FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should know this (and I think I do), but just checking. MDE accounts for my daughter and I are linked - she created an MDE account for her dad(my ex) and linked her account to his, but he is not linked to me. Can I book FPs for him(since he is linked to my daughter) or does his account need to be linked to mine?
When you book your FPs, login to your daughter's MDE account and you can book for all involved. :)

When you book your FPs, login to your daughter's MDE account and you can book for all involved. :)

Got another question. I am now linked to his account so I can see him and his hotel reservation(they don't have tickets yet). He manages another person on his account - once they purchase tickets will I be able to book FPs for him and the person he manages?

Got another question. I am now linked to his account so I can see him and his hotel reservation(they don't have tickets yet). He manages another person on his account - once they purchase tickets will I be able to book FPs for him and the person he manages?
If you add the "other" to your MDE, you basically go through the same steps as when you added him. Then after he Accepts and you finish the steps on your end, you can book for everyone.

Okay, heading to Disney next summer and am trying to clear something up. My family will be staying offsite. My brother's family and my parents will be staying onsite. We will all be touring parks all together for 5 days. I thought I read that my family (offsite guests) could book fastpasses 60 days out with my brother's family and parents if we linked our MDX accounts. My brother's travel agent is saying we will NOT be able to do that. Has anyone tried this and it worked? Am I crazy or is the travel agent right?

Okay, heading to Disney next summer and am trying to clear something up. My family will be staying offsite. My brother's family and my parents will be staying onsite. We will all be touring parks all together for 5 days. I thought I read that my family (offsite guests) could book fastpasses 60 days out with my brother's family and parents if we linked our MDX accounts. My brother's travel agent is saying we will NOT be able to do that. Has anyone tried this and it worked? Am I crazy or is the travel agent right?
The TA is incorrect.

Book FPs for the complete group and everyone shares the open FP window.

ETA: From the Booking Section of this thread:
Note: If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.

Looking for confirmation on FP booking window for split stay...off-site 2 nights, then on-site 2 nights, will have APs.

We are looking at going Nov 9-13 but there is limited resort room availability on-site for 9th and 10th. I have an off-site reservation currently for the whole trip but concerned about FP availability at 30 days. Considering the option of staying off-site the first 2 nights and then on-site the third and fourth nights. I know I will not get to book FPs until 60+ days prior to the 11th (on-site check in day). But with our APs, when that window open up, will I also be able to book FPs for the preceding days that I am staying off site? Total days of FP booked would not exceed 7. Essentially this would allow me to book FPs for the first 2 offsite days at 58 days prior which would be much better than 30 days.

We have a 2 night DVC stay coming up in late September and it's been added to both mine & my DH MDE accounts. Today he got an email telling him to customize his MagicBand and confirm the shipping address, but when he goes to his MDE there is nothing there to customize on the "MagicBands & Cards" page. His previous Active Band is there but nothing else. Same on my account. We have ParkHopper tickets linked to our MDE as well. Has anyone encountered this before? I can call the Customer Serv number but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but I did some searching on the boards and couldn't find an answer.

We have a 2 night DVC stay coming up in late September and it's been added to both mine & my DH MDE accounts. Today he got an email telling him to customize his MagicBand and confirm the shipping address, but when he goes to his MDE there is nothing there to customize on the "MagicBands & Cards" page. His previous Active Band is there but nothing else. Same on my account. We have ParkHopper tickets linked to our MDE as well. Has anyone encountered this before? I can call the Customer Serv number but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but I did some searching on the boards and couldn't find an answer.
If the room reservation is showing on the 'My Reservations & Tickets' page and no pending MagicBand order, then you need to call.

If the room reservation is showing on the 'My Reservations & Tickets' page and no pending MagicBand order, then you need to call.

Thank you for confirming. That's what I was thinking but wanted to check with fellow DIS'ers who are the real experts. :earsboy::earsgirl:

Strange things can happen when trying to link accounts. Just saying. We tried to open an MDX account for my cousin, so I could use her phone to book our 4th FP+. We messed it up somehow (our fault) but when we talked to the CM to straighten it out she eliminate several FP+'s that I had already booked. Once we saw that we called back and the new CM said what I was telling her was impossible, that it couldn't happen. Well....it did. She tried to tell me it was something I did, and I knew it wasn't. I had to argue with her, very politely of course, until she finally looked up what the other CM did and admitted that she saw what happened. Her supervisor had to override the system to get those FP+ back. Thank goodness, they were the really hard ones to get at AK! But for a few minutes there, I was panicking, especially when she was telling me that I did something. So...my advice...be patient and don't give up if some glitchy thing happens. And don't let them tell you that what your saying is "not possible to happen"! It can and does happen. Anyway, it all worked out in the end, and the CM was very apologetic.

Strange things can happen when trying to link accounts. Just saying. We tried to open an MDX account for my cousin, so I could use her phone to book our 4th FP+. We messed it up somehow (our fault) but when we talked to the CM to straighten it out she eliminate several FP+'s that I had already booked. Once we saw that we called back and the new CM said what I was telling her was impossible, that it couldn't happen. Well....it did. She tried to tell me it was something I did, and I knew it wasn't. I had to argue with her, very politely of course, until she finally looked up what the other CM did and admitted that she saw what happened. Her supervisor had to override the system to get those FP+ back. Thank goodness, they were the really hard ones to get at AK! But for a few minutes there, I was panicking, especially when she was telling me that I did something. So...my advice...be patient and don't give up if some glitchy thing happens. And don't let them tell you that what your saying is "not possible to happen"! It can and does happen. Anyway, it all worked out in the end, and the CM was very apologetic.
Thanks for sharing.

In the future if you are ever going to the parks with someone who doesn't have their own MDE and you need to use their phone, just login through the phone's browser using your own login info.

You can even login to the app that's installed in anyone's phone by using your own login info.

Currently in Scotland on vacation and was able to do some of the FP selections when our 60 day window opened Wednesday but now when I go in to modify I get an "oops message" basically telling me the page is under construction. Sent an email to Disney and basically got a robo reply to call so no help at all... anybody else having problems or could the issue be the Scotland wifi connection! TIA!

I was just modifying them on the web using my laptop at my home here in the US and did not experience any issues. Not sure if you are using the mobile app or the web. I checked the app too and that is working. Must be the Scottish wifi! Enjoy your trip. Say hi to Merida for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter