in that lane, then get to the tunnel at Galaxy's Edge. What is the best way or is it obvious because every person will be headed that way? What about the other parks, like Animal Kingdom? Is there also a special line?

You have your magic band (or whatever you're using for park entry I assume but i use a magic band) scanned prior to arriving at the tapstiles.
Only one person per room needs to do this.
After you get into the park you head in whatever direction you want.

Thanks, but how to you know where the correct ETPE line is? Is it always to the far left at every park and clearly marked with a cast member also standing there as in DHS? All the pictures I see show a sea of people the entire width of the AK entry gates with no clear indication of a separate line for ETPE. DHS and AK did not have the new parks last time we were there, so I am not familiar with the correct route to get to RoTR and FoP. I assume there are cast members holding signs with an arrow to point the way as well?

Thanks, but how to you know where the correct ETPE line is? Is it always to the far left at every park and clearly marked with a cast member also standing there as in DHS? All the pictures I see show a sea of people the entire width of the AK entry gates with no clear indication of a separate line for ETPE. DHS and AK did not have the new parks last time we were there, so I am not familiar with the correct route to get to RoTR and FoP. I assume there are cast members holding signs with an arrow to point the way as well?
At DHS, there are CMs holding signs directing people to the correct attraction. These are in all different directions at DHS after you have scanned your family for early entry. At AK, once you enter, head to the left for early entry scanning. FOP will be to the left at the Tree of Life.

I found aerial photo maps here that have a colored overlay that shows rope drop paths for each park. Great!

Hello Everyone,

We are looking forward to our upcoming trip! We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We plan on taking advantage of the extra 1/2 hour of park time in the morning. We'll likely take the bus to the MK & drive to AK, Epcot & DHS. Am I correct that parking lots open an hour early? If yes, is that based off of the official park opening time(9:00AM) or will it be an based on the opening time for Resort Guest (8:30AM)?

Hello Everyone,

We are looking forward to our upcoming trip! We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We plan on taking advantage of the extra 1/2 hour of park time in the morning. We'll likely take the bus to the MK & drive to AK, Epcot & DHS. Am I correct that parking lots open an hour early? If yes, is that based off of the official park opening time(9:00AM) or will it be an based on the opening time for Resort Guest (8:30AM)?
Your post has been merged with the 'Everything Early Theme Park Entry' thread. Post 1 will answer your questions and more.

Never done it before, but staying at Boardwalk on upcoming trip and am interested in rope dropping EPCOT.

I can do that thru the international gateway entrance, right? Any tips?

Yes, you can enter through the IG. No problem. It used to be pretty easy, but the Skyliner resorts have made it busier, so get there early!
Agree with this. Take advantage of early entry! On 1/2, we walked over from BCV and arrived 20 minutes before early entry and were way back by the Skyliner station. But the crowds lining up behind us were even longer. I would say, depending on the dates, plan on arrive at least 30-45 minutes before early entry to be ahead of the early entry crowds.

On 1/2/22 from Riveria to DHS we jumped on the skyliner about 50 minutes before early entry and ended up 6th in line at the tapstile furthest to the right. All of the tapstiles were being used to check people in vs cast members with scanners. We did not notice anyone directing traffic and felt the park was pretty much wide open once you tapped in. We briskly walked right into the ROTR que and ended up with the first group loaded into the pre show. They did not hold us at the GE entrance. The ride did not start running until about 10 minutes past the start of the early entry, but we did get to ride TSM, MMRR and then jumped in line for MFSR right before they started letting lightning lane in. We were fortunate to have the 1 hour early entry as it makes a huge difference. Hope Disney eventually does that for all the parks all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter