Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

It depends on how you booked the restaurant. If you pre-paid or it's in conjunction with a hotel stay, it's up till 9PM the day before. I believe restaurant reservations made in conjunction with a vacation package are finalized either 10 or 20 days before the check-in date of the package after which, they can't be changed. Refunds are done in JPY so subject to exchange rate fluctuations.

For regular restaurant bookings with no pre-payment, it's up till an hour before.
Thank you! It was a regular booking with no pre-payment.

Does this (https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/info/detail/2489/) mean the FS quick service restaurants will require a standby pass for entry if we don't have the "+more" package with a restaurant reservation?
That's what I think. This advanced date allows packages to book before people in the park. They will almost definitely have to get a standby pass or do mobile order. There is a kiosk, Oaken's, that's not included in that. I don't know how it will work, maybe mobile order.

I am so excited I was able to get a 2 night package for our July dates staying at Disneyland hotel. We are planning to stay 2 more nights, so I’m going to get room only for the next two since we only need one more park day from there, would love fantasy springs but will take any of the three park ones. I thought I lost out on vacation packages, I got as the site came out of overnight maintenance. We are a family of five so we got two Cinderella themed rooms in the package. I used my JetBlue MC to pay without any problem, it just asked for a security code to verify I was doing the charges. I also got a follow up text and call to make sure it wasn’t fraudulent from the fraud department. So excited!! I was so stressed thinking we wouldn’t get access to fantasy springs during our stay. The pressure is off and back to planning fun.

I have celiac so any recommendations on where to eat or how they handle allergy foods at TDL would awesome!!

I am so excited I was able to get a 2 night package for our July dates staying at Disneyland hotel. We are planning to stay 2 more nights, so I’m going to get room only for the next two since we only need one more park day from there, would love fantasy springs but will take any of the three park ones. I thought I lost out on vacation packages, I got as the site came out of overnight maintenance. We are a family of five so we got two Cinderella themed rooms in the package. I used my JetBlue MC to pay without any problem, it just asked for a security code to verify I was doing the charges. I also got a follow up text and call to make sure it wasn’t fraudulent from the fraud department. So excited!! I was so stressed thinking we wouldn’t get access to fantasy springs during our stay. The pressure is off and back to planning fun.

I have celiac so any recommendations on where to eat or how they handle allergy foods at TDL would awesome!!

Are you trying to book TDR hotels for room only or offsite/nearby? I have found those much harder to book than the package. However, Disneyland Hotel seems much easier to book than Miracosta, where my package is. Congratulations!!!

Are you trying to book TDR hotels for room only or offsite/nearby? I have found those much harder to book than the package. However, Disneyland Hotel seems much easier to book than Miracosta, where my package is. Congratulations!!!
I’m trying to get TDR hotels, I have already a room booked at the Sheraton for months now as a back up. I also have DVC and spoke yesterday on the phone with an agent about the process of booking using points. I’m going to try to do it first through TDL site since it opens earlier with the time change. If not the next morning I will call DVC. He said that they do have a small allotment of rooms given to them for DVC bookings, so it’s nice to know that I may have a second chance if I can’t get the other two nights.

I also wanted to note that when checking out after logging in, I kept getting an error message that said line 2 - what I had to do was go into my address and add a "-" as it was erroring because there was no text in that field, I don't have a an apt number etc but it wants something filled in.

I will be trying to get a MiraCosta vacation package for late January, 2025. If I understand correctly I can book 5 months in advance? How long does nightly site maintenance last? Is there a secret to securing vacation packages? I hate lines and ds doesn't have any patience, so this is the best shot as keeping both of us happy. I was at DisneySea in late January on a Friday and the crowds were intense (3 hour wait for Soarin', 2.5 hours for Journey to the Center of the Earth, 2.5 hours for Indiana Jones, etc.). I went with no plans and was able to do everything with Premier passes and Priority tickets, with the exception of Journey to the Center of the Earth, where I lined up right after entry (and waited almost 90 minutes). I also rode Indiana Jones twice -- once with PP and once in the single rider line (much slower, but not as long as the regular queue). I able to ride JTTCoE again later in the day with a PP.

The Emporium was the most popular store -- couldn't get in without a ticket until after 5:00pm when the crowds were intense inside.

I will be trying to get a MiraCosta vacation package for late January, 2025. If I understand correctly I can book 5 months in advance? How long does nightly site maintenance last? Is there a secret to securing vacation packages? I hate lines and ds doesn't have any patience, so this is the best shot as keeping both of us happy. I was at DisneySea in late January on a Friday and the crowds were intense (3 hour wait for Soarin', 2.5 hours for Journey to the Center of the Earth, 2.5 hours for Indiana Jones, etc.). I went with no plans and was able to do everything with Premier passes and Priority tickets, with the exception of Journey to the Center of the Earth, where I lined up right after entry (and waited almost 90 minutes). I also rode Indiana Jones twice -- once with PP and once in the single rider line (much slower, but not as long as the regular queue). I able to ride JTTCoE again later in the day with a PP.

The Emporium was the most popular store -- couldn't get in without a ticket until after 5:00pm when the crowds were intense inside.
Packages are released 4-5 months out in batches. Check the TDR reservation site at the bottom for updates. Maintenance is from 3-5am JT. They say on the website, and it tells you if you try at that time. Have several credit cards handy. If you can put in a travel notice or call them ahead, it might help. No foreign transaction fees is best. Do some practice runs so you can see what I do need to book, ie breakfast time, attractions and times for passes? Have a few hotels/room choices in mind, in case your first choice isn’t available. Things will probably change some by January if next year. To get no waits, you will probably still need to buy extra premiere passes and get free priority passes.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it worth it to get premier access for any of the shows or parades?

Also, for happy entry do they tell you which park you have to go into each day or do you get to pick? I’m planning to buy our park tickets soon and didn’t know if that changes things

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it worth it to get premier access for any of the shows or parades?

Also, for happy entry do they tell you which park you have to go into each day or do you get to pick? I’m planning to buy our park tickets soon and didn’t know if that changes things

For premier access, it depends on what show. You will still have to arrive early to be close to the front since there's no assigned seating. But some of the best viewing areas are for DPA.

For seasonal parades like the current Minnie @Funderland, I think DPA can be worth it because the parades stops in the middle for a dance part so DPA gets you the best spots to view this. I do not recommend DPA for Harmony in Color or Dreamlights because it's relatively easy to get a spot for those and they have no parade stop.

For Believe Sea of Dreams, I think DPA can be worth it if the area to the left near the bridge is not sold out yet. I do not recommend DPA for the front section as you will have to sit behind Japanese vacation package guests who will block your view of the water.

You get to pick which park to use happy entry for if you are staying at one of the hotels which have DisneySea as a Happy Entry option.

For premier access, it depends on what show. You will still have to arrive early to be close to the front since there's no assigned seating. But some of the best viewing areas are for DPA.

For seasonal parades like the current Minnie @Funderland, I think DPA can be worth it because the parades stops in the middle for a dance part so DPA gets you the best spots to view this. I do not recommend DPA for Harmony in Color or Dreamlights because it's relatively easy to get a spot for those and they have no parade stop.

For Believe Sea of Dreams, I think DPA can be worth it if the area to the left near the bridge is not sold out yet. I do not recommend DPA for the front section as you will have to sit behind Japanese vacation package guests who will block your view of the water.

You get to pick which park to use happy entry for if you are staying at one of the hotels which have DisneySea as a Happy Entry option.
Thank you! I was mainly thinking about Dreamlights and Believe Sea of Dreams. That’s good to know we don’t need it for Dreamlights. This trip is so different for us since we’re bringing DS. He’s not going to be able to sit for long and wait for a show so I’m trying to decide the best way to handle that.

ETA: Do you think they’ll still have the priority pass in May?

Last edited:
Thank you! I was mainly thinking about Dreamlights and Believe Sea of Dreams. That’s good to know we don’t need it for Dreamlights. This trip is so different for us since we’re bringing DS. He’s not going to be able to sit for long and wait for a show so I’m trying to decide the best way to handle that.

ETA: Do you think they’ll still have the priority pass in May?

Assuming you are going on weekdays, for Dreamlights, you can generally find a decent standing spot somewhere even shortly before the show. It starts near Haunted Mansion and goes all the way around to Toontown so you may want to start looking for spots near the beginning of the parade route. Believe is harder but if you search around an hour before, you should be able to find someplace reasonable.

Just be aware that people in standing areas will sit until a specified time that CMs tell everyone to get up so ask where the standing sections start to get an idea of how many people will be standing in front of you.

I'm not going to speculate about Priority Pass.

Assuming you are going on weekdays, for Dreamlights, you can generally find a decent standing spot somewhere even shortly before the show. It starts near Haunted Mansion and goes all the way around to Toontown so you may want to start looking for spots near the beginning of the parade route. Believe is harder but if you search around an hour before, you should be able to find someplace reasonable.

Just be aware that people in standing areas will sit until a specified time that CMs tell everyone to get up so ask where the standing sections start to get an idea of how many people will be standing in front of you.

Can you watch Believe from the fortress?

TDR announced the continuation of the 40th passes. I presume they wouldn't just keep it for a month. The update is at the top under the title.

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdl/guide/prioritypass.html

Someone pointed out elsewhere that the Disneyland happy entry is changing a bit in June as well.

Dates when Happy Entry is not available​

Tokyo Disneyland:
  • Not available on June 9, 29 and 30, 2024 to guests staying at Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta and Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel Fantasy Chateau*.
    *Available to guests staying at Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel Grand Chateau.

Some of the dates seem a bit strange, but I am not familiar with holidays in Japan either. Not sure if this is related to Fantasy Springs impacts or totally unrelated.

Someone pointed out elsewhere that the Disneyland happy entry is changing a bit in June as well.

Dates when Happy Entry is not available​

Tokyo Disneyland:
  • Not available on June 9, 29 and 30, 2024 to guests staying at Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta and Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel Fantasy Chateau*.
    *Available to guests staying at Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel Grand Chateau.

Some of the dates seem a bit strange, but I am not familiar with holidays in Japan either. Not sure if this is related to Fantasy Springs impacts or totally unrelated.
Random Happy Entry question…if staying at Mira Costa do you have to go to the main DisneySea park entrance for happy 15 or do you use the Mira Costa exclusive entrance? Thanks!

Random Happy Entry question…if staying at Mira Costa do you have to go to the main DisneySea park entrance for happy 15 or do you use the Mira Costa exclusive entrance? Thanks!
I could be wrong but I believe you have to use the regular entrance for happy 15. I don't think the exclusive entrance opens until a little later in the morning or maybe at regular opening. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got from the recent video from TDR Explorer.

I haven't been yet, but my understanding is the MiraCosta exclusive entrance doesn't open until later in the day (like 10:00 am?), so for Happy 15 you go through a special security line at the main entrance. I watched a youtube video that looked like the special security line is all the way to the right side and then once through that, you line up at the turnstiles. To get to the special security line, there was an outdoor staircase at MiraCosta (ask at check-in) but if you miss that, you can also ask cast members near the regular security lines and they can direct you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter