Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

So if I understand correctly if you have a ticket with a park hopper pass you have to first make a reservation to a park. Then after 2:00 pm if a different park you want to visit is not at capacity all you need to do is get on the bus and hop over to that park with no reservation. I only ask because I read somewhere one reservation to one park per day. Thanks!
Yes, you only need a reservation for your first park but you also must tap into the park you have a reservation for in order to hop. If you just go to another park you will not be granted admittance.

So if I understand correctly if you have a ticket with a park hopper pass you have to first make a reservation to a park. Then after 2:00 pm if a different park you want to visit is not at capacity all you need to do is get on the bus and hop over to that park with no reservation. I only ask because I read somewhere one reservation to one park per day. Thanks!

Yes, that's correct.

I know you can't park hop until 2pm. We are coming to FL and were only planning on going to Epcot (Flower and Garden Show), no other park days. However, I'm wondering about getting a park hopper and doing AK in the morning, then hopping over to Epcot in the afternoon. However, I know that if the 2nd park is full, you can't hop. Anyone have any feeling about the ability to hop to Epcot on a Tuesday or Wednesday (4/13 or 4/14) afternoon? Touring Plans is saying the crowd level at Epcot will be a 2 of 10. I know it'll probably work, but DH would be mighty distressed if it doesn't; he REALLY wants to do those food booths!

Why not do epcot and hop to ak? If the food booths are the main draw not picking it as your park pass seems like a waste.

Why not do epcot and hop to ak? If the food booths are the main draw not picking it as your park pass seems like a waste.

Park hours. Epcot doesn't open until 11am, and AK closes earlier than Epcot. We can maximize our park hours by doing AK first. Besides, we love Epcot at night (although not sure when sunset will be in April...)

Park hours. Epcot doesn't open until 11am, and AK closes earlier than Epcot. We can maximize our park hours by doing AK first. Besides, we love Epcot at night (although not sure when sunset will be in April...)
I suppose but for me leaving such an important thing to chance even if it's small or literally never happened gives me anxiety. Like other posts like this one, I do not believe any park has limited or shut down hoppers yet.

I know you can't park hop until 2pm. We are coming to FL and were only planning on going to Epcot (Flower and Garden Show), no other park days. However, I'm wondering about getting a park hopper and doing AK in the morning, then hopping over to Epcot in the afternoon. However, I know that if the 2nd park is full, you can't hop. Anyone have any feeling about the ability to hop to Epcot on a Tuesday or Wednesday (4/13 or 4/14) afternoon? Touring Plans is saying the crowd level at Epcot will be a 2 of 10. I know it'll probably work, but DH would be mighty distressed if it doesn't; he REALLY wants to do those food booths!
Merged you with the 'Everything Park Hopping' thread.

To date there has never been a day when park hopping was denied to any park including the past almost 2 weeks when all parks were at Park Reservation capacity.

if you want a park hopper does it have to be for every single day you have tickets for or can you get it for just 1 day if you wanted to split one day between two parks but every other day just visit one?

Merging this with the Park Hopper thread. Others have shared information but answer will also be in post 1 of that thread.

Can I buy a standard ticket to make my park reservations but upgrade to a hopper add on later if we decide we want to try hopping?

Hi
I haven't been able to grab a park reservation in June 8th at HS (resort guest)... but, can I still go there in the afternoon?

how the capacity is controlled for park hopping?

thanks,

Hi
I haven't been able to grab a park reservation in June 8th at HS (resort guest)... but, can I still go there in the afternoon?

thanks,
According to reports on the Here Now & Just Back thread, even on the busiest days of spring break, when all parks were sold out several days in a row, park hopping was still available. There still hasn't been a day they've restricted hopping, but that could change at any time, so I'd stay up to date on that thread because if it does happen, someone will post about it.

Though in my opinion, at this point in the vaccination deployment, I could see park capacity increase more before any restrictions are placed on hopping.

As long as you DO have a reservation somewhere else, and enter that park first, you should be able to hop. What you CANNOT do is go straight there at 2 pm without having entered another park.

Hi

thanks,
In order to park hop you must have a reservation for a park and have tapped into that park in order to hop to another park. If you have a park reservation for another park and tap in then yes, you may hop to DHS.

If you don’t have a park reservation for any park you are not eligible to go to any park that day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter