Experiences with QSFB?

Do you mean the store where they sell all of the candy? I'm pretty sure that's merchandise. Some merchandise areas require you to prepare food.

If you are talking about the confectionery (on the end corner of Main Street), where they sell ice cream, that's a QSFB location.

Oh I thought the confectionery was the candy store? :confused:

EDIT: yeah confectionery is the candy store: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=469

Bakery: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=230

Oh I thought the confectionery was the candy store? :confused:

EDIT: yeah confectionery is the candy store: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=469

Bakery: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=230

Ah, I'm sorry. That totally makes sense now. I don't know why I thought that, it wouldn't make sense that that would be ice cream, lol.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's merchandise. The ice cream parlor would be QSFB. Sorry about that!

Ah, I'm sorry. That totally makes sense now. I don't know why I thought that, it wouldn't make sense that that would be ice cream, lol.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's merchandise. The ice cream parlor would be QSFB. Sorry about that!

Haha no prob :D I just got super confused xD :hug:

I worked at the Columbia Harbor House and all I can say is that QSFB is alot more fun than it sounds like. But you have to have a good attitude while doing it or it will get real old real fast.

Just bumping this thread cause I would love to read some more QSFB experiences since that's going to be my role come June! :goodvibes

I got accepted for QSFB for the Summer Alumni program that begins on May 17, but then they extended the offer of a spring quarter term from march 24th to August 13th so im doing that ill be leaving on friday and stayin in fort wilderness with the fam until i check in next wed...

Cool thing is i got a call two days ago from Epcot saying my "discover day" at EPCOT was scheduled for next tuesday and that ill be doing outdoor foods... haha i had to call and clear things up because i dont actually check in till the next day but i was one of the first to find out where im working so thats awesome...

Has anyone done ODF at Epcot? whats the costumes like? last time i did my program in spring 09 and i was custodial it was way laid back so this will be a huge change of pace

My friend worked in that location. I am not sure of the costume, but she spoke highly of it and enjoyed it more than FSFB.

I worked QSFB during my Fall Advantage 2008 CP and loved it. I worked in Stands East in MK(Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Toontown). There are some of dangers involved but as long as you're careful you'll be ok. Disney also trains you about how to deal with situations that could turn dangerous. I wouldn't worry about that though.

It is busy (especially in the parks) but remember, time FLIES when you're busy. You'll begin your shift in the morning and then realize your shift is almost over. Don't ever give up. It's worth it to stay and finish your program (7 months is a long time to be away from home). Having a good record card and good standing with the company will pay off later in life. It really comes down to how your outlook on it is. If you go in feeling mad that you didn't get your first choice, you're not going to have a good time. So...Think positive! :thumbsup2

Hi! I'm really nervous because I just got accepted for Fall 2010 CareerStart in QSFB and I know nothing about it! lol

It wasnt my first choice either but I'm looking forward to it! But I was wondering, will I gain the Disney Experience? lol thanks!

hi everyone =)
someone probably has asked this...so im sorry if this is repeated!
but i have been accepted for the fall 2011 program as a QSFB cast member and i was just wondering if CP's are ever able to work at Aloha Isle in MK.
also, as far as requesting there as a work location, if i were to call the recuriting number, what should i say?

I guess I'm kind of wondering the same thing as MelissaB103. The thought of having to work in a kitchen/prep food freaked me out so I called and requested ODF, but now I'm wondering if it was a mistake if ODF is only the tiny drink/popsicle carts. There are some places that seem unclear on what they are. Technically Aloha Isle is a building, but people approach the window/order area from outside so I was wondering if that is an ODF.

Also, is it acceptable to call and ask to be placed in a specific location?

I guess I'm kind of wondering the same thing as MelissaB103. The thought of having to work in a kitchen/prep food freaked me out so I called and requested ODF, but now I'm wondering if it was a mistake if ODF is only the tiny drink/popsicle carts. There are some places that seem unclear on what they are. Technically Aloha Isle is a building, but people approach the window/order area from outside so I was wondering if that is an ODF.

Also, is it acceptable to call and ask to be placed in a specific location?

Yes, you can call or email and request a location. There is no guarantee that you will get that location, but I heard most of the time they give it to you.

Is Aloha Isle the place where they sell the dole whips? If it is, then yes it is considered to be ODF. The only places that are considered counter service is where they sell full lunches/dinners. So, even if it's in a building, if they only sell snacks, it's ODF. ODF can include anything from ice cream, pretzels, popcorn, funnel cakes, churros, fruits, and yes even sandwiches and chicken strips. The Main Street Bakery and the Ice Cream Parlor in MK are two good places to work at.

ODF descriptions are vague... like, all soft serve ice-cream at DHS is ODF, but hard scoops are QSFB.

DHS ODF is definitely NOT just small beverage and ice cream carts... while we do have those carts, we also have Oasis Canteen which does soft serve and funnel cakes, Herbies (hot dogs, corn dogs, slushies), Woody's Hey Howdy Hey Take Away (popcorn and slushies), Rock Station (frozen lemonade, smoothies, soft serve), and Animation, Hollywood and GMR Popcorn. With the exception of Woody's, all of the above locations are air-conditioned. DHS ODF also does Fantasmic, which could include either vending (walking up and down Sunset Blvd and the ampitheatre) or working one of the pods which sell popcorn, pretzels, hot dogs, and drinks.

If you do call and ask for a place, I would definitely suggest trying for DHS... the managers there are pretty awesome (although two have left since I started =/), the coordinators are great, and so are the full-time, part-time, and seasonal CMs. You also get moved around enough that you have a good mixture of carts and booths.

Thanks for the advice y'all and for clearing up what ODF includes. I guess I'll call and see if I can request a place, although I feel bad because it must look demanding! For me, my happiness with the role of QSFB is really going to depend on the location. I was dreading the role itself, but if I got somewhere like Aloha Isle or the Ice Cream Parlor at the Magic Kingdom, I would be happy as a clam! :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice y'all and for clearing up what ODF includes. I guess I'll call and see if I can request a place, although I feel bad because it must look demanding! For me, my happiness with the role of QSFB is really going to depend on the location. I was dreading the role itself, but if I got somewhere like Aloha Isle or the Ice Cream Parlor at the Magic Kingdom, I would be happy as a clam! :goodvibes

You won't look to demanding, trust me! They try to be as accommodating with your preferences as possible. They don't want you to be miserable if they pick a location that you hate. They can't give you your top role all the time, but they at least try to give you your top location. I heard 90 percent of the time, they do listen to your request and give it to you. They want you to at least be happy with your assigned location rather than miserable. I, myself, requested to work at either Epcot or the Emporium at MK. They replied back that they wrote those requests down on my application and they will try to be as accommodating as possible, but to remember it's not a guarantee. Give it a try by emailing. (better than calling because you have something in writing as proof)

Emailing really hasn't worked too well for me. I've emailed twice before and haven't gotten responses back (and I emailed a long time ago). I don't think they are blocked from my email account though because I got an email of my receipt for paying my program assessment fee. I never got an email for being accepted though, just the packet in the mail, so maybe there is something wrong with my email. If I trusted my email, I would definitely email because I'm with you that having something in writing probably is better.

With all this being said--- I would like to add that QSFB is one of the higher paid CP programs. :thumbsup2

Well, that's kind of sad given that I've already been told my hourly wage is only $7.56. Other than bare minimum wage, you can't get much lower. LOL. I'm not doing it for the money anyway, I'm just saying that seems a bit sad if that's considered one of the higher paying CP roles.

Well I was there in 2009, It may have changed. I started at my role which wasn't QSFB at 7.25. I then got a raise and made 7.50 for the rest of my program. Maybe they have changed it, because I'm pretty sure my roommate who did QSFB and OFS and made between 8-9 dollars. I also have read it somewhere, I just can't remember where. I will try to find it.:upsidedow

Thanks! :goodvibes

I really feel like such a curious cat because I can't stop posting threads, posting replies to threads, reading threads and so on. I feel like I'll never have enough knowledge about QSFB and the CP in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter