Fanny pack question...

Luvmyfam3

I love DVC!
Does anyone know where I can find inexpensive fanny packs for really skinny people? My daughters are very thin, and I want them each to have their own fanny pack for camera, snacks, etc. We don't need them very big, but my girls are 11, 11 and 9 and wouldn't like the kids ones. I tried Walmart and the fanny packs were to big for me!! Also, we don't like to pin them because sometimes the pin comes undone...ouch!!!:mad:

Thanks in advance!! Kim

I got Fanny Paks for my 9 and 8 year old boys at our local sporting goods store. (Dicks Sporting Goods, or Dunhams, if you have one of those in your town) They are Adult Nike Fanny Paks but work great for their small bodies. The straps adjust. They had a huge selection. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem when my DD was 5. As small as we could find a bag, it just did not fit my skinny-minnie. So, by brilliant MIL ties a knot in the strap, which shoretened it and it fit perfectly.

If you have a sewing machine, you can shorten the strap by however much you need to. I just put a tuck in the strap and sewed over it twice. After my DD hit her growth spurt (right around the age of 12), I only needed to remove the stitches and she was still able to use her fanny pack.

Has anyone ever seen a fanny pack that is an "organizer"? For the past several trips, I've just bought a regular shoulder strap organizer, and pull the straps small enough to hang around my waist. This works O-K, but is a pain when it comes to bathroom breaks!

The standard two section fanny pack doesn't cut it for my needs!
Just wondering if anyone has come across the "ultimate fanny pack" and where? Maybe there's a designer nitch here waiting to be filled! ;)

I got a fanny pack at the Totes outlet store. It has one large pocket which holds the camera, 2 ponchos from Target. There are 2 front compartments, kept all the tickets in the smallest one and they were real easy to get to, put a packet of tissues and some hand wipes in the other one, also my lipstick. 2 small ones on each side, great for when a ride requires you to take off your earrings, and one across the back. I used this the last time and it was just great, got a second one for our May trip so both my husband & I can carry one. We will have the grandchildren with us so will have a few more ponchos to carry. Since we got them at an outlet they were only $10 each, and one is black leather. We usually just carried them over our shoulder, could easily fasten them around the lap bar on most rides without fear of losing them.

I just picked one up for my daughter as an Easter present at EMS Sports store in NH. Not sure if the store chain is in your area. You may also want to check out ebags.com and see what they have. I know they offer bags, luggage, etc. just for kids.

I too would love to find another organizer type fanny pack. I bought mine about 6 years ago from a local store and haven't been able to find another. It is leather and can get hot in the summer but I have to have my organizer.

Originally posted by natt
Has anyone ever seen a fanny pack that is an "organizer"? For the past several trips, I've just bought a regular shoulder strap organizer, and pull the straps small enough to hang around my waist. This works O-K, but is a pain when it comes to bathroom breaks!

The standard two section fanny pack doesn't cut it for my needs!
Just wondering if anyone has come across the "ultimate fanny pack" and where? Maybe there's a designer nitch here waiting to be filled! ;)

Natt,
I picked up our "bag" at Wal-mart. It is a shoulder type bag but the strap has one of those quick connect type connectors on one end just like a fanny pack. I pulled the straps tight enough to fit my waist and then just undo the one end to remove just like any other fanny pack. It has two large pouches big enough to hold bottled water and a smaller pouch for small things as well as a card pouch for carrying tickets and room keys and such. It was in the section of Wal-mart where the purses are. I believe it is Eastport or Eastpak or something like that. I think I paid like $8 for it. PM me your email address and I will try to send you a picture of it if you like.

Thanks Ratpack! I'm running out to Walmart today anyway, so I'll have to take a look. They just got more sizes of the sandles (another thread) that I got and I want to get my daughter a pair too. We're not even going until August, but I figure I should get this stuff now while the selection is there!

Ratpack: I saw the bag you were refering to today - it is actually a bag I once used and wore out (who knows how many vacations back). I ended up finding a real fanny pack that is much larger than the ones I'd had before (3 pouches, small one up front - great for room keys!).

Now all I have to do is remember I've purchased all this stuff when August rolls around!

Great Natt,
Just do as I do when buying stuff. Everything I buy for Disney is in a corner in the guest bedroom. Whenever it gets time, only one place to go.

I have a sidekick made by Eagle Creek. They have super products with lifetime warranties. I use mine as a purse (it has a shoulder strap) , then when you need a fanny pack you can unzip a compartment on the back and pull out the waist straps. It has several zippered compartments. You can check them out on their web site www.eaglecreek.com (I think) or they show up a lot on ebay. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter