• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excellent New Book/Guide for WDW

Can't wait to get to the bookstore and pick this up. I'm already having visions of a u-tube of you all saying "Hello, my name is ____________ and I'm a Mousejunkie". LOL I would have to say I was one also! Your chronicle interview was great!

I had no plans on going out tomorrow but now I'll be heading to Borders to get myself a copy. Can't wait to read it! I didn't go to Disney until I was almost 29 and fell in love with immediately. Unfortunately I didn't discover disboards until a few years later but so glad I did!

I had to put some of my work aside to get started on this - and I'm glad I did :thumbsup2 It's a bit like reading a trip report by Steve Martin or Jerry Seinfeld, incredibly well observed and very funny and entertaining, along with a lot of useful info for first timer or repeat visitor alike. But it's something we can all relate to, if we've ever stayed at a Disney resort, tried to work out the best/cheapest/least crowded/most enjoyable time to go, had a frustrating experience, had a 'Wow!' moment, enjoyed Disney dining, etc, etc! Just a thoroughly good read.

Is it in the travel section?

It SHOULD be but we had to hunt around our local Borders for it. It was supposed to be in the Orlando/WDW section but we eventually found it in the non-specific Travel Writing section, so keep your eyes peeled!

My copy arrived today! OMG - it's us! It's me! I know we are all Dis-ers here but now my obsession has a name! I am a MOUSEJUNKIE!:wizard:

Bought this at Borders a few days ago. It's called Mousejunkies by Bill Burke.
The author and his crew are totally like-minded to we Dis-ers. There may not be a lot of new factual info, but it's a very enjoyable read from a group of people who are total WDW nuts. They're probably here--come collect your kudos if so.:earsboy:

I totally agree with OP...this book is too AWESOME!! DH and I are almost done reading it and can not stop laughing at some of Bill's stories.:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Anyone with a Disney obsession will totally relate to his stories!! (rootbeer diapers is my favorite!!)

On top of it all, Bill is the nicest guy...got to meet him and Mousejunkie Randy at a book night and they are "TOO COOL".:thumbsup2:cool1:

We're hoping and waiting for Mousejunkies 2!!

My husband found a book on Amazon that he thought I'd like. "Mousejunkies" by Bill Burke. Has anyone here read it? I have read Unofficial Guide cover to cover 2-3 times, and keep up with the happenings here, at allears.net, and at touringplans.com. Do you think I'd learn anything new to "feed the addiction"?

Picked the book up last week and it is great. If you love Disney, you will love the book. I have laughed out loud several times while reading it....:thumbsup2

I think of it this way: I got a chapter out of it! :lmao:

Did you happen to see the video I put on Youtube from it? It doesn't really capture the worst of the weather, but you get a little taste: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Amg9obsVtc

And I'm so glad you got a laugh out of the book.

I read that chapter last night. I'm telling you, you just don't know what a week on the Magic and some time in St. Marteen and St. Thomas will do for you!!!!

I say try it again!!!!:thumbsup2

:rotfl:

Why thanks Bill! So, what's your impression of your book? Hee hee, just kidding. I'm a mousejunkie too, so I guess I'll enjoy your book. All the reviews on Amazon are positive. Amazon.com actually suggested it as "a book you might like." I suppose that confirms my mousejunkie status.
It's a small world. I got a Thank You response from Len Testa once when I mentioned in a blog post that I'd read Unofficial Guide.

I just bought Mousejunkies tonight and have just started reading it! I'm loving it so far! I know the author is a "Diser', So, Kudo's to you Bill!

I also bought it a few days ago. I love it, too!
I also buy the "Unofficial Guide" each year and read it cover to cover.

Loooove this book! I had to stop and read sections aloud, and would just sit and laugh and say "me too!" I highly recommend it!

I picked it up the other day . I read it front to back the same day. Funny book. The writing style is very entertaining and completly different.

I'm going to purchase this book tonight!!!!!!!! EDIT: Just bought it on Amazon!!
I can't wait to read it.

As someone else posted-
Now I know my obsession has a name: MOUSEJUNKIE!!! :banana:

Thank you for the kind words!

:thumbsup2

Randy, Carol and Jenna - from the book - are all here as well.
Well, not here with me. Here on the boards. ;-)

I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon and it's sitting right here. Really slick and I can't wait to read it on our camping vacation in a couple of weeks!

I can't wait to read this! Just ordered it from Amazon and it will be here Friday. I don't think I'll be disappointed. What little I've seen looks fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter