crowellaf

lost in toontown fair
We're having a Disney Wedding but are Florida locals, so the parks weren't really "honeymoon worthy." We considered Mediterranean Cruises, but something about the Norwegian stops and Fjords just put stars in our eyes.

We're looking at RC or Celebrity Cruises that depart July 2022:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/7-night-norwegian-fjords-from-southampton-on-anthem/AN07STH-559975502?sail-date=2022-07-08&currency=USD&country=USA&dates_maxDate=07/31/2022&dates_minDate=07/01/2022

https://www.celebritycruises.com/it...land?packageID=SI07U143&sDT=2022-07-16&cCD=CO

Is the usual advice that it's better to book through a travel agent? We'd love to take advantage of any deals that come along and some onboard credit would be nice. How long does it normally take a TA to get back to you with quotes? I reached out to one last week and still haven't gotten anything. How does dining work, is it unlimited? Can someone explain drink packages? How can we set up a cruise where we don't go bankrupt but don't have to worry about spending anything once we board? Hoping that if we leave out of South Hampton I can use my JetBlue points for our flights and then get a day or two in London, Paris, and DLP.

Inside cabin, porthole, or verandah? Are the upper classes worth it? Will they treat us like trash if we don't book the fancy ones? Would you choose the Celebrity Silhouette or the RC Anthem of the Seas?

FH has been on a couple Caribbean cruises, I've been on one DCL cruise but it was over 15 years ago. My nine year old self didn't know too much about cruising...

Experts, help a future bride out!

Last edited:
No cost to you to book with an agent. Then if anything comes up they can help you take care of things. Plus some agencies offer on board credit. If an agent hadn’t at least replied to you within a day, even to say they will get back to you, I suggest looking for another TA.

Dinung in the main dining room, the Windjammer buffet and most counters are all included.

with drink packages you pay up front, you then get a sticker on your sea pass that identifies you as having a package. Then you can order as much as you want under that plan.

With suites you get a gold sea pass that gives you certain perks like reserved seats at shows. but you are definitely not treated worse by not staying in a suite .

We're having a Disney Wedding but are Florida locals, so the parks weren't really "honeymoon worthy." We considered Mediterranean Cruises, but something about the Norwegian stops and Fjords just put stars in our eyes.

We're looking at RC or Celebrity Cruises that depart July 2022:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/7-night-norwegian-fjords-from-southampton-on-anthem/AN07STH-559975502?sail-date=2022-07-08&currency=USD&country=USA&dates_maxDate=07/31/2022&dates_minDate=07/01/2022

https://www.celebritycruises.com/it...land?packageID=SI07U143&sDT=2022-07-16&cCD=CO

Is the usual advice that it's better to book through a travel agent? We'd love to take advantage of any deals that come along and some onboard credit would be nice. How long does it normally take a TA to get back to you with quotes? I reached out to one last week and still haven't gotten anything. How does dining work, is it unlimited? Can someone explain drink packages? How can we set up a cruise where we don't go bankrupt but don't have to worry about spending anything once we board? Hoping that if we leave out of South Hampton I can use my JetBlue points for our flights and then get a day or two in London, Paris, and DLP.

Inside cabin, porthole, or verandah? Are the upper classes worth it? Will they treat us like trash if we don't book the fancy ones? Would you choose the Celebrity Silhouette or the RC Anthem of the Seas?

FH has been on a couple Caribbean cruises, I've been on one DCL cruise but it was over 15 years ago. My nine year old self didn't know too much about cruising...

Experts, help a future bride out!
Hi, I see you are not getting much input so I will chime in on a couple of things. Yes we highly recommend getting a GOOD TA. We have used the same one for around 10 years now. She works for Dreams Unlimited that are a sponsor of these boards. Her name is Beth Fejer (sounds like FAYER). BethF@dreamsunlimited.com . We find the main dining room menu is very nice and feel that you don't have to pay extra for the specialty dining unless you just want the experience. If you are doing specialty, then usually you can just book one night, sometimes a three night package or the Ultimate dining experience. Generally the more nights the less expensive per night. Also always keep an eye on your cruise planner after you book because there are often sales popping up. If you see something you want for a price you feel is reasonable then book it. If another sale comes along that is better, just cancel your first booking for that item and book at the new lower price. You will have to wait a short time for the initial refund but it will come. No matter what cabin type you choose, you will never be treated badly by staff. It is one of the most pampered vacations you will ever experience. Depending on your how many drinks you may prefer we always get the Deluxe drink package. As stated earlier you will often find sales. The mixed drinks run around $11-$14/ per drink and I believe most beers are around $8-$9? So if you get the Deluxe drink package for around $50 then you can see you would have easily spent that out of pocket if you will drink more than 5 mixed drinks in the entire day. You can calculate beer the same, but also note that it also includes the Mocha and Lattes in the morning if your are a specialty coffee person. Some ships even have a few Loaded coffees to start you day. ;-) . Cruise Planner sales happen frequently but always keep an eye around holidays and especially Black Friday. Hope this helps some. feel free to ask more questions and I will do my best to answer. If you were doing the Bahamas/ Caribbean end of cruising RCCL's drink package also works while on their private Island Perfect Day at Coco Cay. I highly Recommend trying that after your honeymoon trip!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter