Favorite Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort. Poll Question?

Which is the best Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort?

• Total voters

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
I've done massive research trying to determine which is the best Walt Disney World resort hotel. Their are a ton of rankings out there but all of them are by an editor in a blog or written in multiple pages in threads.

Figured could start a poll to determine which one is the best voted by DIS'ers.

Everyone has a favorite. I am going to exclude the Dolphin and Swan and the Four Season's since they arent Disney hotels.

DVC properties included in this so BLT would be a vote for Contemporary etc.

Sorry to say, I really can’t answer the poll. I don’t have a “best” or a “favorite” - they all have pros and cons which vary in importance depending on the time of year, purpose of trip, length of stay, transportation needs, number of guests, etc.

Poly would be my most frequent destination, but I have trouble labeling it, or any resort, the “best” Deluxe.

Not exactly a helpful post in regards to your question (sorry!) but that’s how our family views the topic.

I'm another one who couldn't say which is the best. I can say which is my favorite but is it the best? My favorite is YC because I love Epcot and HS and could care less for MK. If you didn't have to ride the monorail to get to Epcot, I'd probably say GF.

Another who would not be able to say, they have pros and cons, and for me it is what the trip is for. Whom it is for, what the goal is I want, that will determine what is the best resort at the time. My favorite would be WL, but in Jan we are staying POR and POFQ, I have stayed at both, my DD coming has only stayed at POFQ and wants to try POR, so we split it, she loves POFQ I offered her GF and she turned it down. Personally I would never stay AKL again but my granddaughter who wants to be a vet thinks it is the best resort in the world so I know I will be staying there. All of us agree that Beach Club is the worst resort at Disney, yet I bet it would come in second as a favorite since everyone but us seems to love it, another resort I offered my DD for Jan since it was so cheap, she declined. I would say my second fav would be poly, but both my DD would pick contemporary as there second fav. So see it is to hard to pick. We want a place that is close to everything so POFQ, we want peace and quiet since we have an 18 month old this time so naps are important. We don't care about the pool because it is jan and we have an 18 month old. So POFQ and POR is it for this trip. Last year DGD went and we did a 5 split and loved them all WL, cont, poly, BWI and AKL. In May ex and younger DD went and did gf and WL, they were all nice and each of us has a different fav for a different reason.

It's too subjective to pick a definitive "best" since everyone values different things about the different resorts. WDW has lots of options, which I think is fantastic.

Personally I like modern, and place a heavy premium on location so Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower is my #1 pick. Walking distance to MK puts it over the top for me.

GF isn't my style, I never feel comfortable there, but I really like Poly, but the walking to MK puts the Contemporary over it.

The other resorts are all great in their own way, we enjoyed our stay at Beach Club, but we don't spend a lot of time at Epcot right now, we're heavy visitors to MK with the kids being as young as they are.

I have never stayed at AKL, GF, or Poly, and we will be at BWV for the first time in a couple of weeks. That being said, I voted for YC. Couple of reasons...first, we far prefer the Epcot resorts to MK resorts just because we are more Epcot ppl than MK ppl. You can also walk to two parks from there, not just one. Second, we love the whole vibe of that resort area and Crescent Lake. There are tons of options for restaurants and entertainment. Third, Stormalong Bay is an amazing pool...best on-property IMHO. Finally, I chose YC over BC because YC just seems quieter and more relaxing for some reason. Maybe I'm just partial to YC because that was the resort we stayed in on our belated honeymoon (and first WDW trip together).

Second choice would be the Contemporary. We stayed DVC there and had gorgeous room. The DVC rooms at the BC didn't even compare (at the time...not sure if they have been renovated since then). Plus, you can walk to MK, which is really nice (we much prefer walking to taking any kind of Disney transport).

I’ve stayed at all Deluxe except CR and BWI because they don’t appeal to me much. I’ve loved all I’ve stayed at but GF is our fav. Best service, beautiful grounds, large rooms, nice dining options and good transportation. I love how each out building is like a mini main building with nice lobby. Although we like Poly, when you walk into their out buildings (Long house) you wonder if you’re staying in a deluxe.

echoing everyone else...there are too many factors to really say one is "best." it's about what's "best' for any particular trip. I voted for the Poly, though I'm equally fond of AKL and WL.

I voted for my favorite, AKL. But it has drawbacks just like other resorts. Honestly surprised it's in 2nd place right now! I figured the MK resorts would sweep this.

Really it depends on too many things to pick one flat out best.
I loved WL when we stayed. But, it's very different now. I am staying at GF in december, and it's lovely, but, I am not sure it is THE best. AKL has a lot of recommend it, but, then it's far away. Poly is lovely, but, it also has downsides.
Everywhere has downsides, but they also have things to recommend them.

My faves list is determined on what kind of trip I’m taking.
Best for...
EPCOT-centric trip — BWI
MK-centric trip — Poly
Girlfriends trip — GF
Trip with husband — whatever is cheapest :rotfl:
My fave themed deluxe — WL
The deluxe on my bucket list — CR theme park view

Have to agree with most posters here that there isn't a best. GF is considered the flagship resort. Does that make it the best? Maybe you should change your poll to favorite deluxe instead of best.

The only ones we have not stayed at yet are AKL, and BWI. At this point, the GF is my absolute favorite. I loved everything about that resort. But, all of our other stays were awesome and had their plusses and minuses too. We would stay at any of the deluxe resorts at any given time.

We've enjoyed all of the ones we've stayed at (WL, AKL, BC, GF, & Poly), but the Poly is our #1 fav as there isn't one thing we don't love about it.

I answered the title of your post, not the title of your poll.
They are really very different.
The title of your post has an answer
The title of you poll does not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter