Fabulous Felines February Exercise Challenge

Today we recognize Shrfleen for turning Tigger Orange and LizardQueen8 for turning Figaro Purple!

Figaro is not the only cat character in Pinocchio. Gideon (cat) and Honest John (fox) are the con men who deceive Pinocchio into going to Pleasure Island. Gideon was to be voiced by Mel Blanc, but all the lines were deleted to make him a silent sidekick. He does have 3 hiccups, which Blanc performed and was paid for (saying later it was the most expensive hiccup he ever recorded, according to Disney Wiki).

Last edited:
I'm bowing out of this month. I'm still not healthy, and am starting yet another cold while the other one is still lingering around. I had a relapse that included a fever last week and when I tried to work out once I felt good enough to work out again I made it 20 minutes and had another relapse the next day. I'm going to focus on getting healthy first and then go back to working out. So that said, I'm sad to miss out on the rest of February but I hope to see you all in March!

(and I may still try to sneak in a work out here and there once I feel better this month but I don't want to rush things)

I'm bowing out of this month. I'm still not healthy, and am starting yet another cold while the other one is still lingering around. I had a relapse that included a fever last week and when I tried to work out once I felt good enough to work out again I made it 20 minutes and had another relapse the next day. I'm going to focus on getting healthy first and then go back to working out. So that said, I'm sad to miss out on the rest of February but I hope to see you all in March!

(and I may still try to sneak in a work out here and there once I feel better this month but I don't want to rush things)

I am so sorry, galaxygirl76. Take care of yourself. Wishing you a thorough and speedy recovery and looking forward to your return. You are always such an encouragement to all of us, and you will be missed.

So sorry you're feeling so unwell! We'll miss you, but these challenges are supposed to be motivating, not stressful and debilitating, so take care of yourself. There will be another chance in March.

Figaro Purple for me, sophy1996, thanks to my weekly Pilates class.

Figaro is black with white on his chest and paws, a pattern known as a tuxedo cat. And he isn't Disney's only tuxedo cat. Another is Mittens from the 2008 film Bolt. Mittens has a sad backstory, having been first declawed and then abandoned by her family in New York City. But when she meets the dog Bolt, things start looking up. Mittens is voiced by Susie Essman, who at the directors' request used her normal speaking voice instead of creating a special voice.

Congratulations to scdak for turning Figaro Purple!

Another Disney tuxedo cat is Lucifer from Cinderella, Lady Tremaine's cat who isn't any nicer than his mistress. In the 1950 film, he was animated by Ward Kimball. In one article I saw, another animator described a particular scene--where Lucifer is looking under teacups for the mouse--as Kimball's masterpiece while at Disney.

Here's a short dance remix using that scene:

Today's nod goes to Saphire5742 for turning Figaro Purple!

If she were black and white, instead of light brown and tan, Felicia of the 1986 film The Great Mouse Detective would be a tuxedo cat. Felicia is the pet cat of Professor Ratigan, who runs a crime syndicate of mice but gets upset if anyone suggests that he himself is a rat. He has Felicia to dispose of anyone who upsets him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter