Finally tried Chef Mickey's at CR!

Cookie Princess said:
You are dating yourself with that comment. I remember eating at the "Original" Chef Mickey's as well. :rotfl:

Ok does anyone else remember having a character breakie on the boat :boat:

uhm the Empress LILLY i think it was called after Walt's wife. It is in Downtown Disney, the name has been changed to Fulton's Crab House and only serves up expensive lunch & dinner now. :sad:

We took the kids in 1999 and it was wonderful! Quiet cause not many knew it was there and we went for the earliest sitting. ALL the characters were there and they spent scads of time with all us. Miss knowing we can't go. :sad2:

Thanks for your opinion! We did Chef Mickey's for breakfast in May and like you I feel glad that we went there once, but will be looking for a different option for our next trip. We had to wait a long, long time for a table even though we had an ADR. Overall, the service wasn't too hot (just to get our drinks) and the food was just OK. I did not like the long lines to get food (it was DH, DS2, and I) and we had to go into those long lines multiple times to get food for us and our DS. And, of course we like kids, but many were coming up to get food on their own and just cutting in front of people waiting in the lines. We did have pretty good interaction with the characters, but did not wait for one to come by (might have been Mickey, can't remember) because it was taking a long time for each to make it to our table. We will keep the Ohana character breakfast in mind for next time!

frayedend said:
Funny that I have a totally different opinion. I was there in Jan with my DW, and 2 boys aged 3 and 5. I much preferred the buffet at Chef Mickeys. The choices at Ohana were limited. The eggs were either instant or cooked at way too high temp (very watery). Nothing was all that good or all that fresh tasting. It was hard to get more of something. We had a table of 7 and they brought the same amount of food as a table of 4. At Chef Mickeys there were tons of choices, the quality seemed better. And if I remember correctly I think I was able to get an omelet made fresh (I know I got one at the GF restaraunt breakfast).

pirate: Does Chef Mickey's have made-to-order omelets?

Donald - my hero said:

Ok does anyone else remember having a character breakie on the boat :boat:

uhm the Empress LILLY i think it was called after Walt's wife. It is in Downtown Disney, the name has been changed to Fulton's Crab House and only serves up expensive lunch & dinner now. :sad:

We took the kids in 1999 and it was wonderful! Quiet cause not many knew it was there and we went for the earliest sitting. ALL the characters were there and they spent scads of time with all us. Miss knowing we can't go. :sad2:

Yes! I remember when I went back and it wasn't there and I was PISSED! I had some great memories from there and was not happy with it's substitution!

Anyway, CM is a must-do for our family. I think we're scheduled for the dinner this time around~last time we did it for breakfast and it was splendid! :sunny:

My wife and I dined at Chef Mickey's for breakfast just 2 days ago. We don't have kids, so the back and forth trip to the buffet is not an issue for us. We were very tired, but the food was good and we saw all of the characters once in the hour that we were there except Goofy. He seemed to remain stationed up front as a greeter. The food and service was great. I would give it a 5 out of 5!

DH & I went to a breakfast on the Empress Lilly on our Honeymoon back in 1993.

I had my very first Mickey shaped waffle on that boat and haven't thought about that place for a very long time. Do you remember the old bus stop enterance to 'The Disney Village Marketplace' with the bridge over to Pleasure Island, free before 6pm. It was so small & I liked it that way.

I'm really going to miss the Adventurers Club and having munchies while the wall heads talked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter