• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attending MNSSHP in October and read conflicting info about FP for the special event. Can I set FP if I am only going to party that day? MDE appears to let me set it but don't want any other days to be cancelled

Can you book FP+ at different parks in the same day, such as if you are doing a half day at AK and a half at Epcot; could you book a FOP and a Soaring?

We have a group of 10+ arriving in October, with half the group arriving on a Sunday and the other half on Monday. All booked packages. How should we handle booking for the whole group? Wait until the 60 days opens for everyone? Thanks!

We have a group of 10+ arriving in October, with half the group arriving on a Sunday and the other half on Monday. All booked packages. How should we handle booking for the whole group? Wait until the 60 days opens for everyone? Thanks!
When the 1st window opens, you'll be able to book for everyone if all the MDE accounts and family members are linked.

Attending MNSSHP in October and read conflicting info about FP for the special event. Can I set FP if I am only going to party that day? MDE appears to let me set it but don't want any other days to be cancelled
You should be able to book between 3:30 and 6:30. There have been reports of folks having issues after the fact, though, so just watch for any email alerts. This is the first year there have been reports of problems booking FPs on a party ticket, so may be a sign of things to come....

i have a question about the "Find Photographers" feature in the MDE app.......do they show you where there are actual photographers *at that moment*, or is it just a listing of where they generally are found??

The initial info says that booking less than three FP does not work as a shortcut to getting more Tier 1 FP. Is that true even for a different park? In a Facebook group, people are saying they are able to book a Tier 1 in one park, then after using it, book another Tier 1 for a different park immediately.

The initial info says that booking less than three FP does not work as a shortcut to getting more Tier 1 FP. Is that true even for a different park? In a Facebook group, people are saying they are able to book a Tier 1 in one park, then after using it, book another Tier 1 for a different park immediately.
Tiering doesn't matter between parks.

Example: FEA in Epcot for FP#1. Then when in the FEA line, book TSMM for DHS and NRJ for AK. :)

Here's the exact quote, red emphasis added:
A second Group 1 attraction in the same park can be scheduled only as a 4th FP or beyond. In other words, scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day in a tiered park is not a shortcut to getting a second Group 1 FP in the same park faster.

i have a question about the "Find Photographers" feature in the MDE app.......do they show you where there are actual photographers *at that moment*, or is it just a listing of where they generally are found??

I can't imagine MDX is capable of providing this info in real-time. Heck, I don't even trust the general locations it lists.

Here's the exact quote, red emphasis added:

Additional / Day-Of FastPasses / Kiosk Locations
- Only 4th FPs (and beyond) are not subject to tiering limitations. Scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day is not a shortcut to getting additional Group 1 FPs faster.

Sorry, I see that info now. At first I only saw the above quote on the first page. Thanks to you and @hiroMYhero for the help!!

So we were having some issues with customer service and our planning process with Disney so far.

I contacted a wonderful cast member who not only helped solve our issues but gave us an extra 2 FP/person/per day.

She didn't explain those other than saying thatthey don't need scheduled, and couldn't be used on select attractions. Does anyone have an experience with these/how they work?

So we were having some issues with customer service and our planning process with Disney so far.

I contacted a wonderful cast member who not only helped solve our issues but gave us an extra 2 FP/person/per day.

She didn't explain those other than saying thatthey don't need scheduled, and couldn't be used on select attractions. Does anyone have an experience with these/how they work?
If you click on the FP in MDE it should tell you what's excluded. Other than those, you can use them anywhere else. Simply walk up and scan at any time.

Pardon my density, but I may have B2B RO reservations sometime next year. Please let me know if I understand what I read on page 1 of this thread correctly (and from your later posts):

1) I can prebook FP from 60 days out from day 1 of my first reservation to the end of my second reservation, as long as I have linked ticket media, correct?

2) If I only purchase a 7-day ticket for a total 10-day visit, I can prebook FPs for any 7 of those 10 days, correct? But, I would have to buy 3 more days of ticket media to prebook all 10-days, correct?

3) If, heaven forbid, I have to cancel one of the two B2B RO reservations after I have prebooked FPs, I assume that all FPs from the cancelled reservation will drop off automatically, but do I still get to keep my prebooked FPs for the remaining reservation?

Thanks for your help, I've enjoyed reading your comments.

Pardon my density, but I may have B2B RO reservations sometime next year. Please let me know if I understand what I read on page 1 of this thread correctly (and from your later posts):

1) I can prebook FP from 60 days out from day 1 of my first reservation to the end of my second reservation, as long as I have linked ticket media, correct?

2) If I only purchase a 7-day ticket for a total 10-day visit, I can prebook FPs for any 7 of those 10 days, correct? But, I would have to buy 3 more days of ticket media to prebook all 10-days, correct?

3) If, heaven forbid, I have to cancel one of the two B2B RO reservations after I have prebooked FPs, I assume that all FPs from the cancelled reservation will drop off automatically, but do I still get to keep my prebooked FPs for the remaining reservation?

Sounds like you have #1 and #2 right. Not sure I can confidently answer #3.

1. Yes
2. Yes and yes.
3. If you Cancel any portion of your stay, all pre-booked FPs remain intact. Your reservations open the window, your tickets allow the FPs to remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter