Favorite Running Shoes

I liked asics kayanos but didn't run in them as much as I should have... I started running a bit last year but didn't get into it much and then something happened with my other sneakers so I started just wearing this around...

Now running again but got asics GT-2000s at the moment that I also like, however I wonder if they are a bit too small as about half way through the run they start to hurt my toes.

Back in 2012 when I made a conscious effort to up the mileage, I started to get a bad case of shin splints. I eventually ended up in NB860 and that solved the problem. I haven't looked back since.

It's a bonus, too, that the NB/Disney shoes use the 860. So, my Sorcerer Mickey shoes are my favorite of the favorite and I use them for all the races (and training leading up to the race). My retired racers become my every day walking around shoe - I look like a dork with the stars and moon on the lowers but I'm a kid at heart.

I hope they still might have a pair (or 2) left at the DL Half so I can re-stock!

I have a tendency to underpronate (supination), so several years ago when I started running again, I invested in a pair of Lady Isaac's by Newton. I think I saw recently that they have discontinued that line, but I'm going to get a new pair of whatever the new equivalent is...my latest pair were new balance, but they're almost gone now and the Newton's were the best shoe I ever owned. They really helped me correct my stride!

I'm seconding the Brooks Glycerin. I got some fitted when I started running seriously and I'm madly in love with them.

After wearing the minimalist shoe, I put on a pair of old Etonics to do some yard work. I felt like I was wearing combat boots. I don't think I will ever go back to anything but a minimalist. The only thing I noticed about the Pure Flow is that walking in them is difficult. They are built for running and the way a foot moves in a run, not a walk.

I've always been an Asics Nimbus guy. I have 630 miles on my current pair which i use only on easy recovery days and they are still super comfortable.

Back in March I found some Mizuno Wave Rider 17's on sale for $50 so I bought a couple of pairs and really like them. They are light, but a tad bit on the firm side. Not too firm though as I've had no issues with them on longer runs. I will likely not get much more than 450 miles on them.

After wearing the minimalist shoe, I put on a pair of old Etonics to do some yard work. I felt like I was wearing combat boots. I don't think I will ever go back to anything but a minimalist. The only thing I noticed about the Pure Flow is that walking in them is difficult. They are built for running and the way a foot moves in a run, not a walk.

I know what you mean! My Nike Free5.0's are like a transition to minimalist shoes, with a much lower heel drop. I am running on the treadmill now because of the heat and humidity and when I step off, if I lean back it feels like I am falling backwards. I have to be careful, lol!

I am the Imelda Marcos of running shoes. Currently I do my long runs in Adidas Energy Boosts and tempo runs in Adidas Adios boost. I do short intervals in Saucony A5s. My fun trail shoes are Hoka One One Rapa Nuis. Prior to that my go to shoes had been Asics Cumulous 14s.

I am in love with my Asics Nimbus shoes. I had the Cumulus at first and found that I needed more support. I ran Princess this year in my first Nimbus 16 pair and bought another pair (bright pink!) for the Wine and Dine and WDW Half. I am skeptical of the Nimbus 17 because I know they changed the padding once again and the overall style of the shoe. Does anyone who has had both notice a difference?

I currently have two pairs I'm running in. Hoka 1 - Hauka with 287 miles and Saucony Kinvara S with 30 miles. I like the Hokas but I don't think I am going to get the miles out of them I was hoping for and for the cost I may not get another pair. I recently started to rotate the Sauconys in, and so far I do not have any complaints. If they hold up, the next pair will probably be my training pair for the marathon.

Currently (and for the last year) I've worn Asics Nimbus 16s. I like them for the most part as I need a lot of cushion (high arches). I tried a pair of Brooks Glycerin before the Nimbus and they didn't have enough cushion at all and ended up with a bad knee issue from them. I tried on a pair of Hoka's at the store, but it just seems like sooo much shoe, so I stuck with the Nimbus. Haven't had to go to the 17s yet as I stocked up on 16s for now. Before all that I was a New Balance fan, but then started having some foot pain.

I'm on my ninth pair of Zoot Ultra Tempo 4's. I have two more still in the box. When those are retired, I have no idea what will become of my feet.

I'm a brooks man myself I started in the Adrenaline 14's then had a pair of the Transcends went back to the Adrenaline 14's (got a great deal at an expo) and am now in the Transcend 2's, everytime I go to get fitted again none of the other shoes feel right to me and I always wind up back in Brooks....if it aint broke don't fix it I guess lol

Nike Pegasus. Once in a while mixing in the Nike Vomero, but only the Pegs for the races.
Have 3 pair ready for Disneyland Weekend.
Black pair for my Oswald outfit for the 5k
Orange pair for my #BETRUE outfit for the 10K
Green pair for my WISH outfit for the half

To the Newton shoe wearers:
I just received an order from Running Warehouse. I have a pair of Newton Aha's that I'm trying to figure out if they are too large and should be returned. Typically, I wear a 10 in my run around sneakers/shoes, a 10.5 in some of the running shoes that run small (ie NB 890) and these are an 11. My question is, where on your foot should the lugs fall? Mine stop just at the ball of the foot before the little sulcus under your toes begins. It feels okay jogging around the house, but these things feel like boats on my feet. I just don't know if that's typical of the shoe, or I'm feeling it because they are too big.
By the 'old school' (or maybe it's still current?) rules of shoe fit, I do technically have a thumbs width (laying flat ie, palm part of thumb down) of space between my second toe- my longest- and the end of the shoe. But man, this feels like sitting in the drivers seat of gramps' Town Car when you've been used to driving a Corvette- I feel like I have extra shoe for days.
Just wondering if others could chime in on how their Newton's fit and where their lugs fall on the plantar aspect of their feet.

Thanks guys!!
(sorry for the cross post- I asked this on the board of one of the races I'm registered in, but noticed quite a few people here said they run in a Newton)

I love my Brooks Adrenalines. Lightweight with just the right amount of support for me. Currently running in a fairly new pair of Adrenaline 15s. I also have a pair of the New Balance runDisney Sorcerer Mickeys that I run in from time to time...

I end up getting 350-400 miles on my shoes. It's about that point when I can feel them not doing their job for my feet anymore. I start rotating a new pair in when my current pair reaches 250.
That's about how I approach my shoes as well. I'm currently rotating Brooks Ravenna 4 and 5, Saucony Kinvara 4, Mizuno Wave Creation 14*, and New Balance M890v4.

Having self diagnosed myself as a neutral runner via the internet, I've run in both neutral and mild support shoes -- often determined by liquidation sale prices on runningwarehouse.com. All of the above shoes have worked well for me, as well as a couple recently retired Mizuno Wave Riders (15 & 16) with over 400 miles each. The New Balance are my first pair (<100 miles), but they're feeling great so far. My Saucony's haven't held up quite as well as the Brooks and Mizuno, with holes appearing in the upper around 250 miles -- they're no good for long runs anymore as the holes simply rub too much over an hour on the road.

I'm optimistic the New Balance shoes will go the distance, but feel pretty confident in being a repeat customer of both Brooks and Mizuno based on the mileage I've gotten out of my past/present shoes both in terms of cushion and the rest of the shoe holding up.

*Wave Creation bought for looks for a particular occasion, but have still worked well as a trainer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter