Favorite Offsite Restaurant? Locals encouraged!

Another vote for the Celebration Town Tavern. There was a special there a few weeks ago, two 1 pound real Maine lobsters for $25 (I think). Not bad. And they did not cook them to death. Testament to the owners' heritage.

Also, Cafe D'Antonio in Celebration. Excellent Italian. Ask for the Sachetti, might not be on the menu, but the usually have it. Little pasta "purses" stuffed with proscuitto and fontina in a nice cream sauce.

I am planning to try a local BBQ place that is off the beaten path but I apparently legendary. I'll report back after I have cleaned my fingers of rib juice.

Ted

Maggiano's Little Italy in Orlando is great. It is a national chain from Lettuce Entertain You. It does an excellent family style, all you can eat, for around $23 per person (4 person minimum). You get a choice of 2 appetizers, 2 salads, 2 pastas, 2 entrees/meats and 2 desserts. The food is innovative, not just your average spaghetti n' gravy. Their Rigatoni D with Chicken and mushroom Marsala is to die for, as are the profiteroles and apple crostada. The choices go from regular spaghetti to citrus glazed salmon on a bed of fresh spinach. Great for the price! :thumbsup2

Our last 2 trips we have eaten at Black Angus and Race Rock on I-drive. This year we also ate at Beef O'Brady's. They have good wings!

We just got back from Orlando last night. I had some very good baby back ribs at Tony Roma's - near Friendly's - on I Drive. The server told me that they are running an "all you can eat special" [$23 bucks] on the baby backs "during the slow season" and that the special would last through "at least Thanksgiving." I had missed lunch and was able to get thru 1.5 slabs and ended up taking 1/2 a slab back to the room. I zappped them the next day for lunch .... Mmmmm Mmmmm good.

I like Sweet Tomatoes, too, mickeymousemom! It's like $8 for all-you-can-eat salad bar/soup bar/breads/pasta/dessert. Very yummy and satisfying.

Seasons 52 on Sand Lake...I've never had a bad meal here.

Bahama Breeze...there are several around.

Cafe Tu Tu Tango on I-drive...delicious, but can get very noisy.

Charley's is good, but I'm not big on spending that much money for dinner.

We just went to the Samba Room on West Sand Lake this past Saturday night, and it was quite good. Service was spectacular - put to shame all the WDW restaurants we've been to lately.
http://www.sambaroom.net/

Cheers!
Heather W

hmp2z said:
We just went to the Samba Room on West Sand Lake this past Saturday night, and it was quite good. Service was spectacular - put to shame all the WDW restaurants we've been to lately.
http://www.sambaroom.net/

Cheers!
Heather W

Fun site, love the music. I'm originally from Dade County and when I ate meat, I loved Ropa Vieja.

Btw, I saw a man who looked exactly like your husband exiting PW at the AK Saturday morning!

We're at WDW now and tried Celebration Town Tavern last night on Otter49's recommendation. Excellent choice....very good food, reasonable prices, and away from the hustle and bustle of onsite restaurants. We'll plan on making this a stop on future visits. Very nice variety on the menu......something for everyone in your group. We were there about 7:30 on a Wednesday evening......not crowded and service was excellent. DH had steamed clams and lobster roll, strawberry shortcake for dessert. Our friends, Colleen and Jerry, had steamed clams, baby back ribs (Otter49.......she said they WERE delicious and key lime pie for dessert. I opted for an open faced turkey sandwich, very good with fresh turkey, cornbread stuffing on side....no dessert for me after all that turkey and stuffing!!

Can anybody give me an address for the Celebration Town Tavern? I can't pull up their website for some reason.

We love Villa De Flora at the Gaylord Palms, Seasons 52, Del Friscos, Don Pablo's, Charley's, and The Melting Pot.

Thanks for ALL of the GREAT suggestions! I have a nice list of a variety of places now. This has proven to be a very helpful thread to me. I hope others have benefited also.

Let's keep it going....who else would like to share their favorite off-site restaurant(s)? Please post a link (if you can) to your favorite eatin' joint.

:thumbsup2

We ate at Cafe tu tu tango. It was on Internatinal Dr. The menu was all Tapas items. They had artists working in diferent stations and dancers. And then some guy who made ballon art and I call it art because you had no idea anyone could do something like that with a balloon. It was alot of fun good food adn entertainment.

Hands down, FAT BOYS on 192. The best BBQ beans in the world! I was born in Kissimmee and still have family there. Every time any of us go, we absolutely have to stop and get Fat Boys. It's everyones favorite from the kids to my late great grandparents.

Windermere Grill next to Publix at corner of 535 and Fiquette Road. Excellent steaks and some very nice wines by the bottle and glass priced reasonably. The Sushi bar/Chinese Restaurant next to it is excellent as well imho.
MoonCrickets in downtown Winter Garden. 99 different brews and some decent food.
Other favorites have already been mentioned. pirate:

We always go to Cheesecake Factory. We don't have any in MI. I have been to the one at Mall at Millenia and the one in Winter Park. I prefer the one in WP, isn't nearly as crowed as MaM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter