Fabulous Felines February Exercise Challenge

:welcome: PollyannaMom and scdak to Tigger Orange! :tigger:

One of the best-known Disney tigers is Shere Khan from The Jungle Book. He was voiced by George Sanders in the 1967 Disney film and by Idris Elba in the 2016 Disney film; he is set to be voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch in the 2018 film. In "A Definitive Ranking of 25 Classic Disney Villains," The Huffington Post puts him at #17 and describes him as follows:

Shere Khan is a known man-eater, who is similar to Hannibal Lecter in that he is especially articulate and polite in dealing with his victims. To be fair, he hates men, because they killed his entire family, but Shere Khan’s cold, calculating methodology verges on sociopathy. Bonus points for having an affably precocious snake as his sidekick.

And PollyannaMom shovels straight to Figaro Purple!

Figaro is Geppetto's pet tuxedo cat in the 1940 film Pinocchio. Apparently Walt Disney really loved Figaro, so he later was featured as Minnie Mouse's pet and had his own series of cartoon shorts.

Does anyone know what amusing task Figaro is performing in the Disneyland and WDW versions of Pinocchio's Village Haus restaurant?

Does anyone know what amusing task Figaro is performing in the Disneyland and WDW versions of Pinocchio's Village Haus restaurant?

Is he trying to get the goldfish from the bowl?

40 minutes today - shoveling the new snow we got last night!

The thought crossed my mind that maybe I should be setting a higher goal for February...But then I decided that if I did, it probably wouldn't snow, and I'd have to spend all that time at the gym. :rotfl2:

335/420

Congratulations to Saphire5742 and to princessbee for turning Tigger Orange! :tigger:

And welcome PollyannaMom as the first team member to reach Cheshire Cat Pink! :ccat:

The origins of the Cheshire Cat pre-date Lewis Carroll, but he's best known as a character in Alice in Wonderland. The book's Cheshire Cat was brown and tan, perhaps based on the actual British Shorthair breed. But in the 1951 animated Disney film, the Cheshire Cat is a bit brighter-pink with purple stripes! Sometimes he helps Alice, and sometimes he gets her into trouble.

Regarding Figaro:

Is he trying to get the goldfish from the bowl?

Good guess, but nope. An exit sign over the door is off-center, and he's shown with a rope, trying to pull it over. In Disneyland Paris, the sign is centered, and Figaro is shown leaning against it, giving a thumbs-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter