Flight Socks

Hellie

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of using flight socks on my next flight, has anybody used them and do they work. I don't really walk around much as I am teriffied of flying but do tend to twitch my feet a lot, would it be worth buying them? I am one of those people who end up having really swollen feet for days after the flight.

Thanks in advance.

Helen:D

Janice and I wore them - she gets swollen ankles and feet too but they certainly reduced it if not stopped it. I don't suffer from swollen feet but took advantage of an offer on flight socks from Tesco and bought some.
It would help if you could walk around more to keep your circulation going - I noticed how conscious people are about this now. Lots of people went to the back of the plane at various times to stretch their legs - several were doing gentle stretching exercises too.

I have looked at these but don't know which size to get. I'm between sizes as I take size 6 shoes but I'm quite (well let's be honest very) overweight. If I go smaller will they be too tight to bear? If I go for the larger ones would they be to loose to be useful?

BUY SOME!
DH has been using prescription ones for ages now but in March I bought some from TJHughes(good price!) for myself & DD. They were very comfortable & we had no problem with swelling at all. I was very impressed & will certainly keep using them now -big improvement. They are not very pretty to look at but if you wear trousers no-one can see them & if you don't you can always use them just while on-board.
If you are not sure about sizing you could ask in somewhere like Boots as they usually do their best to be helpful or ask your G.P. if he would prescribe some for you as they are properly measured to fit the individual.
Regards
Carol

...... I only put them on whilst on the plane and removed them before we landed - if you do this, make sure you are wearing trousers that are loose enough or are you are going to have fun in the plane loo :) :) :) ( aren't you Janice :rolleyes: ;) ? )

They are pretty tight and there are instructions on how to put them on inside the pack.

Originally posted by WDWfan,uk
...... I only put them on whilst on the plane and removed them before we landed - if you do this, make sure you are wearing trousers that are loose enough or are you are going to have fun in the plane loo :) :) :) ( aren't you Janice :rolleyes: ;) ? )

:eek:

Hi Jana,
Correct me if I'm wrong someone but my understanding is that flight socks are designed to put pressure around the ankles to help circulation whereas support hose offers generalised support for problems like varicose veins,
Carol:D

LOL Neil :D

On the way home, I was wearing trousers and sandals. As it just isn't the 'done' thing to wear socks with sandals there was no way I would put my flight socks on before boarding the aircraft. Shirley managed to sit in the seat and just pull her socks on but me.......I had all the trouble in the world being of the larger size persuasion :rolleyes: <i>and</i> wearing trousers that were quite fitted below the knee (I couldnt roll them up!) - so as soon as the seatbelt light went off - I was first in the loo to put the socks on! LOL (On the way out I had put them on at home and wore shoes and found them extremely comfie)

As Shirley says - I have a problem with swollen feet anyway - more particularly after a flight and it can sometimes be the whole fortnight we are away before I can get decent shoes on - the socks took all this away and I had no swelling at all! Definetly a bonus in my book and worth the money. I certainly felt they were worth wearing and will make sure that I use them every time in the future.

HTH

Thanks for all the help I will definitely buy some, but won't be struggling in the loo putting them on - LOL Janice:p

Does anyone know what colours they come in?

Helen :confused:

Hi Helen

I only saw Black - I am not sure if they are available in other colours

Have just been to John Lewis at lunchtime and they have them in a natural colour by Flightsox, and they were only £9.95 - bargain.

If anyone is interested the website is

www.flightsox.com

Helen :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter