First Adult Only Trip with a Little Bit of Kids Added In -- A Spring Break 2023 Trip

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only adults without kids at Turtle Talk. It's an indoor place with benches to sit on (if I'm remembering correctly) so I bet a lot of people use it as a place to take a break.

Don't feel bad about getting lost at the Beach Club; in my opinion, it's a really, really confusing resort! I just managed to remember how to get to Beaches and Cream from the main walkway to/from Epcot this past summer. That's after about 8-9 trips there. :sad2:
It might help if I was able to read the map in the lobby. I was reading it backwards and Jeff was really trying to explain that I was reading it wrong. I will chalk this mistake up to it being a long day.

A quick life update. It has been super busy around here. The kids had homecoming about 3 weeks ago and we took Jeff's grandmother to where the kids were getting pictures so she could see them. Well right after Jeff got to where Nick was, his grandmother fell. Thankfully it was at the park that everyone goes to get pictures and the police station is right there. There were 2 cops and lots of parents that came over to help. I was at home with Elizabeth and had to leave her and her friend. Thankfully Elizabeth was able to pivot quickly and got another friend to pick her up. This is not the norm for her. In the past this would have caused a melt down that I wasn't their. Once I got to Jeff I knew right away that his grandmother had broken something and Jeff was not helping either. He does not do well with anything medical related. So I took her to the ER and stayed with her that night until Jeffs mom got their. She lives about an hour to and hour and a half away. She did break her wrist and ended up having surgery a week later.

The week after both kids got sick and we were trying to help as much as we could with his grandmother. We both work full time so his mom was staying with her. Then everything hit the fan when Jeff's sister (who is 22) threw a tantrum that she missed her mom and she needed to come home. Their house can't function without this mom. It is 3 grown adults that live in that house. His mom even tried to tell me that I know how it is. Well I don't because we have done it several times and it is fine. So I have been super stressed out with his family and worried about his grandmother. It is to the point that I am not talking to them right now. I am letting Jeff handle it. I just might say something that I will regret later.

Also, we have had senior night for Nick with band and soccer, a dinner for soccer and several games. Elizabeth has been working and riding as well as doing her in car driving classes. Crossing my fingers that she gets her license soon. To top it off we have all had Dr. appointments to go to and Nick we thought had pink eye but the drops didn't help so he is at the doctors now. We also found out yesterday that he will be getting his wisdom teeth out on December 20th.

During this whole time, I have missed a ton of work (I am very thankfully I get a ton of PTO and always roll over some each year as a just in case sanerio like this pops up). I have also been sick and finally went to the doctor today. They don't think I have sinus infection but it is inflammation. I am on an antibiotic since it has been about 3 weeks since it started but also a steroid for the inflammation. Next week should be fun. I may not be the most pleasant person to be around.

Here are a few pictures of the events we have had.
Liz Homecoming.jpg
One of Elizabeth friend's dad is a professional photography and took the pictures of the girls for homecoming. I was very thankful because I was able to still get pictures as well as some really nice ones. The cowboy boots are her thing. She started it her freshman year and has worn a pair every year.

Nick Homecoming.jpg
Nick went with his girlfriend. She super sweet but being on time is not her thing. I only had until 5:30 with Nick before needing to be with Elizabeth. We were supposed to meet at 4:30. It ended up being 5:30 and I had to take a few quick pictures and run. Thankfully her mom sent me the pictures she took.

Band Senior Night.jpg

GVS-409~3Soccer Senior Night 2.jpg
These last 2 were from the senior nights for Nick.

I am hoping to get pictures moved and a trip report done shortly.

Sorry to hear that life has been rough lately! When it rains, it pours...Your kids looked very nice in their homecoming photos, though, and I'm sure they are having a fun fall with all their activities.
Ahh, family. They can be...a lot at times. Hopefully, everything calms down soon, and life can get back to a little bit more of a normal routine for you.

Sorry to hear that life has been rough lately! When it rains, it pours...Your kids looked very nice in their homecoming photos, though, and I'm sure they are having a fun fall with all their activities.
Ahh, family. They can be...a lot at times. Hopefully, everything calms down soon, and life can get back to a little bit more of a normal routine for you.
October was defiantly a month but went fast. I am hoping November is better. Things have finally settled down a little bit.

Day 5 --EPCOT

This day did not go as planned and ended up being a stressful morning.

We got up and I got a LL for Remi for the afternoon. The plan was to head through the International Showcase for the Early hours and ride Remi the Frozen and then get a LL for Frozen in the afternoon.

We took the boat over and I don't think we waited very long. We didn't quite understand how the WS worked before the opening at 11. We thought we would be able to walk through to Frozen but you can't. You have to go around. So instead we went to Remi first. The line moved fast but was still long. Remi 2.jpg

I think it was about 30 minutes before we got to this point. We were about the 3rd family from the front and the ride went down. We waited and waited and waited. People were getting angary. Jeff included. I think we waited about 45 minutes to an hour. Right about the time we were going to leave (like we started to get out of line) they finally gave us a pass to return later.
Remi.jpg

After this we were done for the morning and decided to leave for the day. We switched the LL for Remi to Frozen. So instead of riding each twice we would just ride them once in the afternoon. On our way out Jeff decided to head over to the Beach Club (I think. It might have been the Yacht Club. I can't remember) for breakfast. He knew I really wanted Mickey Waffles. So I finally got them. After eating we headed back to the room to change and go to the pool. This is not what I really wanted to do. It was cold but Jeff thinks being at the pool is how he is supposed to relax and if he doesn't get to go then he had not down time. It is very odd.

This was the spot we got. It was a great view. It started out ok and wasn't too cold.
Pool 2.jpg

Then it was freezing and I had Jeff get me more towels. I had one my legs and one covering my upper body. I was so cold. It didn't help that we would get spayed here and there from the waterfall.
Pool.jpg

We stayed at the pool for a few hours before I talked Jeff into going back to the room. It was bout 1 I think when we went back to the room and got ready to head back to EPCOT.

The first thing we did was go on Remi. It was a short wait going through the LL line. This time it did not break down. I am not a hug fan of this ride. I don't do great with the rides that have screens but I am ok if I can see the ground or in Soar'N I can see the ceiling. Just something I can focus on to ground me a bit. For this ride I couldn't wear the 3D glasses so I missed a lot of the affects. It is a cute ride that is kind of cool but not worth the wait that it has. I am glad I did it once though.

After we got off we started to work our away around the WS. Elizabeth was texting me asking were I was at. I told her by France and she wanted me to head to Norway right away. She did tell me she was in line for Frozen so we took our time. We got lots of pictures on our way over to Norway.

First Stop was Morocco
s.Morocco.jpgMorocco 2.jpgIago.jpg

I can't remember where this one was. I do know it was off to the side more in between counties.
Heart.jpg

Jeff didn't quite understand this one. He kept putting his hand out but he wasn't supposed to.
Minnie Plant.jpg

I really liked this one in Italy
Lady and the Tramp.jpg

Elizabeth was still texting me and I was getting worried something was wrong. She just kept telling me to get to Norway right away but she was still in line for Frozen. So we stopped to get a pretzel at Germany and sat for a few minutes.

Continued in the next post

Continued...

After that we started to head over to Norway and didn't stop until we got there. I texted her to let her know but she was still in line. She said the line was not moving and hadn't in awhile. They were only taking people from the LL line. Her and her friends decided to get out of line. There was nothing for me to worry about. She just wanted to see me and say hi.
Liz.jpg
She introduced us to the friends she was hanging out with. I knew one of them but the other we have not met yet. This group of friends is very quiet but are a great group of kids.

She didn't stick around with us for long. We gave her and her friends the left over pretzel. It was so big we couldn't eat it wall. They were all excited for it. We did tell them to head over to Remi because the line was short at that time. Elizabeth was pretty good though at watching wait times. The rode Flight of Passage with a short line. Nick waited double the time as her. I was happy that she didn't want to stay with us. We had this fear that if we were in the same park as her she would only hang out with us and not her friends. It would have not been horrible for her to stay with us but sometimes (really a lot of the time) she gets very clingy to me and we really wanted her to have fun. So this was a good thing.

After we parted ways Jeff and I rode Frozen. Elizabeth was right that they were only taking people in the LL line. We got through super fast. I was bummed for her but I think they went back later and rode it.

I loved the old version of this ride. When I was a kid and went with my dad, My sister and I rode this over and over while waiting from the Laser Light Show. We even met some kids close to our age doing the same thing. They were from Wales. Back then there wasn't ever a line for it. I was excited to see the Frozen version.

Frozen Ride.jpg

I still loved it.

After we got off we headed over to Mexico and rode Grand Fiesta but only after looking around at the stores.Mexico Ride.jpg

After this we headed over to Guardians since we were in our window for this. I did not ride it. I am not great with intense roller coasters. I will stick with my Seven Dwarfs ride. Even Everest is too much for me. It took a long time for Jeff to get through the line. I sat by the ship that is out front.

I was so bored that I remembered that I hadn't taken a picture of my nails so I took one while I was waiting.
Nails.jpg

I also got this great picture.
Selfie at Guardians.jpg

I was getting hungry and started to look at where I could get a snack. The corn on the cob from one of the booths (I think) looked really good. I didn't leave to go get it though because I wasn't sure how long it would be before Jeff was off the ride. I just waited and peopled watched. I like doing this so it wasn't too bad.

There was no line for this Photo pass so we got our picture taken before leaving the land.

Attachments

• Guardians 2.jpg
    Guardians 2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Gaurdians.jpg
    Gaurdians.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Grut.jpg
    Grut.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1
Continued...

Once we parted ways we headed to WS and got some pictures on the way.

I like this one. Jeffs look is great!
Thumps Up.jpg

This one is great too.
Butterfly Pic.jpg

We looked around Canada next and then to the UK. This is where we were having dinner. We do have some pictures from UK but I think they were in the morning because I don't have a sweatshirt on. We will just pretend they were taking at this time.

Hug UK.jpgChip (UK).jpg

We into the pub here and got a drink while we waited. We did head over and Jeff took this picture. I love Winnie the Pooh. Piglet is my favorite though. I think I am a lot like Piglet.
Winnie the Pooh.jpg
After this we wondered the garden a bit and then checked in for dinner. We got the dinner package at Rose and Crown to be able to watch the fireworks show while eating. We were the first to check in and were seated right away.

Dinner.jpg

This was our view to one side. It really was the perfect place
SpaceShip Earth at Night.jpg

We both had the Scotch Egg. This was very good. I was worried about the food options here since I am a picky eater.

Jeff had the Bangers and Mash. He liked it. This is right up his ally.
Jeffs Dinner.jpg

I had the Shepherd's Pie. I loved this. It was so good.
Steph Dinner.jpg

Our waiter was awesome and talked to us for a long time. We had a great conversation about England. I did ask if I could get some tea. I am not a tea drinker and they only had black tea. If I drink tea it is flavored. I gave it a shot and he teased me and told me I am not allowed to put milk in it. He said that is not the English way of doing it. Surprisingly I did like the tea with just a little bit of sugar. I only wanted it because I was so cold and needed something to warm me up.
Tea.jpg

The show was great and this was a great place to watch them. We didn't have to rush to find a spot or find one really early. We will do this again and I highly recommend it.

After the show we took our time and then headed out. It was nice to not be in the rush of people. After we were back at the hotel we just went to bed for the night. After the day starting off rough it ended up being a great day.

Here are a few pictures that I forgot to add in an earlier post.

We were both amazed at the magic band during the fireworks. This was the first time it light up to the show.
Magic Band.jpg

This was the captain of one of our boats rides this day. Does anyone watch Deadliest Catch? We do and he looks just like Wild Bill on the show so I had to get a picture.
Wild Bill.jpg

Sorry your day started out rough, but glad it got better. Remy isn't a favorite for me either. I've done it twice and so far that's enough for me. I did Guardian's once and don't want to do it again.

I've never had Rose and Crown, but your dinner sounded great.

Lots of great photos taken this day.

Sorry your morning didn't go as planned. I'm surprised they waited as long as they did to give you an anytime pass for Remy. They were aware it was Early Morning Hours and guests are on a time crunch during that time!

Oh my goodness, I couldn't help but giggle at the pool story. Isn't it funny how some things are must-do's during a vacation. Like, if someone doesn't get a Mickey Premium Bar it's not a Disney trip? Your husband just really wants his version of down time. :rotfl: Meanwhile, you have to be buried in towels.

Frozen is a fun attraction, but I'm like you, I miss being able to hop on Malestrom over and over again. There was something calming about walking through that queue and seeing the Viking murals!

It would have not been horrible for her to stay with us but sometimes (really a lot of the time) she gets very clingy to me and we really wanted her to have fun. So this was a good thing.

I have this problem with my oldest. I love him, but he can be clingy at times.
I'm glad your daughter stuck with her friends and had a good time at Epcot. I'm sure she loved that waited less time than her brother for FOP. :laughing:
And free food is like gold to teenagers. That pretzel didn't stand a chance.

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Rose and Crown. I remember those dishes well...:rotfl2:

I've never had Rose and Crown, but your dinner sounded great.
This dinner was for Jeff. I didn't think I would like any of it. I am just a really picky eater. I was surprised I liked it as much as I did.
Lots of great photos taken this day.
This became the plan for the afternoon. As we walked around we were searching for them. I was shocked Jeff got into as much as I did.
Sorry your morning didn't go as planned. I'm surprised they waited as long as they did to give you an anytime pass for Remy. They were aware it was Early Morning Hours and guests are on a time crunch during that time!
We were all shocked by this. I have never seen so many unhappy people. They really should have given them out earlier
Oh my goodness, I couldn't help but giggle at the pool story. Isn't it funny how some things are must-do's during a vacation. Like, if someone doesn't get a Mickey Premium Bar it's not a Disney trip? Your husband just really wants his version of down time. :rotfl: Meanwhile, you have to be buried in towels.
It took me until the end of the week to figure out why he kept saying we had no down time. We had a ton. They were just in the hotel because of the weather.
Frozen is a fun attraction, but I'm like you, I miss being able to hop on Malestrom over and over again. There was something calming about walking through that queue and seeing the Viking murals!
Yes, I loved the Viking theming and the old town you walked through.
I have this problem with my oldest. I love him, but he can be clingy at times.
I'm glad your daughter stuck with her friends and had a good time at Epcot. I'm sure she loved that waited less time than her brother for FOP. :laughing:
And free food is like gold to teenagers. That pretzel didn't stand a chance.
This is the first year she is really hanging out with friends. I know she is over doing it (she really needs to have down time for her anxiety not to get bad) but she is hanging out with friends and that is a big deal too. We started her on medicine right after this trip for her anxiety and depression and it has made a world of difference (this was after a failed attempt with meds her freshman year). Did have a lot of fun this trip despite not wanting to go with the band.

She made sure Nick knew that she didn't have to wait. I am just glad that they both listened, most of the time , when telling them how it all worked. It is not easy for someone who knows how it works.
I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Rose and Crown. I remember those dishes well...:rotfl2:
I did not think I would like this one. I was doing it for Jeff and to have a good spot for the fireworks. I think this was our second best meal this week. The best is coming up.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday and New Year's. December was not a great month for us. Especially the last 2 weeks. One of the god things that happened is the Elizabeth got her driver license at the beginning of the month but promptly got sick a day or 2 later. It was just a really bad sore throat that landed us in the ER one night because she would not swallow. It was just a virus but took about a week to finally get better.

Jeff got sick about a week to a week and a half before Christmas with a virus that is just congestion and a cough. This was also about the time I started to freak out that I wasn't going to to get everything done that needed to before Christmas.

I had the week off before Christmas (today is actually my first day back to work) so I was finally able to get stuff done. I was stuck a bit more in the house that week since Nick had his wisdom teeth out on the 20th (his first day of winter break). Everything went well with his wisdom teeth and he was doing better by Christmas weekend and was able to enjoy the time with family.

Then things went down hill. Nick came home with a bad headache from my moms on Christmas night. This is not normal for him at all but I thought it was just from his wisdom teeth. I gave him Advil and sent him to bed. Tuesday he still was not feeling good and looked off to me so I took his temp and he had a fever. I think the headache the night before was from a fever as well. I talked to the oral surgeon but we were in a catch 22. They would not bring him in the office if he had a fever but what I was telling them they didn't think it was from the wisdom teeth but only time would tell. The next day (Wednesday) he started with a sore throat and had the classic strep white spots in his throat. Strep was negative but the doctor thought it was just a virus or possible hand foot and mouth. The next several days were really hard on him. He was running a 103 + fever taking Tylenol and Advil to keep it down and his mouth and throat were getting worse to the point he didn't eat much. Thankfully after about 6-7 days he started to turn the corner. Then to top off his horrible winter break him and his girlfriend broke up. It was not a good break for him at all.

On top of Nick being sick, I also got sick but with just congestion and a mild cough. Elizabeth tried everything she could to not get sick but she got the congestion as well. I did start giving her the medicine to help stop colds or virus quicker. It might have been cold-eez or something like that. She never got as bad as the rest of us and was well enough to travel to Universal on Tuesday with my sister.

I am hoping that I will get the next update up this week. Things at work are slow and we don't have a whole lot going on at home either right now. This should give me some free time to post the next update and maybe even finish up the trip. I just have 1 more park day and then the travel home.

Sorry to hear everyone was sick over winter break. I feel like this was a rough season for illnesses! Everyone seemed to have to something or another over Christmas. My kids were sick the week before Christmas, then gave it to me. Like your family (well, except for poor Nick. Wisdom teeth removal AND a bad bug, that's awful.) it was the wicked sore throat and congestion.

Hope all the germs have run through your house and you can get through January with everyone feeling well!

Day 6 - Last Park Day - Magic Kingdom

We were up early again this morning for our last day. We were heading to Magic Kingdom this day. I didn't take note this day so I will be going by memory. The plan this day was to ride everything in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

We did get Genie + for this day as well and we got I think Peter Pan for the 7 am pick. We also got a boarding group for Tron for Jeff.

Nick wanted to get Genie + for his last day as well and this was something him and his friends agreed upon that they would all get it this day. He was able to link all of them together. Elizabeth and her friends stuck what they were doing all week. Watching wait times in the app and running all over the park to the ride with the lowest wait times. Oh to be young again and have this energy and to have my feet not hurt.

We headed off to the park but I can't remember if we used the Boardwalk busses or the Swan busses this day. We made it for the park early hours and this day we knew where to go and what was open. We got checked in and got pictures taken with the castle.

Castle 1.jpgTink.jpg

After the pictures we headed back to Fantasyland and checked on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train but the line was too long so we heading to the right to the New Fantasyland and our first ride today was Dumbo. There was no line and really no one in this area. It was really nice a peaceful.

Dumbo.jpg

After Dumbo we went on Little Mermaid. I am never get great pictures on this ride.

Little Mermaid.jpg

After this Jeff needed a break. He wasn't feeling the greatest. He wasn't sick just off this morning. So while he took a break I got a cinnamon roll from Gastón's Tavern. I have heard so many good things about this and had to try it. There was no line yet so it was quick. Cinnamon Roll.jpgThis was good and I will get it again. After about 10ish minutes Jeff was doing better so we headed off to the next ride.

Mickey's Philharmonic. We love this one.

Philharmagic.jpg
After this we were able to use what I think was out first LL for the day. Peter Pan. This ride seemed different to Jeff and I. Like it was shorter or something. I think it most likely had to do with not having kids and pointing everything out to them. We were able to just sit back and enjoy it.

Peter Pan.jpg

After Peter Pan we caught part of the Welcome Show from the side of the castle as we walked by.

Welcome Show.jpg

After this we headed over to the Laugh Floor. This one gives me anxiety. I don't to be the center of attention and everyone looking at me. But I love it and it is so funny so I go anyways.

Laugh Floor 1.jpgLaugh Floor.jpgThankfully I was not picked for any of the jokes. In 2020 we had planned a trip with my mom and step-dad and I was so looking forward to doing this with him. If he got picked he would have had fun with it. But that trip never happened.

Continued in the next post...

Next we headed off to Carousel of Progress. This is a must do every trip for me. Carousel of Progress.jpg

I saw this picture at the end of the show and I wondered who's baby that is. It is a cute picture.

Baby.jpg

After this we started to head out for the morning. Our plan was to stay until 1 for the late hours so we wanted to stay rested up. We did stop for some castle pictures on our way out.

2023-04-12 - Magic Kingdom Park - Cinderella Castle_5.jpg

Back at the hotel we headed to the pool. Yes it was cold but Jeff insisted. He whole idea that it is not resting if we are not at the pool thing kicked in again. This time I didn't even put my swimsuit on. I stayed nice and bundled up. We read our books and just rested and then decided to order food from our chair. Nothing big as we had a big dinner planned for this night. After we ate lunch we headed back to the room. With it being our last day, I needed to get some packing done and needed to get ready for our dinner.

I am very much a steak and potato girl and really wanted to go to one of the steak houses for dinner one of the nights. We looked at the menus for each of them as well as location and decided on Shula's. Shula's.jpgThis place was great. The food was awesome as well. Our waiter was awesome as well. We couldn't finish everything and we so wanted to take the left overs with us but with leaving in the morning it just was not going to work out.

Before heading to our room we stopped to get a picture at the swan fountain since we were dressed up.

Swan Photo.jpg

We headed back to the room to change and then headed back to the park. I had picked up a Buzz LL earlier (after Peter Pan) and kept pushing it back and was able to get a LL for Haunted Mansion as well as Pirates. Things were not in our favor this afternoon.

While waiting for the bus we took this selfie. As you can tell is was windy again this night and it was kind of chilly.

Heading back to the park.jpg

Once back at the park we got our picture in front with the 100 years icon. There weren't many people in line but with Jeff wearing his Browns sweatshirt we got to talking to the family that was behind us. They were not with our group but were from a town just south of us. It was a nice chat about the Browns football and such. When ever he wore this sweatshirt it always started a conversation with different people. Whether they liked the Browns or not it was always a fun conversation.

100 years photo.jpg

The first ride up was the Haunted Mansion. This is where everything went sideways for the night. I had our 3 LL's back to back with not much room for error and this ride was going to show my why you don't book rides back to back or even overlap them.

Things were going great until we got far enough in the line that we were stuck and couldn't leave. The ride broke down. It was the worst spot ever. We might have been there for 20 minutes. finally we started to move again but by this time we knew we were not going to make the other LL's. So I was able change the times of both. This was later in the afternoon as our dinner was 6 so we didn't have much time before the fireworks. We finally get on and get to the area with the door knockers and then we broke down again. We were in this spot for what seemed like 10 minutes. This is the worst spot to get stopped. It was so annoying to hear the doors knocking over and over again. We did stop a few more times before finally making it through the ride. It was a rough one.

2023-04-12 - Magic Kingdom Park - Haunted Mansion_2.jpg

We still couldn't figure where the camera's were. Well we know but just are never ready for them.

After we got off we headed to Pirates.

2023-04-13 - Magic Kingdom Park - Pirates of the Caribbean.jpg

Continued on the next page....

After got off of Pirates, we started to head over to Buzz. This was a must do for me this trip since we haven't done it since our first Disney trip when the kids were 4 and 5. On our way over there we realized that were not going to be able to ride Buzz and see the fireworks so we decided that we would get a spot for the fireworks. At this point I was not able to move the Buzz LL any more but I was ok with it since the plan was to stay until 1.

We got a great viewing spot for the fireworks despite it already being pretty packed.

Fireworks Spot.jpgFireworks spot selfie.jpgFireworks.jpg

This is my favorite fireworks show out of all the parks and I am glad we waited for it. After they were done we tried to head to Buzz but where we were at we could not get their without going a long way around. Jeff and I sat down at some benches that on the side of the castle heading to the Tea Cups. We didn't stay here to long because someone had vomited in the area before we got their and it was just a bit too much chaos in that area. We headed to Buzz but got stopped because I saw a photo pass photographer. These ones turned out great.

2023-04-13 - Magic Kingdom Park - Tomorrowland_3.jpg2023-04-13 - Magic Kingdom Park - Tomorrowland_7.jpgOlaf Cold.jpg

After the pictures we were now headed to Buzz. We decided not to ride yet because the line was long as I thought it would die down as the night went on. We then decided to go on the People Mover. I love this ride as it is just a nice peacefully ride.

People Mover.jpg

After the People mover we stopped to get a drink and then decide what to do next. Jeff didn't ride Tron earlier in the day as the time just did not work out. I did get another boarding group for the late night. We had lots of time on our hands but were fading fast. I got a coke and I think Jeff got an iced tea. Neither tasted good as they had the well water taste. We sat for awhile and watched the wait times for Buzz and looked to see if there was anything else we wanted to do. We both felt like we accomplished everything we wanted too and that there was no way were going to make to 1. With a heavy heart we decided that our time in the parks were done. Buzz is the only thing on my must do's that we didn't get too. For some reason this is what happens every trip. This ride seems to be the hardest for us to actually ride. One day I will get back on it. Jeff did miss going on Tron. He was ok with it. Between being so tired and our feet hurting (standing for the fireworks I think is what did us in) it just was not going to happen.

I did talk a lot to Jeff about doing a dessert party next time. He just thought it was a waste of money for this trip but he also only heard the word dessert and nothing else I said. He is not a dessert person. Since then I have been able to explain it better and he wants to do this for our next trip.

After we got back to the resort we finished pack as it was going to be an early morning heading to the airport.

That was a long final Disney day! Standing still is so much worse than walking around. When I was there in April, waiting in a standstill line is what zapped my mom and I's energy. But at least you were able to see Happily Ever After from a great spot! It's such a great nighttime show, and if you're having a MK day, it's only fitting you watch the fireworks.
Sorry you weren't ever able to go on Buzz. There's always an attraction or show that eludes people. At this point, you just have to look at it as almost humorous how many years have gone by since you've been able to experience it.

I did wonder while I was reading if you were going to "relax" by the pool one last time. :rotfl:

Shula's sounds like it was a delicious dinner!

That was a long final Disney day! Standing still is so much worse than walking around. When I was there in April, waiting in a standstill line is what zapped my mom and I's energy. But at least you were able to see Happily Ever After from a great spot! It's such a great nighttime show, and if you're having a MK day, it's only fitting you watch the fireworks.
Sorry you weren't ever able to go on Buzz. There's always an attraction or show that eludes people. At this point, you just have to look at it as almost humorous how many years have gone by since you've been able to experience it.

I did wonder while I was reading if you were going to "relax" by the pool one last time. :rotfl:

Shula's sounds like it was a delicious dinner!
We love the fireworks and make sure we watch each of them at least once each trip. There was no way we were going to miss this one.

Yes, I just laugh at missing Buzz every time. But I will make it there next time. Though it may be a few years. I couldn't get him to bite on the free dining. We are not really doing any vacation this year. With Nick going off to college next year we are trying to be responsible adults and save our money. It might be two years before we really doing anything because Elizabeth is the year right after him. How am I going to be an empty nester in a year and a half? That time really flew by.

I just don't get this pool thing he has. It is so strange to me.

I would highly recommend Shula's to anyone wanting to go somewhere nice while at Disney. It is pricey but this was a splurge for us and not something we really ever do.

Magic Kingdom is my favorite park and I can't spend enough time there. Glad you got to spend your last day there. Sorry you missed Buzz again. I hope you make it back again sooner better than latter. DH and I have enjoyed our adult only trips, but we enjoy the family trips too.

Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter