Expedition Everest Challenge Trekkers

Hi Jeanneg:yay:
Sorry that I missed you and your son. I then got nervous because this was my first race withone my sister. She is so jealous of my medal and goodie bag.

so my question is--were there really teams that got zero correct on the scavanger hunt? or do you think they simply failed to turn in their passports or just skipped that part all-together and just finished the race?

so my question is--were there really teams that got zero correct on the scavanger hunt? or do you think they simply failed to turn in their passports or just skipped that part all-together and just finished the race?

I dunno....are any listed on the results page? I thought that maybe some fast runners just skipped that part if they realized their times would not be penalized. I'm pretty sure you had to get all 4 questions right in order to get any sort of an award. My feeling is that if you're not even going to make the effort, why bother doing the event? We were on line waiting for our professional "medal photo" and there was a kid and his mom just ahead of us. They only got one answer right, but not because they didn't try. I really liked the scavenger hunt and would like to do a longer one....maybe even without the other events. Doing it at night made it even more difficult because the lighting wasn't great, but it was fun.

looks like there were 56 teams and 46 individuals in the zero items list.

we did have an issue with clue #2 in just finding the darn snakes (we made the initial mistake of crossing the bridge into Africa instead of looking on discovery island....) --that took us a good 10 minutes to straighten out but after that we zoomed through the rest.

Me and DH were bib number 1052 - unfortunately I am back at work today and I can not see the pics here at work. I did look at ours yesterday as well as combed through the lost & found pics. I found one of me in there but didn't see any of DH. I wish they would have gotten pics of us on the obstcle course. Those are neat pictures. Sorry me and DH didn't wear WISH shirts - he doesn't really have running clothes besides good shoes and socks so he wore a long sleeve cotton shirt and it was soaked.

Jean - I did see one of your son (I think it was him) in the lost & found section - sorry I didn't write the number down but you can locate them easily because of the WISH shirt.

Thanks, Tricia. I already spotted that one have had it moved over to our file. We really lucked out with the photos....there must be between 12-15 of us so I guess it pays to be a slow moving target! :rotfl: Those bright shirts probably didn't hurt either. I was looking for your 2-toned hair in the crowd, but didn't spot you. We were in wave 6 with a bunch of other WISHers....and of course Anne was there wearing orange!

We were in wave 6 as well - I think you and your son we just ahead of us to the right at the start - I of course was too shy to introduce myself again and since I didn't have the Wish shirt on I didn't stand out. After the race after I saw pics of you and your son is when I realized you were the ones up ahead of us at the start line. Sorry I didn't have the courage to speak up. How hard is it to have a picture moved from Lost & Found to our file? What do I need to do - I do have the number of my picture that is lost.

Just call the number they have listed on the Lost and Found page (I think that's where it is) and tell them the number of the photo you want added to your Bib #. They will do it instantly while you are on the phone. Then I would go back and check to see if it actually appears on your page. I did it yesterday and it took less than 2 minutes.......they actually have real people that answer their phones!

I just checked your photos and now I am confused.......didn't you have a big red lock of hair during the Minnie?

I do have PINK in the very back of my hair - the blonde/dark blonde part is in the front. So you probably won't notice the pink in my hair but if you saw me from the back you would have seen the pink - I will have to post pics of the back when I get a chance.

And thanks Jean for the info on getting the lost pic a part of my file.

I feel cheated!! I am not on the results list!! I forgot to shut off my watch, but I finished in around 1:15 (took my time with the scavenger hunt).

Becky

Our team didn't make it on the results list either. :confused3 I emailed wdw sports and hopefully will hear back from them within a few days.

Wow, I stay away from the boards for a day and miss all sorts of great posts!

My photos are here -- that tall guy on my team is my oldest brother.

Team 1739 Pain and Panic photos

Jeanne, it was great seeing you and meeting your son. You two did get some awesome photos!

Diane, I still can't believe I ran into you on the Behind the Seeds tour! WISHers are everywhere! I'm sure you found this already, but I spotted you in L&F: 33537-296-029.

I'm off to check out other WISHers photos now!

Monkeyhouse - sorry that you aren't on the results - that stinks I hope Disney will get that straightened out. I wonder why that would have happened.

Wendy - Great pictures - I like that they at least got one of you going over the cargo net.

I am so ready for this weekend so I can get all my stuff from last weekend together and more organized (oh yeah that is after my 11 mile run Saturday morning - another new distance for me.)

A team I was with forgot to turn in their passport books. They saw that the checker people were ripping the bottom portion of your bib number to attach to your results - they had already ripped theirs off so they figured it wouldn't matter anyway. I told them to go back and they would just write their numbers down, but by then they wer eon their first beer and didn't care I guess. They're not really runners though - they just did the race because it was part of a work team builder thingy. :)

My friend and I did it in about 1:04- I forget what place we were. We would have been much faster if we hadn't gotten SO screwed up trying to find the seahorse statue bu Asia. The clue made us think it was on the path from Asia across Discovery Island, but it was before the path off to the side. We ran around the entire park before we came back to that one.

Another team we were with came in third for men's teams! Too bad they didn't give out awards three deep like normal races. :)

Our team didn't make it on the results list either. :confused3 I emailed wdw sports and hopefully will hear back from them within a few days.

Yeah I emailed them a couple days ago and have not heard back yet :confused3 I am annoyed.

Here a few pics of WISHers:
DSC00339.jpg

Jeanne, sorry this one of you and your son came out so dark.
DSC00348.jpg

Becky

Ha,ha.....we had just come off Kali rapids and were pretty soaked! I was wondering why I wasn't wearing my medal and then remembered I had tucked it inside my shirt so it wouldn't get wet.

Great photos, Carol! Thanks for sharing. I have some of my own to post, but need a little tutorial. I already purchased the ASI download. Do I have to load them all onto photobucket and copy them one by one or is there a quicker method?

Great pictures everyone! Thanks for sharing. This is on my someday list along with RftT.

OMG - thanks for the video Robert - it just happened to stop to buffer 2 times and the last time it stopped (at around 1:02 of the video) I saw my DH - I about freaked out - it was stopped on him for awhile but then when we watched it again and I would have never realized it was him (well maybe) so I am so glad for buffering this time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter