Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

NOTE:

We are all aware that misinformation is out there. The intent of this thread is to provide ACCURATE information.

Please do not post any other sources of information that contradicts Disney’s information even if it is from Plan Disney.

We want DISboards and this thread to be a reliable source of anccurate information to people who come here.

Moving forward, posts that share inaccurate information will be removed.

Let’s help our fellow DISboard members plan trips with helpful, accurate information, not what we know to be inaccurate. We’re here to help one another on, not hinder.

Out of curiosity, how do we know that information that Disney posts on its own website--Plan Disney--is, in fact, inaccurate? It seems that, in this instance, Disney has posted contradictory statements. How can we be sure which one is the accurate one? And do we run the risk of misleading readers if we don't inform them that Disney itself has not been consistent in answering this question?

I don't see a link to a definitive source in Post 1 for the information at issue. I have only found Plan Disney pages that say that. But I have also found Plan Disney pages that say the opposite, including one posted literally today.

Out of curiosity, how do we know that information that Disney posts on its own website--Plan Disney--is, in fact, inaccurate? It seems that, in this instance, Disney has posted contradictory statements. How can we be sure which one is the accurate one? And do we run the risk of misleading readers if we don't inform them that Disney itself has not been consistent in answering this question?

I don't see a link to a definitive source in Post 1 for the information at issue. I have only found Plan Disney pages that say that. But I have also found Plan Disney pages that say the opposite, including one posted literally today.
This is Disney’s information posted on their website. Nowhere does it say that a guest can be turned away if they have a park reservation and a valid ticket for entry.

IMG_5061.jpeg

What we also have is 3 1/2 years of Park Reservations history. Of those 3 1/2 years, parks have filled to capacity probably 200+ times, If we count by individual parks. There were times in the spring of 2021 when all 4 parks were full for park reservations for more than 2 solid months.

Not one single time was a guest turned away due to park capacity! 2023 is the 4th Christmas/NYE holiday season since park reservations began. Every year MK and Epcot (and sometimes DHS and AK) have filled to park reservations.

Again, not one single time has a guest been turned away due to a park reaching capacity and honestly, even park hopping has never been restricted for a single minute due to park capacity during the holiday season.

I ask people to put themselves in the shoes of people who are coming here looking for accurate information. Why during a time when someone is excitedly planning their trip, put unnecessary fear into them? Why tell them something that has never happened, could happen? Why not help them with their planning rather than hinder them? Please put yourself in their shoes and think of planning a vacation, possibly to somewhere you’ve never visited before.

If a guest with a park reservation had been turned away even once I would share that but it has never, ever happened! (2024 will be a brand new year once the majority of guests no longer require a park reservation but for 2023, let’s help people who are coming here read accurate information. Let’s not instill unnecessary fear!!

And honestly, a guest who can display their valid ticket and park reservation would have proof based of what Disney has published above to ensure entrance into a park.

Last edited:
I won't belabor the point, except to say that I am certainly not trying to hinder anyone in their park planning, but rather am trying to help gather information--both for myself and for others who have the same worry.

I have been to Disney a dozen times, and I am genuinely a bit concerned about this possibility, because (1) Disney has posted Q&As on Plan Disney that specifically say that this is indeed possible, in response to guests who are asking this very question with regard to the very days that I am going (though they have also posted Q&As that say the opposite); (2) I can't find anything on Disney's website besides the Plan Disney pages that specifically says that this is not a possibility; and (3) Disney's "Terms and Conditions for Theme Park Reservations" state, "Disney reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any park reservation, at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, changes in capacity or capacity limitations or park closure, without liability. Park admission is not guaranteed."

That said, I find it quite reassuring that this has never actually happened, and I very much appreciate your sharing the collective wisdom and experience of the DIS community in this regard. This is exactly why I come to these boards and why I appreciate them so much.

I would hope that others who share this concern will feel better informed as a result of this exchange than they were before reading it.

I see that park reservations are sold out for MK on NYE. Does that mean you risk not getting back in if you leave the park midday for a break? I know it used to be that way, but I was hoping that the reservation system would guarantee entrance 🤞

I see that park reservations are sold out for MK on NYE. Does that mean you risk not getting back in if you leave the park midday for a break? I know it used to be that way, but I was hoping that the reservation system would guarantee entrance 🤞

No as long as you have a park reservation you have access to that park all day, even if you leave for a break.

The people at risk would be hoppers with a different reserved park because hopping capacity at MK could theoretically be cut off.

There’s actually a number to call: 407-560-5000

The recording will say if any parks hit capacity.

You will be fine. Please read post 1 of this thread. Nobody with a park reservation has ever been turned away from a park even when reservations are full. Guests with a park reservation have always been able to enter the park they have the reservation for from park open to park close.
No as long as you have a park reservation you have access to that park all day, even if you leave for a break.

The people at risk would be hoppers with a different reserved park because hopping capacity at MK could theoretically be cut off.

There’s actually a number to call: 407-560-5000

The recording will say if any parks hit capacity.
Note, park hopping has only been stopped once and that was only to the MK for a few hours on its 50th anniversary. I would not anticipate park hopping being stopped. It could happen but historically it has not during the holiday season, even when all 4 parks were full for park reservations.

@scrappinginontario @Genie+ I did think all would be fine with the park reservations, but I get the DIS News and Updates email - todays heading was What we know so far about New Years. It then gives tips and mentions getting to the park early and not leaving 🤷‍♀️
Please read information given in the past 2 days of posts and do what is best for you because I will not belabour this point. No park has EVER closed to guests with a park reservation since park reservations were introduced.

Do what is best for your family.

@scrappinginontario I apologize, I’m not trying to be contrary 😊 I knew I could ask here and get current info.
I guess I was just explaining why I posed the question in the first place. Usually DIS News and Updates are current as well, but I trust the forums more.
Have a great day ✨
Thanks. I wasn't aware of the article so have contacted Admin to find out if they have additional information that has not been shared with others. I will update here if I hear anything more.

At this point it would be up to each family to decide if they wish to leave the park for a rest, ADR or, stay.

@scrappinginontario @Genie+ I did think all would be fine with the park reservations, but I get the DIS News and Updates email - todays heading was What we know so far about New Years. It then gives tips and mentions getting to the park early and not leaving 🤷‍♀️

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the article so have contacted Admin to find out if they have additional information that has not been shared with others. I will update here if I hear anything more.

At this point it would be up to each family to decide if they wish to leave the park for a rest, ADR or, stay.
Hey, everyone!

I need to apologize for the confusion regarding the information about theme parks reaching capacity that we had on our What We Know So Far About New Year's Eve page at wdwinfo.com. I've removed that section of the page – again, SO sorry about that!

If you guys ever see anything on the site that isn't accurate, please feel free to send an email to content@wdwinfo.com so we can get it corrected right away.

Thanks so much for your understanding!

~Jackie

We're heading down in early January & I'm trying to make park reservations. Our check out date is January 15th but when I tried to make a park reservation I'm not given the option of making one. We have APs but we're staying on site at Boulder Ridge. This is really frustrating & I'm not sure of a number to contact to get this corrected.

We're heading down in early January & I'm trying to make park reservations. Our check out date is January 15th but when I tried to make a park reservation I'm not given the option of making one. We have APs but we're staying on site at Boulder Ridge. This is really frustrating & I'm not sure of a number to contact to get this corrected.
I think Disney is having some IT issues right now, as people are also unable to make hotel reservations or log into their DVC accounts. I would give it a try a little later.

Disney is having some IT issues today, but I was able to just make some park reservations for February a few moments ago (I also have an AP and am staying onsite). Maybe try to clear your cookies or use an incognito browser? If that doesn't work, like PP suggested, I'd give it a few hours to see if it fixes itself when the other IT issues are resolved. If that doesn't work, try calling 1-800-848-6413.

Are you arriving after January 9th? Park reservations are no longer needed after that day for date-based tickets.

Disney is having some IT issues today, but I was able to just make some park reservations for February a few moments ago (I also have an AP and am staying onsite). Maybe try to clear your cookies or use an incognito browser? If that doesn't work, like PP suggested, I'd give it a few hours to see if it fixes itself when the other IT issues are resolved. If that doesn't work, try calling 1-800-848-6413.
So do I have egg on my face. I went back to the MDE app & realized my son's AP expires on the 14th so of course when I had everyone listed it wasn't allowing me to go forward to make a reservation!

Hi everyone! We are coming down next month and I had heard that park reservations were no longer required starting yesterday. Just wanted to verify that this was correct

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter