First Adult Only Trip with a Little Bit of Kids Added In -- A Spring Break 2023 Trip

Dinner was just ok. I had a steak and it was over cooked. Jeff I think had the Chicken Parm. I think he liked his. Did forget to take pictures though.

So sorry your dinner wasn't the best. I've only had breakfast here back when Rapunzel and Ariel were here and it was good.

HS Sign.jpg

I like this photo too!

I think this one is cute
HS sign flowers.jpg

Super cute!

This coaster is much faster then it looks too.

I agree with you on this.

Sometime during this day (after we left AK) I started to get some texts from Elizabeth that we was getting dizzy and was going to see the nurse and going to the First Aid station. It was hot this day and I made sure she was drinking water and she said she was.

I hope Elizabeth was feeling better soon.

After the show was over, we headed to the boat and then to our room. We were exhausted and ready for bed.

You did have a very full day.

Enjoying your report! So funny you were there with your teens but not really with your teens!

We were in the MK on Easter this year too so we probably saw the band go by! How funny!
Thank you. This was so different with not having the kids with us but also got us a little used to going on vacation on our own. I can't believe Nick is now a senior. We went on our first college visit yesterday.

That is so fun that we were in the same park. In my next update I will have some pictures.
Super cute!
This is now my picture on my work computer.
I hope Elizabeth was feeling better soon.
The week ended up better but not before some drama with this. I will have more updates soon.

A quick life update. We have been busy with lots of stuff around here. Over the holiday Jeff and I took some time off. Jeff and I went to the orchestra on July 1st. They play in an out door theatre in the summer. They also have band concerts here as well. It is huge. They have lawn seats and a pavilion. For the orchestra, you are aloud to brin in all of your own food and drinks. We get there when the gates open which is 2 hours before the show. It is so nice. This night was their opening night and they were playing Beethoven and had fireworks after.

I ended up sick on Sunday and didn't get up from the couch. Thankfully it only lasted 24 hours. We think this is what Elizabeth had the week before. You are just tired and sick to your stomach. Nothing else.

We went back again on July 3rd with the kids. This time it was a salute to America and again they had fireworks.

Tuesday was Jeff's turn with being sick. It was the same thing as Elizabeth and I. So the kids and I went to my aunts for a cook out and swimming. My nephew came back with us and the kids went up to the city fireworks show and Jeff and I stayed home. We saw fireworks twice already and were just beat by this time.

Friday we all went back to the orchestra. This time they show played the movie Jurassic Park. While the movie was playing for us to watch they played the music. It has to take so much practice to get the timing right.

And then yesterday, I took Nick for his first college visit. We both loved the school and he already started his application. We have several more to go to.

I should be back by the end of the week with another Disney update.

Day 3 -- Parade Day at Magic Kingdom

This morning we were up early and I got Jeff set up to get a Jungle Cruise LL at 7 and I tried to get Tron. Nick was texting me through all of this and I was trying to get him set up to get Tron as well. This was my first try at a VQ and I was not sure what I was doing.

Well, Jeff got Jungle Cruise for 10:55 and Nick and I struck out at a VQ for Tron. I told Nick I would try again at 1 for him since he would be getting ready for the parade at that time.

We got to MK at about 7:30. We took the Swan buses and then the monorail over. It was a pretty easy process.

Once there we tried to go to the left for early entrance but quickly realized we needed to the right. We were going to try for the Mine Train but once we got through the line over there the line was just too long for us. So instead we went on It's a Small World. This is one of the few rides I remember from when my dad took me when I was in 5th grade. It is a must do every trip.

Small World.jpg

After we got off of It's a Small World, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion. There was no wait since we were still in the early entry time.

Haunted Mansion.jpg

Jeff and I have no clue where the camera's are on rides. This might be the worst one of the trip. I think he was going to put his arm around me to pose for the picture.

Haunted Mansion 1.jpg

We were at the end of the early entry hours and we weren't sure what to do next. I talked Jeff into going on Big Thunder Mountain so we headed that way. We haven't been on this ride in a log time and I wanted to try it. I think I rode it when Elizabeth was finally tall enough to ride. That year I rode everything because if I didn't ride neither would she and I wanted her to try them. I was not a fan of Big Thunder Mountain because my dad made me ride it when we went wen I was in 5th grade. This was my first roller coaster and I hated it. They put me in the middle of my dad and step mom and I don't think my butt touched the seat the entire ride or well that is what my memory tells me. Now that I am older I do like this ride.

The line was not long and we had a little boy in front of us to keep us occupied. He was having a blast playing with everything. Also, on our way in line I am pretty sure I saw Rino getting off but we were too far apart for me to stop and say hi.

Thunder Mountain.jpg

At this point we were getting hungry and Jeff gets Hangry so we went off to find food. I love the mobile ordering. Jeff couldn't find anything but I wanted a Mickey Waffle so I went to Sleepy Hollow. This place was crazy busy. I was not a fan of the waffles here. I can't remember why now though. I think because it had powder sugar on it.

We sat for a little bit a table before we went to get Jeff something. He decided to go for an early lunch and eat at Pecos Bill's. We were like the only ones in there until about the time we were done. Once we were done we just chilled here until our Jungle Cruise LL. For some reason this day we were dragging and wearing down fast.

So next up was the Jungle Cruise. I have only been on this once so this was a must do today. If you haven't caught one, this day we were going to stay to the left of the park. Our next visit would be to the left.
Jungle Cruise Elephant.jpg
Once on we tapped in for Jungle Cruise I booked a LL for Pirates. LL's for today were not working as I planned. I was hoping to have them more back to back but it still all worked out.

Elizabeth had been texting me that she was cold and asked if she could buy a sweatshirt. I told her it was ok. Thankfully she ended up getting a jacket. The new 100th year one. She loves it and wears it a lot. It was cold and dizzily this day which became the theme for the rest of the week. I don't think it got any warmer this day.

Temp.jpg

After we got off of the Jungle Cruise we went to the Tiki Room. This was another new to us show. We just had to wait for the show before us to finish. Tiki Room.jpg

This was a cute show but not one that we will do a lot. We both almost fell asleep. We were this tired. But it was nice to be off of our feet though.

After the Tiki Room we went on Pirates. The picture on this one was at least better then Haunter Mansion but we are still not paying attention.

Pirates.jpg

After we scanned in I got a LL for the Magic Carpets. I did do some fiddle faddling and got an earlier time. So we were able to do the Magic Carpets right after Pirates.

Magic Carpets.jpg

After we got off Jeff was not feeling great so we went and had a seat by an area by the walkway tunnel between Adventure land and Liberty square. We were here for about 30 or more minutes. I was having fun watching the kids walk by. The band students were all wearing the same shirts this day. It was easy to pick them out. I saw several kids I knew, just not mine.

Once Jeff was feeling better (he thinks it was something from his lunch), we headed to Country Bears. County Bears.jpg

After Country Bears we sat down at the rock wall right outside. We were beat so we sat here for about an hour and a half, until the parade started. It was a great spot too and we were on the side that the kids would be on. While sitting here an older couple came and sat by us and we started to chit chat. Here they were they grandparents of 1 of the boys in the band. It was nice to have the conversation to pass the time by.

Continued in the next post.

MK part 2 - The Parade

While we were waiting the 1 pm drop for Tron came up. I was so excited that I was able to get him one. Because I was not linked to his friends so I was only able to get it for him. They are not allowed to bring their phones out while back stage so he didn't know until after the parade was over. He got a pretty early boarding group and I was worried he was not going to make it. So in my texts I told him not to be upset if they turn him away knowing that they have been pretty stricted with return times. I told him to let let them know why he was late and hope for the best but to be very nice when talking to them.

We have finally got to what we were on the trip for. It was time for the parade. They sounded great and were having a great time. We were sitting in Frontier Land with no on in front of us.

Parade 1.jpg

After they went by Jeff took off and I was barely able to keep up. I thought he was just rushing to get out before they blocked the front of the park since our plan was to leave right after. Well I was wrong. He wanted to catch them again at the front. And we made it. SO we got to see them twice.

Parade3.jpg

Here is Elizabeth. I am not sure if you can see the arrow but she is in the middle/right side of the picture with the clarinet and she is the shortest.
Elizabeth.png

Here is Nick. He is the second row back and the second row in. There is an arrow as well but I thinking I should have changed the color. The blue looks like it is blending in.
Nick.png

For being in the parade they all got this pin.
Pin.jpg

After the parade was over we ran into one of Nick's friends dad and talked for a little bit. Come to find out they were staying at the Dolphin. This was the only time we ran into them.

After chatting for a bit Jeff and I went to Casey's for a later lunch. I don't remember what we got but mine was most likely a basic hot dog and Jeff probably had chili or something. I did get a pop to drink and it was horrible. It had the well water taste so I didn't drink much of it.

After eating we heading back to the hotel. We had no issues with the buses today. While on the bus Elizabeth asked if we were still there. I told her we just left but made sure she didn't need me for anything. If she did I would go back. She was fine and just wanted to say hi if we were. I felt bad. We should have stayed until they came back out.

At some point either during the parade, right before his time for Tron opened. Once he got the texted and was able to leave the band he went straight to Tron. By this time he was able to leave the Festival of Fantasy parade was going through so he had to wait for that to be over. Him and his friend ran over to Tron but was pass the grace period. He explained why he was late (it was like maybe 10 minutes past the grace period) and they let him on and also gave him and his friend a bit of pixie dust and they let his friend go as well (he didn't have a boarding group).

Tron.jpg
This isn't them but a picture Nick took. They both loved it and I became the best mom in the world for getting him a boarding group.

Once back in the room Jeff and I napped for about an hour and a half. We were so tired. It wasn't a pool day because of the weather so once we woke up we just hung out in the room. During this time I started to get text messages form Elizabeth again that she was dizzy. This is when I knew for sure that this was the same issue she had over the winter and tried to get her prescription refilled and to pick around Disney. Well, it expired in March. Just my luck. I told Elizabeth I would call the doctor in the morning and see if they would call it in. There was nothing I could do at that time.

After awhile we decided to head to Disney Springs for dinner. We decided to take the Boardwalk buses. On our walk over I found the sweatshirt I was looking for in once of the store windows. The issue I was coming across is most places did not have my size. Well this place did so I got the purple 100th anniversary hoodie. After I got it we decided that I should have asked Elizabeth what she got that morning. She would not have been happy if we got the same thing. We didn't. She got the jacket.

Once their we wandered a bit and found our place for dinner but we weren't ready to eat yet so we ended up at the Disney store. I was looking for something to get our friends twins. They are now 18 months. I could not find anything. It was either too big or too babyish (like for an infant). We finally found 2 sweatshirts but got them a bigger size to fit them over the winter. They were just a picture of Mickey.

I was also getting texts from Elizabeth that she wanted to get our dog some stuff.

This is what come home along with a leash, a water bowl and a food bowl. Here is Piper with her new harness and leash.

Piper.jpg

After we were done shopping I did the mobile check out. This option is awesome. I quickly finished the purchase and out we went.

We headed over to the Polite Pig for dinner. The food was awesome here.

This was Jeff's meal.
Jeff Dinner.jpg

He got a beer flight to drink. I have no clue what he got though.Jeff Beer.jpg

I got the chicken. So much flavor in this.

Steph Dinner.jpg

After dinner we went to Sprinkles and then Gideons. I have heard good things about both and wanted to try them. Well Sprinkles didn't really have anything left and Gideons wasn't letting anyone else in.

We then headed over to Guest Relations so I could ask about where I could have prescriptions called in at since I had heard there were places or a place that would deliver to the hotels. There is one but I don't remember now what it was called. They were so much help.

Finally we started to head out but got lost so we wondered for a bit before making to the buses and heading back to the resort and going to bed.

We started to bribe the kids at some point to send us pictures because we were not getting any and they were not using the Photo Pass Photographers. Here is a few that they sent me from this day.

The pictures with Nick, It is his fiend Josh and Puline (not sure I spelled this right). She is an exchanged student from France staying with Josh. I think they are a bit goofy.
Josh and Nick 1.jpgJosh and Nick 2.jpg

Elizabeth's group is not crazy at all.

Elizabeth Friends 1.jpgElizabeth Friends 2.jpgElizabeth Friends 3.jpg

Once there we tried to go to the left for early entrance but quickly realized we needed to the right. We were going to try for the Mine Train but once we got through the line over there the line was just too long for us. So instead we went on It's a Small World. This is one of the few rides I remember from when my dad took me when I was in 5th grade. It is a must do every trip.

My plan is usually to try for Mine Train too, but usually end up doing something else in FL too. Small World is a favorite for both my girls.

Jeff and I have no clue where the camera's are on rides. This might be the worst one of the trip. I think he was going to put his arm around me to pose for the picture.

I have a real hard time with this one too.

At this point we were getting hungry and Jeff gets Hangry so we went off to find food. I love the mobile ordering. Jeff couldn't find anything but I wanted a Mickey Waffle so I went to Sleepy Hollow. This place was crazy busy. I was not a fan of the waffles here. I can't remember why now though. I think because it had powder sugar on it.
DH gets hangry too. Sleepy Hollow is a great choice.

He decided to go for an early lunch and eat at Pecos Bill's. We were like the only ones in there until about the time we were done.

This sounds like my DH too. He's had the early lunch here a few times.

While we were waiting the 1 pm drop for Tron came up. I was so excited that I was able to get him one.

Congrats!

We were sitting in Frontier Land with no on in front of us.

Frontierland is my go to place to catch parades.

After they went by Jeff took off and I was barely able to keep up. I thought he was just rushing to get out before they blocked the front of the park since our plan was to leave right after. Well I was wrong. He wanted to catch them again at the front. And we made it. SO we got to see them twice.

Very cool that you got to see them twice!

For being in the parade they all got this pin.
Pin.jpg

Great souvenir.

They both loved it and I became the best mom in the world for getting him a boarding group.

It so hard to be the greatest Mom when they're teenagers.

They are now 18 months. I could not find anything. It was either too big or too babyish (like for an infant). We finally found 2 sweatshirts but got them a bigger size to fit them over the winter. They were just a picture of Mickey.

I have a hard time finding stuff my grandkids too.

We headed over to the Polite Pig for dinner. The food was awesome here.

We've only eaten here once and enjoyed it. I think it might be time to go back.

We started to bribe the kids at some point to send us pictures because we were not getting any and they were not using the Photo Pass Photographers.

It's so hard to get teenagers to send photos. They take them but don't share.

Hi Everyone. Sorry I have been gone for a bit. We had lots going on in July. One being a trip to Cumberland lake in Kentucky and Gatlinburg. This is not my favorite place and not sure I would go back. I was stressed with the driving (and I was never the one driving). It was all too much for me. I was looking for a relaxing week but it was far from that.

Then a week after we got back I went on a night trip to Pittsburg with Elizabeth. We went to see P!nk in concert. This was her first concert. She loved it. The driving and being in a new place on my owe was very nerve wrecking leading up to this day. I don't drive long distances or like being places I don't know. It was all great. The train to the stadium was right out our doors to the hotel and so much nicer then ours. It was all very easy and I felt save the whole time.

This was our view
P!NK1.jpg

This is my best picture of Elizabeth
Elizabeth P!nk.jpg

OK. One to this trip report. I left off after our day in MK and Disney Springs. The plan for the morning was AK and doing the opposite side of Pandora. That changed though to doing Navi first since we didn't wait in the long line on our other AK day.

This day was a bit weird with Genie +. We really didn't need it but used it a lot.

We were up early and got a LL for Dinosaur. We were out the door and at AK for early morning hours. Since we did this once here already we knew the drill. We lined up to the left before they let us in because the other morning this side moved faster. Well, luck would have it and the right side moved faster but we were still moving. So no biggie. Plus we new everyone was going to Flight of Passage and we were going to Navi.

Once through we went straight to Navi. This is a cute little ride but glad we did not wait in the line on our first day. We did walk straight on this one.

Navi.jpg

On our first day we did notice several Photo Pass Photographers out in Pandora, so we went looking for them. The first one we came to was awesome and took several pictures. I am going to add a few here from all of them. Pandora 1.jpg

Here is the hug pose again. But this one turned out better then the rest of them in my opinion.
Pandora 2.jpg

This is one of my favorites from the trip
Pandora 3.jpg

Same with this one
Pandora 4.jpgPandora 5.jpgPandora 6.jpg

I am going to continue on the next page since I can only add one more picture.

After our pictures we headed of to us our LL for Dinosaur. We didn't need it though. Everyone was still at Flight of Passage and this was a walk on. Once we scanned in I got a LL for Test Track since we would be hopping here in the afternoon. There were so few people here that we got a car to ourselves.

Dino.jpg

In the past this ride always made me feel a bit sick. This time with taking the Bonine it did not.

After we got off of Dinosaur, we headed to Triceratops Spin. It was a nice ride and a walk on.

Tri Spin.jpg

After this we went to find food only to find out nothing was open. We ended up at the Starbucks that we didn't know was a Starbucks until we got their. I don't remember what Jeff got but I know he at least got a coffee. I got a water and a cinnamon roll. I was so disappointed in this cinnamon roll. It was just kind of dry and was not warm.

Breakfast.jpg

After we ate we went on the tiger trail.

If you remember from the day before I need to get a hold of the doctor to try and convince them to call in a prescription since she was having the same issues she did when she what they think might be POTS. This was the time that I needed to call. This is where I knew for sure that her awesome cardiologist moved to Arizona. I was tempted to call her there But I assumed she would not be able to help because she would not have Elizabeth's records. Elizabeth had already been texting me to see if I called. I had to remind her that I had to wait until 9 to call. Since I couldn't call her cardiologist I called her pediatrician. There was some back and forth with phones calls but ultimately they did not fell comfortable giving her the medicine since it is a heart med that has some very strict rules, like she can't lay flat for like an hour or 2 after taking it. So we were out of luck and there was nothing we could do. Elizabeth was not happy but handled it well. Thankfully it stayed cold the rest of the week and she wasn't too bad. The heat is what gets her the most I think. It happened again at Dollywood where t was like 100 outside with lots of humidity.

Ok back to the Tiger Trail. This was one of the things I wanted to do this trip since we have never gone on the trails. This was a neat one and also a very relaxing walk through.

I am not sure my pictures are in order. But I did like the way bird looked. I have never seen one before.
Bird.jpg

I can't remember what animal this is. Maybe a Water Buffalo
Animal.jpg

The tiger was up walking around. This was fun to watch as ours at our zoo sleep all day.
Tiger.jpg

After this we went over to the Finding Nemo show. This was another must for me as the few shows they have each day never fit in our schedule. Well it was going to today. I made sure of it. We had a bit to wait for the show though. It was well worth it. It was a great show.Finding Nemo.jpg

After this we did leave but I have other pictures that I am not sure how they fit in the day. At some point (I am guessing while we were in Dinoland in the morning) we got some pictures with a Photo Pass Photographer. These are the ones with the Long Neck dino in the back ground. These turned out good but here is my favorite.

Dino Bone.jpg

This one was fun to do too. The photographer was having a hard time with the height difference.

Also, while we were in Pandora we took a good selfie. I am not great at these usually but I did better with them as the week went on.Pandora Selfie.jpg

And at some point we got a selfie with the Tree of Life.
Tree of Life Selfie.jpg We decided to take the Swan bus back and give another shot. Well, we waited about 30 minutes. Not horrible for us but others had been waiting longer. Others had called and were told that one was coming. When they finally got their, they didn't have a sign and didn't come tell anyone that they were for the Swan. I went to ask them. I am thinking she didn't want anyone to get one because this was the last run of her day.

After we got back we did go to the main pool for a bit. We sat under the water fall, which is really cool. It was so cold out that I was completely covered with towels. I would have stayed in the room but Jeff thinks rest happens at the pool while at Disney. He kept saying throughout the week that we weren't getting any down time. Which I was not understanding until towards the end of the week. We were taking several hour breaks each day but it was because they were not at the pool because of the weather.

I will leave off here for today. Next up will be dinner at Big River Brewing and and afternoon in EPCOT.

One last thing. At some point during the morning (I guess at 10:26) This popped up on my phone and I has to send to Elizabeth. She loves Taylor Swift and this news was something she would want to know.

Taylor Swift.jpg

I got an OMG! NOOOO from her. We talk Taylor Swift all the time together and it was nice to still have a conversation without being together. This would have been something she would have ran out of her room to tell me as soon as she saw it.

I'm caught up!
How great that you were able to watch the kids with their marching band twice in the MK. I'm sure that had to be such a fun experience. And I bet you won lots of "Mom points" for grabbing a Tron boarding group. Although, the whole thing did make me chuckle. Since my kids are still younger, I haven't dealt with older kids yet, but you making sure to get the group and then explaining how to talk nice to the CM and explain why he was late reminded me: "Moms are always going to help out their kiddos, even if they're not spending time with me on a trip." :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear about Elizabeth's condition. Getting dizzy in the heat has to be really hard when you're at someplace like Disney (or over this summer).

Kudos to you for giving Rise a try! I can imagine how anxious you were beforehand, but now you can say you experienced it and know it's a one a done for you.

I agree about Slinky Dog, it's so much fun and goes much faster than you'd expect for an attraction with a 38 inch height requirement!

The purple 100th hoodie is really nice. Love the color. Glad you were able to find it in DS.

I'm laughing at how many times the Photopass Photographers made you do that pose. Did you start laughing by the end of the trip when they asked you to hug? :rotfl:At some point, it becomes a running joke. "Here we are, hugging in Hollywood Studios. And here we are, hugging in Pandora. And wait....here we are. Hugging in front of the Tree of Life."

I'm caught up!
How great that you were able to watch the kids with their marching band twice in the MK. I'm sure that had to be such a fun experience. And I bet you won lots of "Mom points" for grabbing a Tron boarding group. Although, the whole thing did make me chuckle. Since my kids are still younger, I haven't dealt with older kids yet, but you making sure to get the group and then explaining how to talk nice to the CM and explain why he was late reminded me: "Moms are always going to help out their kiddos, even if they're not spending time with me on a trip." :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear about Elizabeth's condition. Getting dizzy in the heat has to be really hard when you're at someplace like Disney (or over this summer).

Kudos to you for giving Rise a try! I can imagine how anxious you were beforehand, but now you can say you experienced it and know it's a one a done for you.

I agree about Slinky Dog, it's so much fun and goes much faster than you'd expect for an attraction with a 38 inch height requirement!

The purple 100th hoodie is really nice. Love the color. Glad you were able to find it in DS.

I'm laughing at how many times the Photopass Photographers made you do that pose. Did you start laughing by the end of the trip when they asked you to hug? :rotfl:At some point, it becomes a running joke. "Here we are, hugging in Hollywood Studios. And here we are, hugging in Pandora. And wait....here we are. Hugging in front of the Tree of Life."

Yes, I won tons of mom points that day with Nick and his friend. The amount of texting I did him this trip about how things worked and how he should act in situations was amazing. Being a mom never ends.

Yes, the hugging pose became a joke as the week went on. I look at them now and just laugh.
Love your report!
Thank you

Quick life update. Things are going goo here, just busy. Nick has been keeping me busy with soccer games and football games. In a 2 week period he had 7 soccer games and 2 football games. The soccer team has been playing great and they are really starting to gel as a team. They have about 5 players that have never played before and you would never have known.

Elizabeth is busy with working and school. She has a tough schedule this year. She is taking AP Psych, AP Gov, Honors Alg. 2, Honors Chem, Spanish 3 and College Comp 1. She gets so much homework.

We did have a fun weekend. I went to the football game on Friday, on Saturday the kids went to my sisters for a party while Jeff and I went to the Orchestra (they were playing Songs of Disney). This was a great show. It is outside and it was a great night. Elizabeth then spent the night at a friends and Nick went to the movies with his cousin. It is so nice that he drives. He drove Elizabeth around all weekend and he still had his own fun. It just helped to make everything work.

On Sunday Jeff and I went with our friends to Oktoberfest. I don't drink but I snacked on food all day. It was such a hot day. It might have been the hottest day all summer (until Sunday and today). On Monday, Nick went to Cedar Point with friends and I went to my Aunts for a pop up pool party. Jeff and and Elizabeth stayed home. We have learned over the years that Elizabeth needs a day on the weekend to just rest. If not her anxiety gets bad. She did homework and rested and Jeff did the lawn and cleaned the house. It was a great weekend for family and friends.

I think we are on Day 4 part 2.

After we rested at the pool for a bit we headed back to the room. It was just too cold and rainy to stay for a long time. Here is a picture I took of the fountain to show how windy it was.

Wind.jpg

After we rested for a little bit we headed over to Big River Grill Brewing. This was our first time going to this restaurant. It was a good restaurant and one we would go to again. Jeff got a flight to drink. Again, I have no clue what each one is but he seemed to like them.

Jeff's Drink.jpg
I can't remember what we had. I know I was debating on a quesadilla or a steak. I am pretty sure I picked the Quesadilla. I do remember it being a lot of food though.

After we were done we headed over to the bus stop. We were going to EPCOT but my plan was to minimize walking as much as possible. We took the bus to the MK and then took the Monorail to the TTC and then to EPCOT. Reading this now, this makes no sense on why we went this route. We could have just taken the Swan buses to the TTC. I am guessing we didn't since we were already at the Boardwalk and that would have been more walking. This put us in the front of the park. This was the section we were going to do this afternoon.

Everything was going smoothly until we got off the monorail at the TTC. I had my sunglasses in my hand (they were in a case) because of going through security at MK but I wasn't sure if we were going to have to go through it again so I just held them. Well as I was getting off the Monorail, Jeff bumped my hand and down went my sunglasses. Well not only did they fall but they went right down through the crack between the Monorail and the platform. They didn't even hit the sides. Just straight down. If they were prescription I would have cared, but they were and I tried to get them back. I talked to the cast members that were their and they said they would look at the end of the day and let me know. I never heard from them so I put in a request with lost and found. I gave them a picture of them along with the exact location. After a week they closed the case and said they never found them. Thankfully, I am not like my husband and don't have sensitive eyes like he does. I was good the rest of the week without them. I just was not happy that they were gone.

Now on to the fun stuff. We had a LL for Test track already, that I got earlier in the morning and at some point picked up one for Spaceship Earth. On the Monorail I got some good pictures of the construction.

Moana Construction.jpgEPCOT construction.jpg

We went on Spaceship Earth first.Spaceship Earth.jpg

Spaceship Earth was a walk on. I really wanted to do this one since I wasn't sure when they were going to redo it/update it. After scanning in, I got a LL for Nemo for right then. so When we got off we headed that way and came across a Photo Pass Photographer. This pictures were great. And there was no hugging for this one.

2023-04-10 - Epcot - The Seas with Nemo  Friends.jpg2023-04-10 - Epcot - The Seas with Nemo  Friends_5.jpg2023-04-10 - Epcot - The Seas with Nemo  Friends_11.jpg

It was a fun photo session with some cool and different photos. Once we were done with the pictures we rode Nemo. After scanning I got an LL for Living with the Land For when we got off Nemo. Nemo was a walk one and we didn't need a LL for it, However, we bypassed a lot of the line buy using it.

Nemo.jpg
Nemo Selfie.jpg
This was a selfie I took on the ride. I am not sure why Jeff is acting like he is sleeping.

Continued in the next post.

Day 4 part 2 continued.

Before we got the LL for Living with the Land Jeff asked about Turtle Talk to Crush. We both love this one and loved taking the kids when they were younger. I felt that we might look creepy going to this one without kids. Jeff agreed and we skipped it. Does anyone else go without kids?

After Nemo we headed to Living with Land. After scanning in I got an LL for Figment for right when we got off. This became the theme of the night. None of the rides had a wait time. We just bypassed the line with the most walking.Living with the Land.jpg

After living with the land we headed over to Figment. We didn't ride SoarN this trip. With getting motion sick with screens I didn't want to chance it. I was doing great so far with not feeling sick and wanted to keep it that way.

Figment.jpg
This is one ride I remember as a kid and I always loved Figment so it is a must every trip. After we scanned in here we got one for the shorts. This one we really didn't need a LL for but it was a nice relaxing wait for the next show.

While we were waiting I tried for a guardians VQ. It was at the 6pm drop since it was a night that they were open late for deluxe guests. We did get a VQ for later in the night but there was no estimated time. This was just for Jeff. I am not much of a roller coaster person and I heard this was intense so I was sitting this one out.

After the shorts we headed over to us our LL for Test Track. It didn't look great outside and we weren't sure if we were going to be able to get on. The rain did hold off.

Test Track Car.jpg2023-04-10 - Epcot - Test Track.jpg

At some point during the day, I got some pictures of Elizabeth. They were at Typhoon Lagoon. It was a cold day for them but they all had fun.

Elizabeth.jpg

After we got off of Test Track we found a place to sit to figure out what to do next. We did everything we wanted to except for Guardians. We talked about hanging out and walking the World Showcase but decided to leave instead. We almost grabbed a reservation at Beaches and Cream. This is one place I wanted to go but it was just not fitting in. They had 1 opening but that was before we decided to leave so we didn't take it. While discussing what to do the rain was getting heavier (still not horrible) and the wind was really picking up so we decided to leave. Once we got back on to take the reservation it was gone. We started to head out using the International Gateway exit. We stopped for cover at, I think a closed up food booth, but it had enough of a over hang that it worked. We only stayed here for a couple of minutes and started out again.

We took the boat to the Beach Club and tried to find our way to Beaches and Cream. This was not a fun adventure. I learned I can't read a map very well and we walking in circles trying to find it. We finally found it but it would have been a 45 minute wait and the walk up window had a huge line. We gave up and walked over to the Dolphin.

We decided to eat at Fountain. We sat at the counter so the wait wouldn't be so long. However the wait for food was long. We both got a hamburger. Nothing to write home about here. It was ok. It was a burger nothing big.

While here we talked out our plans for Tuesday (the next day). The original plan was to go to HS in the morning and Epcot in the afternoon. Instead we decided to just go to EPCOT. We did everything that we wanted at HS except Indiana Jones and Frozen. Neither was a must do and we were looking for a more relaxed day. We were only planning on doing Guardians and the World Show Case area.

After dinner we headed back to our room for the night.

Jeff asked about Turtle Talk to Crush. We both love this one and loved taking the kids when they were younger. I felt that we might look creepy going to this one without kids. Jeff agreed and we skipped it. Does anyone else go without kids?

Well, our "kid" was with us last time, but he was 18! :rotfl: We all love Crush though, so we went anyway and just sat in the back to leave the best seats for the actual kids and the parents who needed to keep an eye on them.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only adults without kids at Turtle Talk. It's an indoor place with benches to sit on (if I'm remembering correctly) so I bet a lot of people use it as a place to take a break.

Don't feel bad about getting lost at the Beach Club; in my opinion, it's a really, really confusing resort! I just managed to remember how to get to Beaches and Cream from the main walkway to/from Epcot this past summer. That's after about 8-9 trips there. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter