Fabulous Felines February Exercise Challenge

Lots of :rainbow: today!

We recognize Tasha228 for turning Figaro Purple;

LizardQueen8 for turning Cheshire Cat Pink; :ccat:

and PollyannaMom for being the first team member to reach Rufus Red!

Dinah, Alice's cat in Alice in Wonderland (1951), fits a bit into both purple and pink. She is red/orange with a tan chest and paws (again with the tuxedo look), sporting a nifty pink bow, and is smart enough not to fall down the rabbit hole with Alice. But early designs for Dinah were lifted directly from animations of Figaro; originally she was going to be black.

As for Rufus, he of course is the elderly cat in the orphanage in 1977's The Rescuers, who comforts Penny when she is there and then helps Bernard and Bianca when they are looking for her. He is brown with a bushy white mustache, and not to be outdone by Dinah, he not only has a red scarf, but glasses as well! Rufus was a caricature of Ollie Johnson, one of Disney's Nine Old Men. The Rescuers was one of the last Disney movies he worked on before retiring.

No color changes to report today, and the team stays at Tigger Orange (though it's creeping close to Figaro Purple!). So let's mention a favorite Disney orange cat - Oliver, the orange tabby kitten of 1988's Oliver & Company. This is a musical adaptation of Oliver Twist, where young Oliver, looking for a home in New York, stumbles across of a group of dogs who become his friends. The voice cast is full of heavyweights such as Joey Lawrence, Billy Joel, Bette Midler, Dom DeLuise, Cheech Marin, and Robert Loggia.

So two 10 min. dog walks and one 15 min. gets me to 35 min. for last week, bringing my total to 120/180. Started off the new week today with a 15 min. walk on this gorgeous day in the Northeast, wearing capris, and it could have been shorts with how warm it was(of course I need more walking before that happens! :P) That makes it 135/180, and then helped my cousins plan out their 2nd Disney trip for this summer, so good day all around!

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle and the team as a whole for turning Figaro Purple!

A lesser-known black-and-white Disney kitty is Ambrose from the Silly Symphony The Robber Kitten, whose goal is to become a bandit--and to avoid the baths given by his mother. Ambrose wears a flamboyant hat and tall boots, much like "Puss in Boots."

And more congratulations to cassie58 and me (sophy1996) for turning Cheshire Cat Pink! :ccat:

The Cheshire Cat has some unusual abilities, such as being able to disappear. Another Disney cat with unusual abilities is Zunar-J-5/9 Doric-4-7 (a/k/a Jake), the titular character of 1978's The Cat From Outer Space. His space ship makes an emergency landing on Earth, and he needs help (and a bit of gold) to make repairs. Jake, who has a glowing collar with special powers, including allowing him to communicate with humans, was played by two Abyssinian cats, a male and a female.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter