Experiences with QSFB?

I'm not sure how CP is, but seasonal workers for ODF get $7.95... I think it was lower for Counter Service... the higher rate was due to outside conditions...

Hmmm... perhaps I should be glad that I ended up requesting ODF. Although, I'm sure a few cents won't make a difference to me when I feel like I'm dying from rain or heat. I just really want to get the location that I want. :lmao: That sounds so stupid and spoiled.

Hmmm... perhaps I should be glad that I ended up requesting ODF. Although, I'm sure a few cents won't make a difference to me when I feel like I'm dying from rain or heat. I just really want to get the location that I want. :lmao: That sounds so stupid and spoiled.

If your interview went well and you had asked to be set in a specific place, sometimes the recruiters are very nice about it :):thumbsup2

I was mad that during my interview beyond her asking what my favorite parks are, I couldn't mention any places I wanted without interrupting. So, I may call back and make a request.

Quick question for people who have done QSFB...

How intense is working in the kitchen/food prep? I'm not saying that I think all Disney food is pre-made instead of being made from scratch, but it just seems tough to believe that everything is made right there since there are soooo many people to feed! I was considering calling to request a specific location, but I'm really trying to avoid that and just see what I get and where it takes me. If I did get a QS restaurant though where food prep was part of it, I'd want to know how intense it is. It can't be super hard since we aren't culinary students/chefs! :rotfl:

I have been conventional for the fall 2011 program as a QSFB cast member and I was now surprising if CP's are yet capable to effort at Aloha Isle in MK.

Also, as far as demanding there as a work location, if I were to identify the recruiting number, what should i say?

Quick question for people who have done QSFB...

How intense is working in the kitchen/food prep? I'm not saying that I think all Disney food is pre-made instead of being made from scratch, but it just seems tough to believe that everything is made right there since there are soooo many people to feed! I was considering calling to request a specific location, but I'm really trying to avoid that and just see what I get and where it takes me. If I did get a QS restaurant though where food prep was part of it, I'd want to know how intense it is. It can't be super hard since we aren't culinary students/chefs! :rotfl:

Oh no it's basically all frozen and pre-made in quick service, and you're basically just heating things up. In the cases of places that have REAL food (my location had roast chicken and such) you have culinary people who handle all that, the whole seasoning and cooking and stuff. All you really do is heat things up...and fry french fries

I think QSFB is a job that everyone has fun with. During my fall 2009 DCP I worked at Sunset Ranch Market @ DHS. Although my (girl) costume was from backwoods Mississippi, I loved it there. QSR is always busy, which makes your shift go by fast, and you meet EVERYONE. I personally loved bussing tables outside and talking to guests. I even won the award for Best Busser, haha. And I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but, free drinks!

No the free drinks is for QSFB and maybe FSFB, only food service people...as much fountain drinks/slushi's/iced tea as you want. As long as it's not packaged in a bottle you can drink it, lol.

I'm beginning to like this! Still killing myself with anticipation because I definitely want to know where I'll work. I think location could potentially be one of the most important aspects of this. LOL.

I'm beginning to like this! Still killing myself with anticipation because I definitely want to know where I'll work. I think location could potentially be one of the most important aspects of this. LOL.

It most definitely is. That and your managers.

Oh, definitely. I'm sure managers and fellow cast members that you work with impact the experience a lot. So basically I hope I get a good location with good people around and then the role won't bother me at all!

Oh, definitely. I'm sure managers and fellow cast members that you work with impact the experience a lot. So basically I hope I get a good location with good people around and then the role won't bother me at all!

One of my favorite things about QSR was my co-workers. It seemed like an even split between Chinese girls, Brazilian boys ( oh yes, haha) and Haitians. I got to learn to speak some of each language and everything. The diversity of the co-workers makes everyday interesting . And you see them for so long that you really get to know them. Or maybe they just liked me because I had a car and would drive people home :P

One of my favorite things about QSR was my co-workers. It seemed like an even split between Chinese girls, Brazilian boys ( oh yes, haha) and Haitians. I got to learn to speak some of each language and everything. The diversity of the co-workers makes everyday interesting . And you see them for so long that you really get to know them. Or maybe they just liked me because I had a car and would drive people home :P

My location was the same, lots of international kids, I loved the Chinese girls to death though. I think part of the fun was hanging out with kids who were new not only to Disney World but to America, it made everyday exciting, lol. Especially when there was language confusion. (Usually in the form of me blinking when they tried to teach me Chinese, lol)

hey does anyone know how many qsfb places i should request? i have like 5, is that too much? i was thinking it'd be good to give them a lot of options... Also at beaches and cream do the CPs cook the burgers and stuff?

I don't know what the official consensus is, but I would never request 5. If I was a recruiter, that would annoy me. I'd say one or two tops. I was going to make even one request but thought better of it because I want a mystery and if I'm meant to get something then I will.

I worked at one of the All Star Resorts and LOVED it!

When I first found out I'd be working at a Value Resort, I admittedly was pretty sad about it. I really wanted to work in a park, but I loved it so much that I can't imagine working anywhere else. (And I'm actually Seasonal there now! Hurray!)

I loved it! We had so many different locations that we could work each day, so we could be doing something completely different. (So one day, I could be serving ice cream, and the next day I could be putting fries on plates with burgers, and the very next I could be cleaning tables.) The nice part about my location also was that you were either trained for nights or you were trained for mornings, so you would have a relatively consistent schedule. (I would overhear people on the busses for the parks talking about their schedules and I'd be so thankful that mine was the way it was!)

We also had dance parties for our guests when it wasn't super busy, so they were always a lot of fun!

I second what other people said--it can get really busy! But those were actually some of my favorite times because the time went by faster, and even though it got stressful, you didn't have to take that home with you so it was okay. It really is what you make of it, though. Some of my best friends in my location absolutely hated the job, so you just have to go in there with a positive attitude and find the good things. You aren't ALWAYS going to have a good day (I definitely didn't), but you really do have Guests that will come along and make those horrible days better. As far as cooking is concerned, we had culinaries that did the major brunt of it, but we did a little, like putting pizzas in an oven, frying nuggets and fries, and putting salads together for Guests (which really isn't cooking if you think about it, but it's making food so I guess it kind of counts). It wasn't hard AT ALL, and Disney emphasizes safety so you don't have to worry about getting hurt. We'd laugh about our battle scars, but they happened mostly when we weren't being super careful.

And about the pay, I was there Fall Advantage 2010 (so I just got back a couple of months ago) and I got paid $7.56. Except for when I trained, then I got $8.56, which was nice. (The training thing was also nice! I didn't know that CPs could become trainers, but one of my best friends was a trainer, and I was trained by two Spring Advantage CPs.) I heard rumors that Magic Kingdom Cast Members got paid more, but I didn't personally know anyone that worked QS at the Magic Kingdom.

I worked at one of the All Star Resorts and LOVED it!

When I first found out I'd be working at a Value Resort, I admittedly was pretty sad about it. I really wanted to work in a park, but I loved it so much that I can't imagine working anywhere else. (And I'm actually Seasonal there now! Hurray!)

I loved it! We had so many different locations that we could work each day, so we could be doing something completely different. (So one day, I could be serving ice cream, and the next day I could be putting fries on plates with burgers, and the very next I could be cleaning tables.) The nice part about my location also was that you were either trained for nights or you were trained for mornings, so you would have a relatively consistent schedule. (I would overhear people on the busses for the parks talking about their schedules and I'd be so thankful that mine was the way it was!)

We also had dance parties for our guests when it wasn't super busy, so they were always a lot of fun!

I second what other people said--it can get really busy! But those were actually some of my favorite times because the time went by faster, and even though it got stressful, you didn't have to take that home with you so it was okay. It really is what you make of it, though. Some of my best friends in my location absolutely hated the job, so you just have to go in there with a positive attitude and find the good things. You aren't ALWAYS going to have a good day (I definitely didn't), but you really do have Guests that will come along and make those horrible days better. As far as cooking is concerned, we had culinaries that did the major brunt of it, but we did a little, like putting pizzas in an oven, frying nuggets and fries, and putting salads together for Guests (which really isn't cooking if you think about it, but it's making food so I guess it kind of counts). It wasn't hard AT ALL, and Disney emphasizes safety so you don't have to worry about getting hurt. We'd laugh about our battle scars, but they happened mostly when we weren't being super careful.

And about the pay, I was there Fall Advantage 2010 (so I just got back a couple of months ago) and I got paid $7.56. Except for when I trained, then I got $8.56, which was nice. (The training thing was also nice! I didn't know that CPs could become trainers, but one of my best friends was a trainer, and I was trained by two Spring Advantage CPs.) I heard rumors that Magic Kingdom Cast Members got paid more, but I didn't personally know anyone that worked QS at the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks so much! When I first saw QSFB as my role I was upset, not gonna lie. But then I remembered you can request a location even though it's not guaranteed, and I had to remember that I'm there for new experiences, meeting people, and interacting with guests so I'm super excited now! I was mainly worried about the cooking because, well, I can't :confused3. But reading these boards helps A LOT!! :cool1:

My S is assigned to QSFB at ESPN Wide World of Sports. He wasn't into baseball until he started meeting the Atlanta Braves and their familes. (it's the Atlanta Braves training camp). Now he's a fan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter