• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flag Day (June 14, 2022)

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Flag Day (June 14, 2022). How are you planning on celebrating it? I’m going to make a USA flag cake, grill some hot dogs, and watch the USMNT beat El Salvador in the CONCACAF Nations League (10pm ET on FS1/Univision/TUDN).

I will be on a cruise.....so not doing anything special.
That is usually the day I put the flag out and leave it until after July 4th, but it has to wait this year.

We observe it by putting out our flag, but otherwise, nothing.

It’s a special event day at the elementary schools here, and a long-time tradition. They hold an outdoor flag ceremony and a school-wide assembly (K-5) where the first graders sing (Fifty Nifty and other patriotic songs), and do some readings and skits. First grade parents are invited and it’s a big deal for the kids. (I realize that the school year is over already in many regions, but here it goes to the end of June.)

Uncle Sam meets Lady Liberty on Flag Day? 🤔🤣

More like Mister Burns met Gloria. It didn't end up going that well though, but at least he had the essence from the pockets of the pocket fox, an animal that only existed for 3 weeks in the 16th century.

This is going to make me sound dumb but I didn't know Flag Day was an actual holiday until I read this thread. I won't be doing anything special and don't have anything planned.
That’s normal. Knowledge on the day varies by region. It’s origin goes back to 1777 but it didn’t become an official holiday until many years later. Kids usually just color a picture of the US flag and give it to their parents. I’m curious if team USA will do anything special since they are playing that day.

Flag Day was semi-important when I was a kid, but it barely rates a mention today.

About 35 years ago some union during negotiations wanted Flag Day added as a paid holiday off and were pretty much ridiculed at the bargaining table.

Flag Day was semi-important when I was a kid, but it barely rates a mention today.

About 35 years ago some union during negotiations wanted Flag Day added as a paid holiday off and were pretty much ridiculed at the bargaining table.
I’m always up for something to celebrate and I’ll take my civic holidays wherever I can get them! I also very much like seeing our flag flying but we don’t have a special day for that. :goodvibes

Nothing. I’m not an indoctrinated cult member.
I resent this comment. There is nothing cultish or political about honor the USA flag on a specific holiday. You have a right to not care about the day but others who do should not be criticized for celebrating it. 🙁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter