Finally tried Chef Mickey's at CR!

limabeanmom2003

Wilderness Lodge Memories
i haven't eaten at Chef Mickey's since it was moved from DTT to the Contemporary Resort. We usually do the breakfast at Ohana, but we decided to try Chef Mickey's for a change. We ate there last week for breakfast. The food was good, but personally I prefer family style all you can eat meals such as the one at Ohana for breakfast. With a 3 yr old and 10 month old, it is a pain to have to make multiple trips to the buffet line to get everyone a plate of food. I much prefer having a waitress/waiter bring me the food. The Mickey waffles were not as good as I remember them being at Ohana. Maybe because at Chef Mickey's they sit on the hot lamps on the buffet for a few minutes. My son was very anxious to see Mickey, but even though we were there for 1 1/2 hours, we had to wait at our table for about 15 minutes after finishing our meal for him to make a visit. All the other characters had been around at least twice, except for him. Anyway, I am glad we tried it, but next trip we will be back at Ohana for the character breakfast.

The Unofficial Guide is a good reference book for character meals. It gives you a breakdown of each character meal and the character to guest ratio.

For example, Liberty Tree has the best ratio, where as Donald's Restaurantorous has the worst.

thanks for our review... we had been deciding between CMs and 'ohana for breakfast and chose 'ohana 'cause i, too, prefer the all-you-care-to-eats over the buffets for the same reason... at least i stand a chance of enjoying hot food!

we had some of the *the* best character interaction at donald's... but we always go for the latest seating, so half the place is cleared out of other guests!

limabeanmom2003 said:
i haven't eaten at Chef Mickey's since it was moved from DTT to the Contemporary Resort.

You are dating yourself with that comment. I remember eating at the "Original" Chef Mickey's as well. :rotfl:

limabeanmom2003 said:
i haven't eaten at Chef Mickey's since it was moved from DTT to the Contemporary Resort. We usually do the breakfast at Ohana, but we decided to try Chef Mickey's for a change. We ate there last week for breakfast. The food was good, but personally I prefer family style all you can eat meals such as the one at Ohana for breakfast. With a 3 yr old and 10 month old, it is a pain to have to make multiple trips to the buffet line to get everyone a plate of food. I much prefer having a waitress/waiter bring me the food. The Mickey waffles were not as good as I remember them being at Ohana. Maybe because at Chef Mickey's they sit on the hot lamps on the buffet for a few minutes. My son was very anxious to see Mickey, but even though we were there for 1 1/2 hours, we had to wait at our table for about 15 minutes after finishing our meal for him to make a visit. All the other characters had been around at least twice, except for him. Anyway, I am glad we tried it, but next trip we will be back at Ohana for the character breakfast.

Funny that I have a totally different opinion. I was there in Jan with my DW, and 2 boys aged 3 and 5. I much preferred the buffet at Chef Mickeys. The choices at Ohana were limited. The eggs were either instant or cooked at way too high temp (very watery). Nothing was all that good or all that fresh tasting. It was hard to get more of something. We had a table of 7 and they brought the same amount of food as a table of 4. At Chef Mickeys there were tons of choices, the quality seemed better. And if I remember correctly I think I was able to get an omelet made fresh (I know I got one at the GF restaraunt breakfast).

GrinGrinnyGhosts said:
was it good??

Not sure if this was for Chef Mickey's, but it was pretty good. I'd say fairly standard as far as breakfast buffets go, but definitely better than Ohana.

I liked Chef Mickeys, but did not like the wait. Our PS time was 9:10 and we did not get seated until 9:40, even though people from 9:20 were being seated all around us. We were wondering if it was because we had no small children. I asked the CM when we would be seated and she was very short and rude.

That was the only bad experience though. The rest of the time was a blast. Food was good. Loved those cheesy hashbrown things.

We really enjoyed the breakfast there. The breakfast pizza was GREAT!! As was the peanut butter and jelly and marshmello pizza!! Yummm! :thumbsup2 There is a nice, large selection and everything was nice and hot. The only downfall was we had to wait around a little while after we ate to see Mickey. It wasn't a big deal because we had planned on a late start that morning, but if we were in a hurry, we might would have been a little upset. Its still a very nice place to eat and I would do it again. :)

For those of you bothered by the "watery" eggs at Ohana's - when we were there the eggs seemed a little wet to me (and I just can't eat even slightly undercooked eggs) I asked the waitress if we could get some well cooked scrambled eggs. She said no problem and came back 10 mins. later with a skillet of hot, fresh and perfectly cooked eggs (dry, not brown, and fluffy and fully cooked). So if something isn't to your satisfaction, ask to see if they can make it right.

(Although I do want to try a breakfast buffet next time because I prefer more selection when it comes to breakfast than the skillet offered).

PrincessTrisha said:
For those of you bothered by the "watery" eggs at Ohana's - when we were there the eggs seemed a little wet to me (and I just can't eat even slightly undercooked eggs) I asked the waitress if we could get some well cooked scrambled eggs. She said no problem and came back 10 mins. later with a skillet of hot, fresh and perfectly cooked eggs (dry, not brown, and fluffy and fully cooked). So if something isn't to your satisfaction, ask to see if they can make it right.

(Although I do want to try a breakfast buffet next time because I prefer more selection when it comes to breakfast than the skillet offered).

Funny ours didn't seem undercooked, just watery. So I was just watching Good Eats with Alton Brown and he said that if they are on too high heat the proteins seize up and squeeze out the water. It made sense to me. At least now I can tell that they are edible and not raw.

pepperw23 said:
I asked the CM when we would be seated and she was very short and rude.
QUOTE]

Okay there is no excuse to be rude. But give her a break, she can't help how tall she is :rotfl2:

frayedend said:
pepperw23 said:
I asked the CM when we would be seated and she was very short and rude.
QUOTE]

Okay there is no excuse to be rude. But give her a break, she can't help how tall she is :rotfl2:

I'm short with everyone (5'2"), but rarely rude! :rotfl:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I am trying Chef Mickeys for the first time with our 18 month old son. I am so very excited. Thanks for all the reviews. :thumbsup2

We love CM go every trip. We also have been doing Cape May's at Beach Club . Its less characters but also less crowded so more greet time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter