Expedition Everest Challenge Trekkers

Chester - I just noticed that Cindy and Matt finished 20th out of the Coed teams and were 2 chip seconds behind you.

Dave

Yah, I saw that. Miranda and I had a 30:00 5k and the obstacle course was kind of crowded, but we must have made up for it hunting down the clues. All of our clues were in sequence and we just ran through gathering clues. I though the glues were kind of easy. Congratulations on your great finish!

Chester

Diane thanks so much for cheering me on!
I was a nervous wreck!
Anne it was wonderful to meet you as well!!!

My next race is at the end of November, so I'll keep on training!
We made it in 1:33:03, on the 417 place for Co-ed teams with all 4 answers. I feel pretty good since it was my very first race and all. I am confident next year I'll be able to better my time.

Here is me (or my hand at least), bragging about my new shiny medal to the hidden mickey Yeti at EE.:rotfl:

DSC03244.JPG

And here is DH haha!
DSC03232.JPG

BTW, does anybody know when our race pictures will be up?
I cannot wait to see how crazy I look :lmao:

Team Bozo checking in - back from our trip.

I ended up power walking about a mile of the 5K. I've had what many people who were on the DCL Aug. Repo cruise refer to as "Disney Crud" for about the last 3 weeks, it is probably bronchitis, or black lung, or something. Anyway, I'm not much of a runner to begin with and I really didn't train for this race...at all! Having said that, I usually do tris, so "just" a 5K without swimming and biking before it was a different experience for me.

DH & I ended up 99th out of 669 co-ed teams. I was really excited by our placing! I'm usually a middle-of-the-pack racer, so this is by far my best finish ever! And my first Disney medal! YAY!

We're going back next year. We need to find another team member. DS10 will be old enough to run next year. He's already a runner, so 5K will be no problem for him.

I loved this race, but I think there is room for improvement. I hope they keep building on it.

Oh, and if you were passed by a team running and singing the song from the Adventurer's Club during the scavenger hunt...that was us!!

We're back......wasn't that a blast! relatively speaking, it was a small WISH turnout, but it was great to meet some new folks and reconnect with the "old" ones! Of course, Anne had us all confused by wearing ORANGE! (bet she won't do that again). Congrats to Skywalker Dave on his 7th place finish! It was great to finally meet you and I LOVED your costume! (maybe that slowed you down a little also).
Lan, Lan, I was looking for you but didn't see you there.....I guess you chickened out and didn't wear your WISH shirt....naughty, naughty! (But during the out and back someone yelled "Go WISH!" to me and my son...was that you?) Thanks for posting all those great photos!
Wendy: great to see you again....loved your photos also! Hope the heel wasn't hurting too much afterward.
Sorry I didn't stay for the afterparty. I had spent the whole day at AK with Adam doing all the rides and was totally exhausted. We had a pretty fast time - 1:13:44 (fast for us, anyhow) - and started out in Wave 6 so we were finished by about 8:40. I wanted to hang out and ride Everest with the WISH group, but my body wouldn't let me. Adam was an excellent teammate and due to his encouragement, we finished our 5K under 40 minutes which is a PR for me. My legs were shaking so badly once I stopped that it made the obstacle course even more difficult. I went under the hurdles, so I guess that was cheating, but nobody said anything so I figured I did legally "navigate" them. The rope thing was hard for me because my legs were still tense from the 5K but I did it! My son is tall and has long arms so he got on the balance beam next to mine and we did it holding hands, which stabilized me greatly. I found the crawl to be the easiest of them all. We missed one of our scavengers questions because we just assumed we knew the answer and didn't really read the clue fully. We were a little bummed out about that, but in the end it really didn't matter.
It was a great, fun-filled event and I am so glad I did it. By far, the best part was getting to spend really good quality time with just my son. Lately, I only get to see him around Thanksgiving and Christmas and those days are often full of chaotic activity. I think he deserves a very big :thumbsup2 for being such a good sport and wearing the WISH shirt.....which is more than his 3 siblings would ever do. I've got just a few photos and will post them as soon as I download them to photobucket. More later!

we survived!! we had to walk most of the 5k due to knee issues my partner was having but we had a blast and finihsed at around 1:31 (according to my watch). we had a little trouble with the first clue we attempted (which was actually #2 in our passport) but breezed through the last 3. off to check the reults!

OK, since that worked so well, I just have to share one more photo with you. It has absolutely nothing to do with EEC, but it's what we did the following evening. We trick-or-treated at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I think you'll agree that's quite a stash! (and I only pulled out about a dozen items to keep for myself...honest!)
SN850697.jpg

woohoo!
our team (the Mouse Mommies) finished in 1:31.03 (chip) 1:46.13 (clock)

out of the women teams that got all 4 clues correct we placed 208 out of 227

we had a blast. and we timed the rides at the post race party well... we only waited about 10 minutes to ride everest but when we got off the line was HUGE. we then headed over to Kali River Rapids where there was NO ONE.

soaking wet we headed back to or hotel--grabbed a bottle of fairy tale cuvee at the gift shop and stuck our tired selves in the hot tub wiht some champagne!

what a blast. I am sure we would have had a faster time if we hadnt spent friday "drinking around the world" --seriously--6 hours of food and wine. what a way to start our vacation.

on sunday to rest our tried legs we took the Segway tour of Epcot--very cool!

glad to see everyone survived.

Hi Everyone!

Dh and I ended up with the 20th fastest time for coed teams - but we missed a clue so our results are down several pages. Chip time was 50:41. Not too shabby.

We told the kids we lost by a "foot." Its technically true since we miscounted the number of duck feet on a sign and missed the one foot hiding behind the bear. Missing that clue put us out of the running so thats how we lost. :rolleyes:

The coed teams were the most competitive group if you look at the times. There were 6 men singles with faster times than ours, 2 women singles, 7 mens teams, and 7 womens team but 20 coed teams! Some of those coed couples looked like professional athletes or at least they did as they blurred by me.

We had a wonderful time though.

Hi Everyone!

Dh and I ended up with the 20th fastest time for coed teams - but we missed a clue so our results are down several pages. Chip time was 50:41. Not too shabby.

We told the kids we lost by a "foot." Its technically true since we miscounted the number of duck feet on a sign and missed the one foot hiding behind the bear. Missing that clue put us out of the running so thats how we lost. :rolleyes:

The coed teams were the most competitive group if you look at the times. There were 6 men singles with faster times than ours, 2 women singles, 7 mens teams, and 7 womens team but 20 coed teams! Some of those coed couples looked like professional athletes or at least they did as they blurred by me.

We had a wonderful time though.
You beat my 7th men single time of 54:47... It was such a fun race though...

Hey everyone!

Cecilia - so does DH now believe we do exist?:rotfl: Sorry didn't chat more but you guys were looking for food and I desparately needed to change shirts and find beer. :drinking1

Dave - love the outfit and you did great!

Was great to see familiar faces and meet new ones!

We finished in 1:21:58 -- 342 out of 451 coed teams with 4 right. Since we just wanted to go out and have fun I'd say it was a success.

Biggest gripe was being in the last wave. We stood around for 50 min watching others come in/out then spent a good part of the 5K dodging scavenger hunt folks. The warm water was also annoying. Ice people, please.

All in all was a good time.

Now where are the pics that I never look good in? ;)

You and me both, except that I over counted by 2. Because the clue said, how many "feet" from this bear's mouth to the end of the canoe? Well I counted the bear's feet as well. Guess they technically could be considered paws but whatever ;) They were inbetween his mouth and the end of the canoe.

So we ended up with 3 right. Our clue book I thought was easy so I was happy about that.

We ended up with a chip time of 1:11 and some seconds. We would have been sooner but I had to wait for dh to use the bathroom in the middle of the scavenger hunt :rolleyes1

ETA:
The wave thing was weird but nice, so that we all weren't trying to do the obsticle course and all trying to clammor around the clues all at once. We were in wave 6 so we didn't start until 7:25.

Personally I thought this was far better run and organized than the ToT last year. I would love to do this again but will have to see how the vacation schedule goes.

The photos are up, the photos are up! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We're team #1032

I already checked lost and found and found one of Adam and me at the finish line. Other WISHers at photo 242 (Becky) and 593 (Diane).

The whole CD is $79. I know I'm going to order one because it has lots of photos of both of us.

woohoo! photos are up!!! some good ones of me and my buddy (we were 691)

I made her stop and pose for the photog at least twice. LOL

Where are your WISH shirts? Sorry I didn' get to meet you. Great photos! You look like you were having a blast. This is so much fun......more bib numbers, please!

I had a wish shirt but my teammate did not so I opted not to wear it. We were going to get coordinating team shirts but then we dropped the ball with that one as well.

your photos look great!! we had such a fun time!

We didn't get a lot of photos of the two of us, even in the lost and found. I still might order a CD because there are 7 between the two of us.

Hi Everyone,

We got back from WDW last night.

We had a really good time at the race. This was our first Disney race, so we really didn't know what to expect, but we thought it was well organized. We spent a lot of money on souvenirs (2 shirts, 1 hat, 2 coffee cups), but since they said "inaugural" on them, we figured we had to. :confused3

I wore a WISH T-shirt to package pickup on Friday, so met a few people there. We missed meeting people in the AKL lobby by a few minutes, but met up with them at the race. We got lots of pictures, and took some pictures while we were running of WISH people. I will post pictures when I get them uploaded to the internet.

This was John (DH)'s first 5K race, so I let him set the pace, and I was tracking time with my Garmin. I think we did quite well, finishing the 5K in about 35 minutes. Not being too race savvy, we didn't push our way to the front of our wave (7), so we were at the back and had to go very sloooow for the first half mile or so. By the time we got to the front gate, things had sorted themselves out a bit, so were able to run where we wanted. We started at 7:30, so the fastest of the men were working on the scavenger hunt as we went through. We didn't have to dodge too many people though.

We did really well on the obstacle course, and were soon onto the scavenger hunt. We mostly walked through the scavenger hunt, and I thought our clues were not too bad. I messed one up though (word jumble, that I didn't realize they wanted to take the word off the sign out (night lodging) to get runner - I wrote night lodging) Anyway, 3 out of 4 right, and we finished in 1:00:37. Just missed the hour!

We got a picture with our medals (bib #1278), and decided to ride Kali to cool down. It is very spooky in the dark, but really neat. After that, we rode Everest and headed back to Dinoland to find some beer we could buy without cash, and to see the awards. We heard the awards (we were sitting down), and then rode Everest again. By then it was 10:30, so we hung around outside Everest until 10:45 to see if any other WISHers came by. We didn't see anyone, so headed back to Dinoland to pick up some more souvenirs and then went back to the hotel.

I'll post pictures when I get them uploaded.

Eeep!
OMG those have to be the very worst pictures of me ever taken... period :rotfl:
DH had some great ones, the lucky guy!!!

I am not sure if I will buy mine at all, oh lordy! I have to comb through the lost and found as well.:rotfl2: Our bib number was 1030

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter