Fast Passes at different park? Did I make this up?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Ok for some reason I feel like I read or heard somewhere that now you can split your FP up with different parks. So do 2 at MK and then the last at Epcot. Is that correct or did I totally dream that haha.

You didn't make it up but you may not have been clear on how you do it.
You can't prebook FP in different parks.
You can book them day off by only booking 1 or 2 in park 1 in advance and then booking for Park 2 as soon as you scan the first FP in park 1

You can book them day off by only booking 1 or 2 in park 1 in advance and then booking for Park 2 as soon as you scan the first FP in park 1
I thought that you had to book all three in the first park and then you could book a forth one in another park when you use your third one. When did it change? Does anyone have a link to the announcement?

Oh well thats doesn't really benefit anyone much if you have to wait bc whats the chance what you want at another park will be available that day? Might as well Book your three in advance at one park and then the day of just book #4 at another park? Is that possible?

The FP FAQ Addendum has the steps for park hopping and booking FPs.

You can pre-book 1, 2, or 3 FPs for your first park of the day.

The Addendum is linked in the FP FAQ and in mesaboy2's Signature.

Oh well thats doesn't really benefit anyone much if you have to wait bc whats the chance what you want at another park will be available that day? Might as well Book your three in advance at one park and then the day of just book #4 at another park? Is that possible?
There are lots available that day. We do it every trip
And yes, you can book 4th FP at another park too.

I thought that you had to book all three in the first park and then you could book a forth one in another park when you use your third one. When did it change? Does anyone have a link to the announcement?
Changed a year or so back, maybe more. No announcement. As hiro posted, it's all covered in the FP FAQ

If I have 3 FP booked for the first park, can I cancel 1 of the FP in that park while I am there and then book the 3rd FP for the 2nd park?

( We have 1 late afternoon FP we may decide to not use and go back to hotel)

If I have 3 FP booked for the first park, can I cancel 1 of the FP in that park while I am there and then book the 3rd FP for the 2nd park?

( We have 1 late afternoon FP we may decide to not use and go back to hotel)
Yes. It will count as #3 of your initial 3 FPs.

Changed a year or so back, maybe more. No announcement. As hiro posted, it's all covered in the FP FAQ

This blog entry from April 9, 2016 covers it.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/04/09/big-changes-for-fastpass-walt-disney-world/

While it does not specifically indicate that you can make your 4th FP+ at another park, adding the ability to book the first non-prebooked FP+ on the app effectively opened up this possibility. Previously, you had to travel to the other park (I believe) and book it at a kiosk.

This blog entry from April 9, 2016 covers it.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/04/09/big-changes-for-fastpass-walt-disney-world/

While it does not specifically indicate that you can make your 4th FP+ at another park, adding the ability to book the first non-prebooked FP+ on the app effectively opened up this possibility. Previously, you had to travel to the other park (I believe) and book it at a kiosk.
Sorry, should have been more clear. No announcement from Disney on how to book 2 in advance and then book the 3rd in another park as soon as you scan for the first FP, so you can hold FP in multiple parks at the same time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter