federal tax return

My friend got hers yesterday, hers was direct deposit. Mine is "supposed" to be there tomorrow...not holding my breath though.:rolleyes:

There is no set day on which you have to file your return. (As long as it is by 4/17)

Refunds, however, seem to be coming in on just about any day. I got mine on a Monday. I filed my return on 1/30 and got my refund on 2/6. It took exactly one week. :)

Wow-I think things are really mesed up this year-I prepared my DD17 in early Jan. simple form etc she works part time-IRS couldn't accept electronic returns until the 17th so it sat there waiting thru h and r block until then, Filed DS 21 soon after that again simple return works part time but is in college full tie, ha nd r block said I had to wait until the 17th for a form for college to become available, I did and went back in and e-filed. bothe these were accepted on the 17th. MyDD was projected to get refund the 25th, and DS was the 1st. then the where's my refund page went down, when it came back up DD was projected to get hers 2-1, which she did, DS was changed to 2-8 which is today, checked o it last night and this morning and now it says they have received his return and should receive refund in 6 weeks from filing date WTH-the kinker to this is, I e-filed DS 24 on 1-24-12, again pretty simple , works full time, lives at home, but does have student loan interest to deduct, nothing else, his refund was i his account on 2-1-12. I feel bad for DS 21, cause he could really use it, just don't know why is being held up. I just efiled mine on Monday so we will see what happens with that. I am sure if we owed the IRS and we projected when we were going to pay them and then changed it they wouldn't like it.

I e-filed last Tuesday (Jan 31), with a projected date of receiving my federal return today (2/8) and it's in my account! My state was there on Monday!:cool1:

I filed our return Jan 24th and got the DD in my account today, Wed Feb 8th.

I filed DD#2's return on Jan 26 and she got the direct deposit Friday, Feb 3.

I filed both DD#1's return and my SIL's return on Sat, Feb 4th, WMR shows that SIL's return is being processed but doesn't show anything yet for DD#1's return.

I don't really think that there is any pattern to how returns are processed or what date the refund the money.

Mine was supposed to be in the bank on the 15th (Wednesday) per the chart on the IRS site, but I just checked Where's my Refund and it says it should be in my bank by the 21st (a Tuesday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter