Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I sure hope so. My whole morning plan and ride plan is down the drain!
If possible, can you please share you experience of trying to join after your VQ return time expired? We're trying to track experiences where guests arrive at Tron after their return time has expired. Thanks!

We will have a DAS Pass in our group, but looking at efficient (ha) way to try to snag guardians. We are not staying at a Disney resort, so we won't be able to even attempt to snag Guardians til opening time.
Is there any chance that there would be any Guardian LLs left at that time?

We will have a DAS Pass in our group, but looking at efficient (ha) way to try to snag guardians. We are not staying at a Disney resort, so we won't be able to even attempt to snag Guardians til opening time.
Guardians Boarding Groups are open to everyone at 7 AM, including those staying offsite.

Be ready to book Guardians at EXACTLY 7 AM. Make sure you are someplace with a strong Internet connection.

When your Boarding Group is called, there are Cast Members at the entrance to Guardians who, with DAS, can convert your regular Boarding Group to a Lightning Lane.

Last edited:

Is it open to everyone at 7:00 am? I thought that was only for onsite guests, and offsite was at park opening?

ILL or VQ?

VQ is open to all at 7.

If it’s buying ILL, in this past month, there were 2 days it wasn’t still available at 9am when the park opened, but the times can be pretty late. Check out Thrill-Data to track. It seems busy times might not be possible, but if it’s a lighter time of year, you have a good chance though I’d buy right at 9. When will you be going?

Is it open to everyone at 7:00 am? I thought that was only for onsite guests, and offsite was at park opening?

The virtual queue is open to everyone. If you want to pay for an ILL then you would have to wait until park opening.

Guardians is only Virtual Queue or purchased ILL$.

As an offsite guest you can book a VQ at 7AM or purchase ILL$ at park opening -if still available.

As a guest with a DAS you must have either a VQ or ILL$ to ride.

Can someone clarify how to select who will be in your boarding group prior to the 7am VQ drop? This morning when I tried to join it said nobody was eligible to book. Do I have to set up the boarding group at 6am?

Can someone clarify how to select who will be in your boarding group prior to the 7am VQ drop? This morning when I tried to join it said nobody was eligible to book. Do I have to set up the boarding group at 6am?

Make sure you are logged into MDE. When that happened to me the first time I tried, a cm told me to log out then back in. Then pick my boarding group up to an hour before.

I am definitely discouraged with how it is now that the virtual queues are available to everyone instead of those just booked at a certain park. I have never had a problem booking a virtual queue at Disney even in the hard to get ROTR opening time. But this trip we are staying at the yacht club and tried today both at 7 and 1 right on the time for guardians with the world clock and full bars and had no luck. I paid for the lightning lane at 7am because I knew my teenage girls wanted to ride, but it is extremely disappointing not to be able to have an opportunity to ride otherwise. I hate waiting in line but if this is going to continue, I’d rather wait in a line than have the pressure of not knowing if we’ll get to ride or not with the virtual queue selling out in a second. Now I still had no trouble getting tron for 12 people on the virtual queue yesterday morning.

I am definitely discouraged with how it is now that the virtual queues are available to everyone instead of those just booked at a certain park. I have never had a problem booking a virtual queue at Disney even in the hard to get ROTR opening time. But this trip we are staying at the yacht club and tried today both at 7 and 1 right on the time for guardians with the world clock and full bars and had no luck. I paid for the lightning lane at 7am because I knew my teenage girls wanted to ride, but it is extremely disappointing not to be able to have an opportunity to ride otherwise. I hate waiting in line but if this is going to continue, I’d rather wait in a line than have the pressure of not knowing if we’ll get to ride or not with the virtual queue selling out in a second. Now I still had no trouble getting tron for 12 people on the virtual queue yesterday morning.

Everyone is different but there is no way I'd wait in a 2-3 hour queue I don't think, but I totally agree I was caught off guard at how hard it was to get a GotG VQ when we were there on Monday. Last January, I had an issue with MDE at 7am so I wasn't shocked I didn't get a BG, but on Monday we had 3 shots at it (7am, 1pm, 6pm) and thank goodness I got one at 1pm (BG was called around 8pm). I guess I was oblivious that we might not get to ride twice (we bought ILL$) but now I realize that we were really lucky. I would have been so bummed.

Thanks for the great information in this post. I'll be going to Disney in September for the first time since VQ and LL were implemented, so I'm reading through as much info as I can to prepare so I don't miss any of the newer rides. The info here is so helpful in learning about the new system!

My daughter and a friend are headed to WDW. Neither have ever ridden Tron. Looking for clarification. Can they only get one VQ per day, at either 7:00 or 1:00, not both times? What about during Extended Hours? If they were lucky eboard to get one earlier in the day, can they get a second at 6:00? Thank you!

You can only have one/day but you CAN do the EEH queue in addition. We rode GotG 3x one day by using ILL, VQ, and VQ in the evening. We did Tron using both VQ options (got one at 7am and as well for the EEH).

Disney is forcing people to pay the extra for LL or wait in long lines. I really feel sorry for the large familes who did not buget for this.

Gotta give Disney credit for making people wax poetic about the covid era park reservation system being better. It is simply baffling that they are allowing literally every ticket holder to sign up for the 7am VQ. You should have to have a park reservation to get that VQ. If you ever have imposter syndrome, just remind yourself that someone is paid millions of dollars to come up with this ridiculous system. They need to have multiple smaller VQ drops throughout the day open to only those guests in the actual park, especially for those of us who actually like to sleep in on vacation and not show up until 11-12. I would suggest VQ drops every 3 hours (7, 10, 1, 4,7).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter