Family members are concerned that FW cabins won't feel as magical!

I agree with Lisa, FW has its' Own "Disney Magic". We stayed in the Wilderness Homes, many years ago, on our 1st Disney trip and it was truly MAGICAL! We have returned there once, as well as having stayed in a TreeHouse Villa and a Fairways Villa at DI, POFQ (formerly Dixie Landings) CBR, and OKW. I have appreciated each (except CBR - very disappointed here) for what they offered - each different from the other. There are many, FREE extras at FW - the Petting Zoo, The horsebarn (? "official name?) The Campfire, the Electrical Water Pagent from the beach, the calm and foliage etc. The full kitchen was great - and we never cooked a full meal - but saved lots in both time and money on b'fasts, and always had cold beverages and snacks when we returned. In terms of "theming" the Villas had far less - yet they too offered something unique - added space!
It is really all in your expectations.
All that said, some of my fondest memories are of FW, and I would return to the Cabins in a minute. We personally are more comfortable with the added space of "your own place" vs. a large hotel/motel. (Yet we were very happy at POFG) On our last trip, however, my husband resisted staying at FW, as the transportation to the rest of the world is somewhat more difficult than from other resort areas - JMHO! I agree Golf Carts are convenitent and fun - we had them when we were at the Villas, but they do add to the daily cost.

It is true about the cost of a golf cart being additional. They run about $40.00 a day if you keep them 24hrs. But look at the total picture. The cost of a cabin, the added room, the golf cart cost and the money saved on breakfast out everyday not to mention how much more relaxing it makes each morning. All this taken into the equation the cost of a cabin & golf cart is quite a bit lower than many of the other resorts.

My DD & I really want to try the cabins - we've been to the campfire twice & loved the FW atmosphere. However, with it only being 2 of us, are the cabins practical? Will we feel out of place around lots of large family groups? My DD is very sensitive about our tiny "family unit". She seems to forget the chaos involved when we travel with extended family!:D

You wont feel out of place at all. My DW & I have stayed there alone. Many people with older kids stay there so you see couples, Mom & DD , Dads & DD or DS. The kids go off and have fun without the parents sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter