Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean (San Juan) Cruise 3/9/13 - 3/16/13

We're in for now anyway! Don't know if the kids' spring break will fall this week but this is the week it is this year. Hope I'm not jumping ship later. If so, it'll be the 4th time :( Keep having to move due to obligations, ect but really keeping fingers crossed this is the one!

I'm very pleased with the price! We are moving our 3/11/12 MR to this one and it is only $500 more for the same cat. I don't think that's bad considering it IS the Fantasy instead of the Wonder and it is a year later. Plus, prior to the MR, we had the MAgic booked for the same week and our OV was the same as a balcony is on this one.

My B-day is March 15th! :)

Happy birthday to us! :dance3:

Count us in, too! I am ssanders79's DW - it will be us and our DD, who will be a few days shy of 6 yrs old at time of sailing. It's our Spring Break, and my b-day is March 11th. )

Looks like we need to have one big birthday party on board! My bday is just a few days before on March 3. DS will turn 7 on-board on 3/12 and DD will turn 14 on-board on 3/13! Joining the kids and me will be DH. He's the odd one out in the family with a June bday!

Still waiting on my TA to get back to me with room assignment but I have requested a 5B. Never had a balcony before and really excited about it! I considered the 4E due to the extended balcony but don't know if a bigger balcony that's not very private (according to stateroom reports) is worth the extra $200+. I'm just happy to have the balcony!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know y'all!

ETA: Got our assignment from our TA -8080!!!!

Looks like we need to have one big birthday party on board! My bday is just a few days before on March 3. DS will turn 7 on-board on 3/12 and DD will turn 14 on-board on 3/13! Joining the kids and me will be DH. He's the odd one out in the family with a June bday!

Still waiting on my TA to get back to me with room assignment but I have requested a 5B. Never had a balcony before and really excited about it! I considered the 4E due to the extended balcony but don't know if a bigger balcony that's not very private (according to stateroom reports) is worth the extra $200+. I'm just happy to have the balcony!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know y'all!

ETA: Got our assignment from our TA -8080!!!!

Our DD will be 6 three days after we get off the ship; her b-day is just 8 days after mine :) DH has a June b-day, but he'll be boarding the Fantasy the day after his b-day in 2012.

I think you made a good decision on avoiding those deck 5 extended verandahs; can't imagine having 9 decks above me looking down :eek:You will love having a verandah!!!!!!

Well I made the switch from a 9D to 6 ... and had my choice of seven available staterooms. The system is surely wonky.

Ah well, like carmie I'm just excited to have a balcony for the first time!

Well I made the switch from a 9D to 6 ... and had my choice of seven available staterooms. The system is surely wonky.

Ah well, like carmie I'm just excited to have a balcony for the first time!

Tried to switch from 7 to 6, but no rooms showed up for me...

However, I switched from 8022 to 8022 (NO SWITCH) and saved $56!?! I'll take it toward a new Disney DCL Dooney and Bourke! :dance3:

Our DD will be 6 three days after we get off the ship; her b-day is just 8 days after mine :) DH has a June b-day, but he'll be boarding the Fantasy the day after his b-day in 2012.

I think you made a good decision on avoiding those deck 5 extended verandahs; can't imagine having 9 decks above me looking down :eek:You will love having a verandah!!!!!!

Good, glad I just booked the 5B! Yeah, I wouldn't want all those looking down on me either! If I want all those other people looking at me every tiem I went out on the deck, I'd just book an inside and go out to deck 4 (I guess that's the deck on Fantasy)

Anyway, just looked and it shows now that all 5Bs are gone. There were quite a few earlier today. Glad I took care of this today :yay:

Is anyone on here following the World Series? As if my avitar doesn't give it away, I'm a huge Ranger Fan. So I'm hoping they win their first World Series Championship this year!!!!

Count us in! It will be me and DD (8 at time of trip). We are on the 3/11 MR cruise for 2012 for spring break, so I thought why not for 2013! Especially after I saw the stop in Puerto Rico. San Juan is supposed to be awesome. Can't wait.

We are IN!! Sooooo excited. I was specifically waiting for the 2013 dates to open so we could snag a San Juan cruise. It will be me, DH, and DS (6 at the time) and DD (5). :cool1::cool1:

I actually WANTED the extended balcony...what category are they now? They used to be a 5E. Had one on the Dream and it was FABULOUS!!

Count us in! It will be me and DD (8 at time of trip). We are on the 3/11 MR cruise for 2012 for spring break, so I thought why not for 2013! Especially after I saw the stop in Puerto Rico. San Juan is supposed to be awesome. Can't wait.

MR 3/11 is the next cruise for us and then this cruise for 2013. Seems strange to be booking so far in advance, but I guess if you want a room that sleeps 4 you need to book the Fantasy that far in advance. (we leave my husband at home, but with the beds not splitting and not wanting to sleep with one of the girls I booked a room that sleeps 4)

I booked this cruise as well - Stateroom 2538.

Taking a solo cruise - can't wait
Solo cruises on DCL are amazing, which many people find hard to believe, but I did the Magic solo in August and I had a ball, and met so many other adults travelling without kids to.

MR 3/11 is the next cruise for us and then this cruise for 2013. Seems strange to be booking so far in advance, but I guess if you want a room that sleeps 4 you need to book the Fantasy that far in advance. (we leave my husband at home, but with the beds not splitting and not wanting to sleep with one of the girls I booked a room that sleeps 4)

We will have to meet up on the MR cruise. My DD will almost be 8. It would be great to get them together then with plans to see one another again in 2013.

I sent an email to the school district we'll be at during this time and I was told that MOST LIKELY Spring Break will be this week! But there is a chance it could be 2 weeks later due to Easter falling early that year. SO hope it is this week. If not, don't think we'll be getting in on the cruise 2 weeks later. It is the one that so many people got such a great deal on the first few hours (glitch according to a lot of posts) then it sky rocketed. I am so looking forward to sailing on the Fantasy during the kids birthdays. Just keeping my fingers crossed!

We are in the same boat (or at least hopefully, lol)! We booked this cruise w/o knowing our spring break dates yet either. We won't know until December or January, and by then prices may have gone up too much.

But, I really really want to go on the Fantasy! Second option is if the Magic or Wonder sail out of Galveston (we live in Texas) during that summer and offer affordable rates! I can't see spending more to sail out of our nearby port on an older ship than it would be to fly to Florida on a new ship that has much better ports.

Hoping I'm not jinxing us by posting here! :rotfl:

Fingers crossed here too! :goodvibes

Add 3 more to the Canadian Contingent on this cruise. It'll be me, DH and DS(who will be 13 at sailing time).
We're in 10658...so excited!!:cool1:

We will have to meet up on the MR cruise. My DD will almost be 8. It would be great to get them together then with plans to see one another again in 2013.

For sure.

I paid the deposit yesterday. I had it on a 5 day hold.

I think this is our spring break in 2013. I may jump ship if 1) it is not spring break or 2) the Magic or Wonder has itenaries that I can't say no to at dates/prices that I would want to travel in 2013.

Hi All,

we are booked on this cruise as well, but like a few others, it will depend on a few things. the first is going to be when our Spring Break falls..i looked at the school calendars for the past 5 years and tried to figure out the pattern..so hope I picked right. Also, we are in Houston, and we may be swayed by the Magic schedule..just depends on if the ships stays in Galveston til summer of 2013.

It is DS(15 at the time of the cruise) and me...we love cruising, and if we take what we have scheduled between now and then...this one will be our 7th Disney Cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Leslie

Just booked two connecting Family OV (7514 & 7516) rooms for our family -- at embarkation they will be DS 18, DD 15, DD12, DD10.

I am not worried about Spring Break dates, this is the week our school district ALWAYS does spring break.

This will be the 3rd cruise for DH & DS, 4th for me and the girls.

Putting the date for booking excursions/spa on Google calendar so I don't miss it!

We are booked too, me and my 2 girls who will be 12 and 10.

Looking forward to San Juan and Castaway Cay. Like St. Thomas too! Hopefully I will be able to get my oldest daughter off the ship, she loved the auquduck on the Dream and rode it almost 40 times on a 4 day cruise.

I will have 10 & 12yo girls on the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter