Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow- this board is amazing! thank you for your wealth of information! :) now... to figure out how to link my old paper tickets to the new system before the 60 day mark so I can book fast passes! do you know if there is a direct way to do this? a number to call? on the disney website it says to do this at guest relations but I want to link on the MDE so I can manage the tickets ahead of time and not waste time on first day at parks doing this! hoping I can find a way to do this ahead of the 60 days! (if I need to post somewhere else for this info I can do that too) thanks!

It's on the app under My Profile.

hmmmm.... thats just a link to the mobile app, I'm trying to find out how to convert my old paper tickets to the current ones before I arrive to Disney...
If the tickets were purchased before 2007, call 407-939-6204 for assistance with linking them to your profile. If purchased between 2007 and 2010, you need to use the MDE website to link them (according to the app).

Thank you I have entered my reservation into MDE and it will let me customise magic bands so I'm all set now.

I had NO problem linking them to my profile online- that was easier than I thought! two of my kids were under 9 when we went last time and now they are 11 and 12. it allowed me to link them to the child tickets- will they be able to use them in the parks without problem even though they are over 9?

I had NO problem linking them to my profile online- that was easier than I thought! two of my kids were under 9 when we went last time and now they are 11 and 12. it allowed me to link them to the child tickets- will they be able to use them in the parks without problem even though they are over 9?

that's more a ticket question and I'm not really sure.

In order to get free MagicBands for your friends, you would need to add them to your room reservation before you can order the bands.

As for removing them from your account, depends on how you add them:
If YOU manage their profiles, NO you can't easily remove them.
If they are connected friends (have their OWN MDE account), you can remove them with no issues.

I have a similar issue with friends. We are staying off site b/c I have enough free hotel points. I booked a throw away night at fort wilderness to get bands and 60 fast passes. Our friends are staying at Swan and Dolphin. They won't get magic bands for staying there from everything we've read and been told. We've already have each other as connected friends. Since there is only 5 of us on my reservation and each reservation can have up to 10 I can technically add them to mine to get the bands. What I'm not sure about is what it would do if they are on two reservations for that same night. Does it really matter? I went through the process of editing my reservation with their names and everything, I just didn't finalize them worried it would mess something up.

I have a similar issue with friends. We are staying off site b/c I have enough free hotel points. I booked a throw away night at fort wilderness to get bands and 60 fast passes. Our friends are staying at Swan and Dolphin. They won't get magic bands for staying there from everything we've read and been told. We've already have each other as connected friends. Since there is only 5 of us on my reservation and each reservation can have up to 10 I can technically add them to mine to get the bands. What I'm not sure about is what it would do if they are on two reservations for that same night. Does it really matter? I went through the process of editing my reservation with their names and everything, I just didn't finalize them worried it would mess something up.

There is a throwaway room thread that might yield a specific answer from someone that has done it.

Can annual pass holders have a credit card linked to their band for charges if staying off property. Or is the charges only for those who are staying at a on property site.

I have about 15 magic bands (x2 people), the oldest from a few months after they started the program, so they're nearing end of battery life. We went last November but refused any more of them, so the newest ones are from July 2015. How do I tell which are newer? I hate to bring all 30 of them in case one stops working. For the first time in years, we're staying off site, but will be adding our admissions to MDE.

How do I tell which are newer? I hate to bring all 30 of them in case one stops working. For the first time in years, we're staying off site, but will be adding our admissions to MDE.
Unless you somehow had marked them when you got them you won't be able to tell, except for the brand new MB2.0 ones. How about just bringing a few rather than all 30?

I have about 15 magic bands (x2 people), the oldest from a few months after they started the program, so they're nearing end of battery life. We went last November but refused any more of them, so the newest ones are from July 2015. How do I tell which are newer? I hate to bring all 30 of them in case one stops working. For the first time in years, we're staying off site, but will be adding our admissions to MDE.

Check family photos for what colors they were and narrow it down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter