First time to Orlando…

Update. Sold the BRV.
I was going to wait and see if someone posted in the rift thread, but not sure it matters.
I bought it almost exactly 1 year ago, banked and borrowed to use 3 years in one trip, paid the dues and sold it for $1 more than I bought it. (minus commissions, etc)
So that means I paid about $1200-$1800 for 10 nights in WDW. Who says DVC isn’t worth it. ;)

Last edited:
Update. Sold the BRV.
I was going to wait and see if someone posted in the rift thread, but not sure it matters.
I bought it almost exactly 1 year ago, banked and borrowed to use 3 years in one trip, paid the dues and sold it for $1 more than I bought it. (minus commissions, etc)
So that means I paid about $1200-$1800 for 10 nights in WDW. Who says DVC isn’t worth it. ;)
Amen!

I keep thinking how much I am saving when staying in a 2-bedroom at Aulani on my OG $94 direct SSR points I bought in 2007...

Update. Sold the BRV.
That was a pretty good deal. Did you add on elsewhere?

Update. Sold the BRV.
We've been on the fence of selling our BRV that we purchased a year ago as well. It was a loaded contract and we spent all available points and transferred next UY into our other membership, but just haven't gone through with it. Got it for $75/pt, so think we could be in a similar position of just paying dues/closing for 3 years worth of points. The only thing stopping us is the idea of having annual December stays at the Lodge!

That was a pretty good deal. Did you add on elsewhere?
Not yet… except I also have VGC.

I plan to replace the BRV with about 50-80 CCV and a 25-50 BWV.

We've been on the fence of selling our BRV that we purchased a year ago as well. It was a loaded contract and we spent all available points and transferred next UY into our other membership, but just haven't gone through with it. Got it for $75/pt, so think we could be in a similar position of just paying dues/closing for 3 years worth of points. The only thing stopping us is the idea of having annual December stays at the Lodge!
Yea, unless your sold on BRV just list it and let it ride, if you get a decent offer you can decide to sell it or not. Meanwhile you can start planning your CCV purchase. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter