FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this reply! So, just to be clear. Were you able to pre-book 2 FP selections on a day when you only had a party ticket? My FP scheduling window is coming up and I am trying to understand if that party day is a day when I can search for a FP between 4-5pm, and 5-6pm in advance. Thank you for your help with this question.

Yep! When we were just there in August, all we had was a party ticket until later in the week. I was able to book a couple of FP at MK for the 4pm-6pm timeframe with no issues.

The year before, we had a party ticket and regular park tickets. Was still able to book all my regular FP for the other parks we were planning to hit, and FP at MK for the window before the party (we never do any park visits on party day - I sleep in so I'm rested for the late night!)

You can book FP that INCLUDE 4pm - so you can actually start your FP search for times closer to 3:30 since those windows end at 4:30.

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I have searched this thread thought I understood what would happen when my booking window opened this morning.

We have a split stay booked with one night at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace and six nights at Port Orleans Riverside. Since Buena Vista Palace is entitled to 60 day fast pass bookings, I thought our window would open for the entire stay at both resorts.

However, only the first night opened. I contacted Disney and they said it is because it is two separate reservations. Is this correct? If it is that’s fine, but I wanted to be sure.

Even if the hotel has 60 day FP privileges, it is not a Disney onsite resort reservation, so that is correct. You have one FP window that starts 60 days from your offsite stay, and one that starts 60 days from your onsite stay.

I just want to be clear on the issue of split stays.
My fast pass window opens on Saturday with our first hotel Pop Century where we will be staying one night. We will then be moving to BWV for the next 3 days and then finally AKV for the last 5 days. Can I make fast passes for all three Disney resort stays on Saturday or do I have to wait until 60 days from each reservation?
I have been told different answers so I want to be sure.
Thanks so much

My fastpass window is quickly approaching. I have a question regarding DHS and SWGE in particular. When will we know IF there will be boarding groups activated for entry with regards to ROTR opening on Dec. 5th? I am trying to plan my fastpasses and this kind of throws a wrench into my planning...making me more nervous and stressed out than I already am in regards to fastpasses. I do have an Oga's Cantina 10:25am morning ressie...so my understanding is if boarding is activated I can get in at 9:25am...???...so make all my fastpasses for the afternoon then in the rest of the park?

My fastpass window is quickly approaching. I have a question regarding DHS and SWGE in particular. When will we know IF there will be boarding groups activated for entry with regards to ROTR opening on Dec. 5th? I am trying to plan my fastpasses and this kind of throws a wrench into my planning...making me more nervous and stressed out than I already am in regards to fastpasses. I do have an Oga's Cantina 10:25am morning ressie...so my understanding is if boarding is activated I can get in at 9:25am...???...so make all my fastpasses for the afternoon then in the rest of the park?

The honest answer? you won't know until they activate Boarding passes. It's dynamic, meaning it's not something they put on a schedule. They watch park capacity and guests wanting to get in the land, and there is a threshold at which they will activate boarding passes. When the crowds drop below that threshold, they will stop using the boarding pass system - it could literally be made active and then inactive multiple times in a day depending on flow of people.

That said, I'd expect it to be activated pretty quickly after rope drop on opening day of RotR - whether it stays active all day or not will depend on the actual crowd levels.

RE: your Oga's reservation - if they are doing boarding passes you won't need to get one in order to make your reservation, but if they do the same thing that they did with SWGE opening, you would be able to check into SWGE 30 minutes (not an hour) prior to your reservation.

The honest answer? you won't know until they activate Boarding passes. It's dynamic, meaning it's not something they put on a schedule. They watch park capacity and guests wanting to get in the land, and there is a threshold at which they will activate boarding passes. When the crowds drop below that threshold, they will stop using the boarding pass system - it could literally be made active and then inactive multiple times in a day depending on flow of people.

That said, I'd expect it to be activated pretty quickly after rope drop on opening day of RotR - whether it stays active all day or not will depend on the actual crowd levels.

RE: your Oga's reservation - if they are doing boarding passes you won't need to get one in order to make your reservation, but if they do the same thing that they did with SWGE opening, you would be able to check into SWGE 30 minutes (not an hour) prior to your reservation.
Please forgive my ignorance on this subject...but how will I know if the boarding pass system is activated? Does it show in MDE app?

Question relating to HS and Fastpasses, as my FP day is Saturday. I'm a little confused with the changes at HS. Can I simply book one Tier 1 FP, and then when it's used try for another, or do I have to book the other 2 Tier 2 and use them before trying for another Tier 1?

I'll actually be at the park on December 5 when RotR opens, so I plan on being there when the park opens to get on at least one of the two GE rides. Hoping for EEMH, but not holding my breath.

Thanks in advance.

Question relating to HS and Fastpasses, as my FP day is Saturday. I'm a little confused with the changes at HS. Can I simply book one Tier 1 FP, and then when it's used try for another, or do I have to book the other 2 Tier 2 and use them before trying for another Tier 1?

I'll actually be at the park on December 5 when RotR opens, so I plan on being there when the park opens to get on at least one of the two GE rides. Hoping for EEMH, but not holding my breath.

Thanks in advance.
You have to use 2 tier 2 FP's before getting another tier 1 when staying in the same park.

I have a question about modifying FPs before a trip. Does the system show you times when you already have a FP booked? In other words, let's say I have a Splash FP for 10-11 and I'm trying to modify a 7DMT FP time. If the only available 7DMT FP is at 10, will the site show it to me or not? Thanks!

I have a question about modifying FPs before a trip. Does the system show you times when you already have a FP booked? In other words, let's say I have a Splash FP for 10-11 and I'm trying to modify a 7DMT FP time. If the only available 7DMT FP is at 10, will the site show it to me or not? Thanks!
No it won't.

Yes - all are onsite Disney Resorts.
I wanted to say thanks for the information that I could make all of my fast passes at one time when I had 3 different Disney resort reservations that were back to back. I was able to do this 60 days out from the first reservation. Thanks so much for the info.
I had to call Disney to get some other things worked out on My Disney Experience and I asked the cast member if I would be able to do this. She told me no. I asked her if she had heard of the DIS. She told me she had. I told her that the people on the DIS who knew a lot about this said I would be able to do this. She said if the DIS said I could there was a good chance that I would be able to. She told me the information they have is that you can't but she hoped I received Pixie dust and was able to make all the reservations at one time :)

Am I understanding things correctly? My family of 6 will be on site for 8 nights and my cousins family of 5 will be off site.

If we’re linked on MDE, can I book FPs for all 11 of us starting at 60 days from my check in date? Any caveats I should be aware of?

If I schedule a Fastpass during or intersecting with a meal-time, or an experience like Savi’s, will the system force me to cancel the ADR, change the Fast Pass or neither, allowing me to determine my schedule after getting all of my fastpasses?

Avatar went down yesterday afternoon and I was given a replacement fast pass. I read it and it said it was good through the end of the 8th. I read it again while at Epcot last night just to be sure I wouldn’t be wasting it if I waited another day. And yet here we are on the morning of the 8th and it’s gone. Awesome.

For the record. I’ve had these before and know they usually end same day. This one was different or at least I thought it was.

Last edited:
If I schedule a Fastpass during or intersecting with a meal-time, or an experience like Savi’s, will the system force me to cancel the ADR, change the Fast Pass or neither, allowing me to determine my schedule after getting all of my fastpasses?

Fastpasses and ADRs aren't tied together (meaning you wouldn't have to cancel one or the other), but the system will alert you that you have something scheduled at that time. Fastpasses have a 1 hour window so overlap definitely happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter