Favorite Running Shoes

Saucony Guide. Nothing fancy, but has served me well the past few years!

Brooks Glycerin. The smoothest, most cushioned shoe I've ever found.

Brooks Ghost, like in my avatar. I've probably had (possibly still have) a dozen pair. I can take them out of the box and do a long run with no issues.

I have the Brooke Pureflow and I'm kind of embarrassed to admit they are about two years old now!

I like my asics. I went to a running store, they had me run on a treadmill and watched/videoed my gait to get the best shoes for me.

Asics Gel Noosa. Got the 7's when I started because I liked the look, but they shockingly must also be well fitted for my gait because I've never had blister issues or any significant foot/leg injuries. Maybe my legs and feet are resilient and I wouldn't have had issues in basically any shoe, but I still like the aesthetic of the shoe (in my first pair of 10s now) and I'm not gonna fix what ain't broke.

Does the cutie in the avatar run with you?

I'm afraid not. He gives it up after about a mile. It's hard to train when a 60lb bulldog decides it's time to take a break and lays down in the grass.

Mizuno Wave Creations...

I typically buy last years colors on ebay or a shoe clearance store because I hate to pay full price for them. I tried them on at a running store and then found them online.

I'm afraid not. He gives it up after about a mile. It's hard to train when a 60lb bulldog decides it's time to take a break and lays down in the grass.
I have the same problem with my 100 pound Great Pyrenees. He would be happy if I would carry him home.

I am a severe overpronator and have had foot issues my whole life so shoes are my most important purchase. I don't focus on brands or models but rather a shoe that supports my feet. I recently retired a pair of New Balance shoes that I absolutely loved! The replacement pair are Brooks and I am equally in love. They were easy to break in and are very comfortable. I say, find what works for you. =)

I just bought my second pair of Hokas (conquest) to use for next running season,I've used them only a couple of times and right now I'm having the same thoughts I had last year with my old pair,that they seem too stiff and since they're so big they're bothering me a bit around the ankle,apparently they take a little time to break in and get loose but if they're anything like my other pair from last year (Stinson tarmacs)I'll be very happy with them.They're not the lightest or most flexible shoe brand but what they do well they do very well,and that's reduce the pounding from running a lot of miles.They are literally the most heavily cushioned shoe brand you can find and if you get used to running in them you really miss the cushioning when you don't run in them.Another thing I noticed from the Stinson Tarmacs is that they are seriously durable with very little wear for the amount of miles I put in them.The best thing about my new ones is that I got them for $110 off their original sale price,they are last year's model but I'm fine with that.

I wear Asics Nimbus 17's. They are liked running on clouds. I need a new pair soon and I may go with the Cummulus 17's. They are very soft too but a bit lighter and less money. We'll see.

Skora Core. Also, Skora Fit. Any Skoras, pretty much. :) LOVE them.

Minimalist (you can adjust the extent by leaving in or removing the insole), fit like gloves, and a have nice wide toebox.

Regular shoes make my knees ache. I'm an underpronator with high arches, narrow heel and wide-ish forefoot.

Same as OldSlowGoofyGuy I hae to go with Brooks Ghost. I have found it to be a great neutral shoe, light and very comfortable. The only downfall has been how quick the tred wears. Still a great shoe!

I wear Asics Nimbus 17's. They are liked running on clouds. I need a new pair soon and I may go with the Cummulus 17's. They are very soft too but a bit lighter and less money. We'll see.

Agreed. I also have the Asics Gel-Nimbus 17s. I have 5 pairs and at $150 each they are expensive but perfect for me. I also went to a running store to get my gait observed and since I have no pronation/supination I was told to get those - and I did.

I think a followup question for everyone is also, how many miles do you put on them...currently two of my pairs are at around 400 miles and my 3rd pair is at 18 - the rest are in reserve and I will have to get rid of those first 2 soon.

I end up getting 350-400 miles on my shoes. It's about that point when I can feel them not doing their job for my feet anymore. I start rotating a new pair in when my current pair reaches 250.

I currently have the Asics GT-2000s. I have recently purchase the newest version and have started to break them in. I have also worn a pair of Hoka Bondi 4s. I think I may have gotten a 1/2 too small. They have given me blisters in areas that I normally haven't gotten blisters before. :/

The Mizuno Wave Inspires were my first pair of running shoes, and I really liked them. They got about 300 miles before I started to get really bad shin splints and decided they were probably worn out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter