February 2014

Count me in!!! Planning a Presidents Week trip! We went in 2012 over Presidents Week and had a great time!

Welcome to our thread! Happy to hear you had a great Presidents' week
Trip last year! Do you have an idea where you will be staying?

Feel free to add me to the 2014 group! DGF and I are having out trip from 1/31/2014 to 2/08/2014, and we're counting down the days. We originally planned to stay at the AoA, and had to room booked, but my awesome boss let us use some of his DVC points for our trip. So now we're going to be staying at the BLT in a studio theme park view room! So the hype we had just got more intense! :thumbsup2

From what I've seen regarding the weather for February in the central FL area is glorious for us northerners! :lmao: mid to low 70s for the high, and low 50s for the low. Don't know how the pools will feel, though... :confused3

Great to have you join us! Wow! It is great you have had a ilttle pixie dust already with your resort upgrade.

After a rather horrible trip last year and swearing off WDW for the rest of my life...I've come crawling back begging for forgiveness. ;)

As of now the plan is for Feb. 8th-12th and I'll be doing it solo. My friends explained there is a definite correlation between having children and also not any money so they won't be joining me. Either way I'm perfectly fine with doing this on my own. At least there won't be any witnesses to my squirming on the room floor in anguish if I get ill again.

I have yet to decide on a resort. Ideally, I would like to stay at Yacht Club or Contemporary but realistically, it will probably be Pop. I've stayed there before and liked it. If a discount comes out I might upgrade to POFQ. I've stayed at POP, Swan and AKL before so I would like to try a new place.

So no decisions on resorts yet but I already know exactly where I'm going to eat. :thumbsup2

Shock

Shock13 Welcome!

I have often thought going solo would be relaxing. I could check out all the little stff Disney does so well and not have to worry about bogging anyone down.

So what restaurants are you planning?

We are hoping to go Jan 30-Feb 9. I want to stay at AKL but Beach Club looks great too! I will probably wait for Beach Club because the pool is what I want to take advantage of and Feb is an iffy time for swimming - don't want to miss the opportunity. :beach:

Nice to have you with us! I understand your reasoning about the Beach Club. Think of it this way, now you have a reason to make plans for another trip!

So what restaurants are you planning?

Of course there will probably be changes from now until February but so far this is what I have...
Kona Cafe - dinner
Via Napoli - lunch
Be Our Guest - dinner
Sci-fi Dine-In - dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern? - lunch (maybe)
Teppan Edo - dinner - I might not do this one. The thought of being seated with other people instead of eating alone sounds good but I'm not sure if I'd be setting myself up for disappointment since I frequent Benihana.

What do you think of my choices? The only place I've eaten at before is Sci-Fi.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Shock

Of course there will probably be changes from now until February but so far this is what I have...
Kona Cafe - dinner
Via Napoli - lunch
Be Our Guest - dinner
Sci-fi Dine-In - dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern? - lunch (maybe)
Teppan Edo - dinner - I might not do this one. The thought of being seated with other people instead of eating alone sounds good but I'm not sure if I'd be setting myself up for disappointment since I frequent Benihana.

What do you think of my choices? The only place I've eaten at before is Sci-Fi.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Shock

I ate at Liberty Tree Tavern and really enjoyed the food. Back then it was a character meal which was fun. I wish the would bring the characters back.
The only other one I have eaten at was Sci-fi it was okay. What about the Biergarten? I hear its lots of fun and they seat everyone together. It might be a good replacement for Teppan Epo if you are unsure of it.

I wouldn't mind the food at Biergarten at all but isn't it a buffet? Unfortunately I don't care for buffets. I am visually impaired and therefore it is difficult for me to carry around a tray and work my way around tables/people/etc.
Besides doing one lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, I plan to eat most of my meals at a table service restaurant.

But I am open! If someone has a recommendation please let me know. ;)
What are your favorite places?

Shock

I wouldn't mind the food at Biergarten at all but isn't it a buffet? Unfortunately I don't care for buffets. I am visually impaired and therefore it is difficult for me to carry around a tray and work my way around tables/people/etc.
Besides doing one lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, I plan to eat most of my meals at a table service restaurant.

But I am open! If someone has a recommendation please let me know. ;)
What are your favorite places?

Shock

Have you done 50's Prime Time? We love it...great food and so much fun interaction. We like Sci Fi but prefer 50s if only having one meal at HS.

I thought I would post here to "say hello" to other DISer's going to WDW in Feb. 2014. We'll only stay 3 nights following 1 week on Sanibel Island with my sister and b-i-l and a single night in Winter Haven so that we can arrive at our resort early in the day for a change.

I thought I would post here to "say hello" to other DISer's going to WDW in Feb. 2014. We'll only stay 3 nights following 1 week on Sanibel Island with my sister and b-i-l and a single night in Winter Haven so that we can arrive at our resort early in the day for a change.

Where do you stay on Sanibel? We are headed there at the end of June, although we are staying across the bridge on the mainland. We will certainly we heading over for the lighthouse beach and to get us some Island Cow fish tacos! We are doing Discovery Cove/Sea World/Aquatica in combination with our Sanibel trip!

Where do you stay on Sanibel? We are headed there at the end of June, although we are staying across the bridge on the mainland. We will certainly we heading over for the lighthouse beach and to get us some Island Cow fish tacos! We are doing Discovery Cove/Sea World/Aquatica in combination with our Sanibel trip!

We stay in a small (19 units total) condominium development by the name of Signal Inn. One of my sisters and her husband owned this unit for 19 years and sold it in the spring of 2004 but have rented at least two weeks there every year since. We have a nice view over low cut mangroves out to the gulf. Our other sister and her husband also used to be there with us but the stairs up to the unit are a bit too much for our oldest sister to handle all the time. All units have parking space underneath and you have to go upstairs to either the front hall or the screened in porch. My hostess sister and I walk on the beach every morning, weather provided, and we all go out to eat at least every other night. Years ago we used to shop, shop, shop & tour but now we mostly relax.

While you are over to the lighthouse you've got to stop by Pinocchio's for the greatest ice cream. It is in the same small strip shopping as the Lighthouse Cafe (which is a great place to enjoy a meal.)

:wave2:February Rocks! Feb. 8th - 15th

This will be our third year going the week leading up to President's Day Weekend. On the first day of our first year at AKV, we woke up to 32 degrees! It was also a bit cloudy ... being from the great northwest this had little impact on us and it felt like we had the MK all to ourselves. pirate:
The temp went up to the 70s and 80s the rest of the week.

Last year was absolutely beautiful the whole week with temps in the low 80s.
The crowds are very manageable if you don't get behind a group of 137 cheerleaders :cheer2: in line for Expedition Everest! Yes, this is cheerleader week ... but you can spot them a mile away with their matching t-shirts and veer in a different direction if necessary!

Still trying to decide between OKW and BCV ... any suggestions?

Welcome to our group! You plans sound heavenly! WDW and the beach too!

:wave2:February Rocks! Feb. 8th - 15th

This will be our third year going the week leading up to President's Day Weekend. On the first day of our first year at AKV, we woke up to 32 degrees! It was also a bit cloudy ... being from the great northwest this had little impact on us and it felt like we had the MK all to ourselves. pirate:
The temp went up to the 70s and 80s the rest of the week.

Last year was absolutely beautiful the whole week with temps in the low 80s.
The crowds are very manageable if you don't get behind a group of 137 cheerleaders :cheer2: in line for Expedition Everest! Yes, this is cheerleader week ... but you can spot them a mile away with their matching t-shirts and veer in a different direction if necessary!

Still trying to decide between OKW and BCV ... any suggestions?

Great to have you aboard! Thanks for your insight into traveling around Presidents week. I might just pick your brain for ideas!

I can't help with the resort choice sine I haven't been to either one. Both look beautiful to me! I like the beach vibe of both. Is one room bigger than the rest?

I might lean more towards the BCV if they are within walking distance to Epcot

Just checking in! February is now eight months away!,,

I am a teacher so now I am off for a few months so I can plan to my hearts content!!

Unfortunately, I just realized that my ADR 180 window is my second day back to school! Bummer! I was thinking I would be home that day to take care of it! Oh well we will see how it goes.

Just checking in! February is now eight months away!,,

I am a teacher so now I am off for a few months so I can plan to my hearts content!!

Unfortunately, I just realized that my ADR 180 window is my second day back to school! Bummer! I was thinking I would be home that day to take care of it! Oh well we will see how it goes.

I checked a few weeks ago and mine is the FIRST day I go back to school, August 19. Such a bummer. Early mornings for us!

Still not sure if we are doing February or May, or .. both !?!?! Buahaha.

If we do Feb 2014, it will be Feb 13 - 22 !!!

Guess it depends on deals, AP rates, etc. Been back for 2 weeks and I already miss it :(

We went the same week February 2012, it was pretty warm, it only rained one day and only for part of the day, I THINK the water parks were open, and it was warm enough to use them for sure. But then, we are Canadian, so as long as its above 65 or 70, I am up for water :)

The parks were OK for crowd levels, despite the fact that crowd calendars say its a "red" time of year. The Sat Sun Mon of presidents weekend were quite busy, but tolerable, the week days were actually OK we found. Of course, we are also pretty good for planning things and getting Fast Passes in a good order, and all this will change by 2014 with FP+.

All in all, it was a great vacation and time to be there.

Still not sure if we are doing February or May, or .. both !?!?! Buahaha.

If we do Feb 2014, it will be Feb 13 - 22 !!!

Guess it depends on deals, AP rates, etc. Been back for 2 weeks and I already miss it :(

We went the same week February 2012, it was pretty warm, it only rained one day and only for part of the day, I THINK the water parks were open, and it was warm enough to use them for sure. But then, we are Canadian, so as long as its above 65 or 70, I am up for water :)

The parks were OK for crowd levels, despite the fact that crowd calendars say its a "red" time of year. The Sat Sun Mon of presidents weekend were quite busy, but tolerable, the week days were actually OK we found. Of course, we are also pretty good for planning things and getting Fast Passes in a good order, and all this will change by 2014 with FP+.

All in all, it was a great vacation and time to be there.

Love hearing that the crowds are tolerable; that's just the confirmation I need to book. We are big planners/organizers, too. Now to wait until the teachers rates come out for the Dolphin to figure out if that's our best bet.. although...I will probably book a true Disney room too, to be able to get in on the 180+10. Missing out on any BOG reservations in Dec was really a bummer and I'm bound and determined for a sit down dinner there this time around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter