federal tax return

We filed on 2/4.
No update for weeks.
Now showing March 6th. :headache:
The website shows 10-21 days estimated so I decided to call our friends at the IRS to find out what the scoop was. :surfweb:

I spoke with a very nice man - explained our date seem over the estimated time and wanted to find out if there was a problem with our return.

First thing he said was the dates on the website are incorrect. He apologized for the mis-information. Our *real* DD date is 2/27 - not 3/6. The absolute last date we would see it is 3/2 - but it is currently scheduled for DD on 2/27..we shall see!

Update: Our DD hit our account this morning. :banana:

We filed 2/3 and WMR is now saying we will receive the refund on 3/6 after a long time with no information. We filed using Turbo Tax. I was just wondering if this problem was more likely to happen to those that used Turbo Tax.

Did any of you who are still waiting also use Turbo Tax?

Ours was finally deposited today:cool1:

I efiled on 2/18 and it was accepted on that same day. Took about a week for WMR to show a date of 2/28. Still waiting on my refund on 3/2. I called them today and they just gave me a bunch of bs saying that it would probably be 30 days yada yada yada. Then why 3 days after the date in THEIR system have they still not corrected THEIR system. I was very polite but it really burns me up. I am an accountant I don't like to give the government an interest free loan of my money and can usually adjust my withholdings so that I have a very small refund or small payment. But 2011 was an extraordinary year and I am due a very large refund because I changed jobs and had too much FICA withheld and my employer paid a lot of taxes for me on my relocation benefits. I want my money!!!

I efiled on 2/18 and it was accepted on that same day. Took about a week for WMR to show a date of 2/28. Still waiting on my refund on 3/2. I called them today and they just gave me a bunch of bs saying that it would probably be 30 days yada yada yada. Then why 3 days after the date in THEIR system have they still not corrected THEIR system. I was very polite but it really burns me up. I am an accountant I don't like to give the government an interest free loan of my money and can usually adjust my withholdings so that I have a very small refund or small payment. But 2011 was an extraordinary year and I am due a very large refund because I changed jobs and had too much FICA withheld and my employer paid a lot of taxes for me on my relocation benefits. I want my money!!!

It took me almost 21 business days after I filed. I'm telling my clients that they can take what WMR shows with a grain of salt. It's showing all kinds of things and then the refunds are coming all over the place.

I had one of my clients tell me that they got it five days after I filed for them. then, I had one client that still hasn't gotten there's.

And don't even get me started about my state refund. Still waiting after a month for that one......

Hope you get yours soon!!

THe IRS website first stated my refund would be dd by 3/6; then changed to 2/29. Now the website says it WAS deposited into my account, but still nothing:scared1: THis is the first year that has ever happened, used to be that if the refund was due the 29th it would appear in my account by the 28th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter