Extended Evening Hours - 2023 Deluxe Hotels

travelpantfam

Earning My Ears
I just spoke with a cast member using the chat feature on the Disney World website and they confirmed that the deluxe resort extended evening hours would be discontinued at the end of the year. I know that those cast members may not always have the most accurate information, so I was just curious if anyone else has heard the same?

Without the extended hours I am finding it even harder to justify the cost of the deluxe accommodations.

I just spoke with a cast member using the chat feature on the Disney World website and they confirmed that the deluxe resort extended evening hours would be discontinued at the end of the year. I know that those cast members may not always have the most accurate information, so I was just curious if anyone else has heard the same?

Without the extended hours I am finding it even harder to justify the cost of the deluxe accommodations.
Oh wow, that's unfortunate if true. I have loved using those hours. Maybe it's because they just brought back the paid after hours events.
But I agree, it was a nice perk for paying so much to stay at the Deluxe hotels on property. Now it makes one contemplate other accommodations for sure.

I wonder if it is just because all that is announced at this time are the hours through the end of the year...

I don't think that is true because the WDW 50th anniversary celebration goes until March 2023. So maybe after that??

I hope it is not over, that was the only reason why I picked Boardwalk for the next Trip in Feb 2023 :(

This makes sense since they just announced the paid after hours events that I thought I saw were going to be on Mon and Wed. I don’t see Disney offering something for free when they are now charging for it. Starting to wonder what they think the onsite benefit is anymore?

This makes sense since they just announced the paid after hours events that I thought I saw were going to be on Mon and Wed. I don’t see Disney offering something for free when they are now charging for it. Starting to wonder what they think the onsite benefit is anymore?
how much is it?

CMs try their best to be helpful but with all the complexities of WDW sometimes they are wrong. Or wrong in the way they word something. Or confused. The harder the question, the more variety in answers across different CMs.

Now that we’re getting closer to year’s end I’d expect WDW to come out with info regarding future plans. Right now it’s just MK and EP with EEH so still leaves HS and AK easy to sell DAH upgrade. It’s totally possible to continue on with both EEH and DAH. There was night EMH and DAH pre-pandemic that wasn’t much different and those DAH were still popular.

how much is it?
Hollywood Studios is $129-$149 and mostly on Weds nights. Magic Kingdom is $135-$159 and mostly on Mon nights. They have details on the website.

I would love for them to continue the “free” extended evenings, but just doesn’t align with Disney these days. If they can charge for something, they will…

Hollywood Studios is $129-$149 and mostly on Weds nights. Magic Kingdom is $135-$159 and mostly on Mon nights. They have details on the website.

I would love for them to continue the “free” extended evenings, but just doesn’t align with Disney these days. If they can charge for something, they will…
holy C$%#, per 140-160 per person?? my goodness, that is more expensive than the ticket itself

Last edited:
My gut thinks EEH isn’t going anywhere. DAH is still the only option for the 90% of guests not staying deluxe. I understand why people have less confidence in WDW decisions lately, but it still makes sense for them to continue EEH even if DAH is coming back.

My gut thinks EEH isn’t going anywhere. DAH is still the only option for the 90% of guests not staying deluxe. I understand why people have less confidence in WDW decisions lately, but it still makes sense for them to continue EEH even if DAH is coming back.
exactly, they need to boost deluxe and at the same time, get money from people not staying at deluxe. typical disney lol

I wonder if it is just because all that is announced at this time are the hours through the end of the year...

That's my thought, we don't have official hours beyond the end of the year. And Extended Evening Hours are part of the official hours.

I'm also wondering if they know something about crowd levels we don't. When I went in April, I think MK regular close was pushed to 11 PM because the crowds were high. After Hours events being scheduled makes the park hours pretty set in stone (I would think).

That is a shame . It was the main reason why I booked AKL for august 2023 . If I downgrade to a moderate , I could use the money for some DAH tickets 🤔

Until confirmation, I would recommend you not make changes at this time. Not saying the CM didn't say it to you, just saying Disney has not announced this.

If EEH are indeed included for all of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations, Jan 2023 dates should be announced late this month.

That is a shame . It was the main reason why I booked AKL for august 2023 . If I downgrade to a moderate , I could use the money for some DAH tickets 🤔
The EEH was announced as part of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations so any dates after Mar 31, 2023 may not include EEH.

That being said, I would hold off making changes until we know something more definite.

I don't think that is true because the WDW 50th anniversary celebration goes until March 2023. So maybe after that??

I hope it is not over, that was the only reason why I picked Boardwalk for the next Trip in Feb 2023 :(

I'm hoping it isn't true as well. I booked Contemporary for next March with the assumption that the extended hours would run through then.

Now I'm trying to decide if I change resorts and risk missing out on the possibility of the hours sticking around through the end of the 50th.

The difference between and Gran Destino Tower and the Contemporary Garden Wing room I already have booked is $2,400 for my 10 night stay. With that type of savings I could buy tickets to the after hours party and still save a ton. I have a lot to think about.....

I'm hoping it isn't true as well. I booked Contemporary for next March with the assumption that the extended hours would run through then.

Now I'm trying to decide if I change resorts and risk missing out on the possibility of the hours sticking around through the end of the 50th.

The difference between and Gran Destino Tower and the Contemporary Garden Wing room I already have booked is $2,400 for my 10 night stay. With that type of savings I could buy tickets to the after hours party and still save a ton. I have a lot to think about.....
Just wait, it might not be true. They should release January 2023 schedule by end of October so we will know for sure

So I don’t think the current extended evening hours are worth $2400 if that is the only reason you are staying at the contemporary…

Magic Kingdom is pretty good, but Epcot is challenging to get all the headliners in because of the amount of time it takes to get to each one. They are a nice added benefit, but not one that costs $2400. With a 10 day trip you should have plenty of time to get everything done.

The Deluxe EMH came out right before Genie+. My first thought was there goes the chance of free Genie+ for Deluxe like Universal does Express Pass. Sure enough, no Genie+ included for Deluxe. Now, if rumor is correct, they are eliminating it, they want you to pay for After Hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter