Fastpass return or replacement?

Will I be able to purchase this on my ticket before I go

If it's like Maxpass, yes. When you buy through Disney or even through a 3rd party, you could buy the tickets with or without Maxpass. Or you could buy Maxpass separate if you wanted it the day you went. Unlike Genie, you had to wait till you were scanned in the park to make your first Maxpass selection. That's still the case at DLR but not at WDW.

This could be the final straw that tips the "should we move away from Orlando" scale. FastPass+ is the only thing that makes the place bearable. Having to pay $15 a person on top of a ticket? Not gonna do it. I wish Universal was a more enjoyable place to be - our tickets there provide the equivalent of a fast pass after 4 pm.

Okay, trying to catch up.

So...

$15 per day, per person, to book the average rides.
Then an extra fee above and beyond that to book the headliners, to a max of only 2 per day.
PLUS changes coming to DAS...

Hopefully they release the rest of the details before too long on DAS and what rides are included, because our Disney trip just potentially got quite a bit shorter.

For those of us doing WDW as a vacation I think it's much more bearable than for locals. Adding $15/person/day to is really a small cost (albeit annoying and harder for larger families) in the grand scheme of a Disney trip. Locals may not take so favourably to it.
That leaves me wondering if this is going to be included in certain AP levels (FL resident) with a built in up front cost.

I just mean if you pay the $15 for Genie+, if they’re saying 40 rides fall under that, it can’t be THAT many headliners that you have to pay the additional upcharge for!

Didn't the old Fastpass system have similar tiers? Tier 1 rides at MK were 7D, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain? You only could get 1 of those and 2 tier 2 FP+, right?

And I am assuming that the super headliners extra price will fluctuate with crowds so it is $15/day plus who knows how much. Going off of DLP you would assume another $30 a day for 2 rides at a minimum.

I'm confused. The announcement seems to suggest that the most popular rides -- the only one specifically mentioned is SDMT -- will not be available on Genie+. Instead, you can purchase up to two rides per day on those attractions, at dynamic pricing.

But one of the screen shots posted above (on page 89) shows SDD as an option that is included in Genie+. And the next screen shot seems to show Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin as one of the rides that can be purchased separately.

I think the paid “individual attraction” option is highly problematic. On top of +$75 per day for my family of 5, I suspect many of our favorites/must-dos are going to be on that extra paid list. And they haven’t even published the price. If it’s $10/pp for 2 rides a day, that’s another $100 a day. My 7 park days potentially are going to cost me $1,225 (to get what I used to get for free).

I’m currently booked for Poly in November and there’s no Mods to switch into, which I would do in a second now that I’m seeing no value in Deluxe. Unless we just cancel completely which is possible. But I don’t even know if this will even be in place.

And in the past, I could stay up late one night and get all my FastPasses at once. Now I need to wake up at 7am EVERYDAY of my actual vacation to the stress of trying to have fast fingers to set everything up?!

Personally I HATE this and am supremely disappointed in Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter