First Trip To Universal Orlando! Need Help!

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
Hello all! It's seem so strange to me to be posting on this board! I'm trying to read as much as possible so I have some sort of game plan going in, but I do have a specific question. I'll be heading to Universal Orlando, alone, in a few weeks for a 3 day business related trip. I'm a 60something die hard Disney fan, and have been to WDW more times than I can count, and am very excited about also now becoming a Universal fan. This trip is specifically to learn about the Universal Orlando parks, to take pictures, try the foods, etc. so as to post to social media during and after the trip. My specific question is about riding Hagrid's. I love Tower of Terror, and have no problem riding that, nor do I have a problem on Dinosaur, Splash Mountain or BTMRR. I use to love Everest, but the last few times on it I have been dizzy afterwards, and I'm not sure why, so avoiding it now. Given the info I've given you, do you think I'll have a problem with Hagrid's? Any other tips you can give me as a first time Dark Sider will be appreciated! Oh, one other thing. I guess I have two questions. I'm sure it's expected that I'll visit Volcano Bay on this trip to post about that also, but I can say very definitely I will not be doing any slides, tubes or raft rides. Probably will just walk around, eat some food, and take lots of pics. Do you think I'll be able to portray a good feel for this park without going on any of the rides? Thanks for any help you can give!

If you are a potter fan, you will enjoy those sections

many trip reports include a lot of detail which may give you an edge of what to expect

The stickies has valuable information for all that are exploring the parks as a newbie

enjoy your visit to the Darkside!

I think you’ll be fine on Hagrids. Would recommend sitting in the sidecar—less intense experience than the motorbike :)

Everest always makes me sick. Hagrid's has some pretty good G-Forces but doesn't make me sick. I find that taking half of a Less-Drowsy Dramamine is enough to ward off any feelings of dizziness.

It is Forbidden Journey that is more of an issue with me.

Thank you, guys! Is Forbidden Journey the one that causes some motion sickness? I thought I read that somewhere.

I just retuned from UO and rode Hagrid’s 9 times in 5 days.
I didn’t feel that much difference being on the bike or sidecar, I did when I was in the first slot. It is fast, up to 55 mph in sections, no loops but there is a drop and weightless feeling. The ride changes completely in the dark if you have time. Have fun!!!

Attachments

• 8BE1D821-96C8-4D1F-957F-1A78A67D5B10.jpeg
    8BE1D821-96C8-4D1F-957F-1A78A67D5B10.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 5
  • C404892F-7859-4752-B100-AB4423E52E8C.jpeg
    C404892F-7859-4752-B100-AB4423E52E8C.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 5
We are headed to Universal for a one-day adventure during our WDW vacation in a few weeks as well. I can't wait! It'll be my first time back since 2004 and my wife has never been.

I can't help with your question, just wanted to say I'm super excited to see some other folks just like us venturing over to Universal for some HP fun!

I strongly recommend at least trying Hagrids. It is like a higher speed coaster but without the height... and of course with an actual story & just a really well done, immersive, unique ride.

At VB, you can definitely get a feel without going on actual slides. The fast "lazy" river is great, so worth a lap or two around if you're going to VB already. I like the slides (and the water coaster!) but that rapid river was so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter