Experience with rooms being ready at BWV

melk

DIS Veteran
We've never been to BWV, so excited to be going there this August. Now I know that our room is not guaranteed until 4:00 but what have your experiences been (we'll be there 3rd week in August, arriving on a Tuesday, standard view) with the room being ready before 4:00?

We've been to VWL, always had to wait until 4:00, but our two times at OKW, could check in right away.

Thanks!!

We stay at BWV at least 2X per year, and our rooms are never ready at checkin (okay, maybe once)....................BUT, we check in around 8:30am :lmao: ! In the 9 years we've been going to BWV, the rooms have been ready any time between 11 & 4. It's not a problem for us, since we usually head over to Epcot for the day and return late afternoon/early evening. (The room has been assigned at checkin, just not prepped.)
:goodvibes

We have rarely been able to get into our rooms early at BWV. However, we often go at busy times. I don't think August is as busy, so that will be in your favor. You have a standard view and there are not very many of them, so that will be working against you. Good luck!

We usually check into the BWV in the am on a Friday or Saturday and usually get into our room. This year we're doing Vero first and checking into BWV on a Sunday , so we wont show up to early <G>

We just stayed at BWV, It was our first, and we were there at about 10:15 in the morning, and we got a room right away. But, like the person said, if we had gotten there much later, there probably would not be a room ready.

Our first stay at BWV our room wasn't ready until around 4:00. When we were there in February of this year we checked in at 9:00 on a Sunday morning and our room was ready.

The first time ever we stayed at DVC (1998) was at our home BWV. The computers were down and they couldn't print keycards (at 4pm). We weren't upset, we were just happy to be there.

We asked the CM if we could buy our WDW tickets there and the CM said "how about if we give them to you for your trouble" :eek: 5 day park-hopper passes for 2 adults and 2 children.

That was our first experience and we knew at that moment we had made a good choice to buy into DVC. :hippie:

Last ten trips to BWV, usually arrive between 1 and 2: room was ready seven of those and not other three. However, we have never done a Tuesday check-in date, usually Saturday or Sunday.

We purchased at BWV in Dec. '98. In all of our stays the room is ready usually between 1-3 closer to 3. Once or twice we had to wait till 4, and I think once we got it before noon. We go once or twice a year there usually.

our 1st stay at BWV was last NOV...we checked in around 1100a - didn't get our room until right around 400p. just go in NOT expecting to get your room until late afternoon - then you can only be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks for all the replies, I guess it will just be a toss up. My plan is to hopefully (if I can talk DH into it), have our bathing suits ready to swim for the afternoon (this works even if we don't have our room yet), then get our room and have a rest--hopefully nap!!, and head to the pirate/princess party at MK (with DVC discount--yea!) that night. I'm just not sure if I'm crazy to plan that for our first night.

You're arriving on a Tuesday so that'll probably give you a better chance of getting your room early.

Compared to Sundays which are the busiest days. I think those checking out on Sundays may be waiting closer to the 11:00 am checkout time before vacating the room, thus making it available for mousekeeping to clean. Then with the large number of rooms to be cleaned, and the greater number of members checking in that day, the less chance of getting rooms early.

The above doesn't apply as much for a Tuesday check-in. Don't actually plan on it, but I'd say your chances are better than it would be on some of the other check-in days of the week, such as a Sunday.

Packing your swim suits and a small bottle of sunscreen in your carry-on is a very good idea. You will probably be able to get into your room by 3 to freshen up and go to the party. Our experience at BWV is so varried. We've gotten into our room as early as 10 am and have had to wait as late as 5:30 pm :scared1: . Of course the 5:30 time was when we weren't going to the park and just wanted to rest. BLAH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter